ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-05, 08:17 PM

Anonymous_steve is on a distinguished road
toledo ohio, Steve?

Hello all, I was just diagnosed with adds Over a year ago I quit smoking and quit coffee and started running. What a culture shock for me. So after a few months I started going crazy thinking I was going to die, I could not sleep, I was going nuts. I went to the doc and he gave me a prescription for Paxcal, I took one and totally freaked out. I don’t know if it was the first dose of paxcil or just me but I stopped and called the doc he gave me Welbutrin and advised me to see a shrink and I did. After a few months of welbutrin I feel much better and thought since I was seeing the shrink I should see about this life long feeling I had add, well I do and he gave me strattera. I went up a dose one month at a time now I am at 80mg a day plus 300 welbutrin. The strattera does not seem to work so he told me to try ritalin also 5mg 2 times a day. And that is were I am at now. I live in Ohio have 3 kids one VERY understanding wife and a dog. I am 35 and now just starting to see life.

P.S. Long time reader, first time writer.
Old 12-14-05, 08:25 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,073 Times in 579 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the ADD Forums!

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 12-14-05, 09:13 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,037 Times in 2,496 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute
From one Buckeye to the other...Welcome to the ADDF

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-05, 01:09 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,019 Times in 2,424 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome, Steve!!

Thanks for the intro. It's nice to meet you!

I hope the addition of the Ritalin is working out for you!

I was going to recommend the Ritalin and Strattera forum, but I wouldn't be surprised if you've already made your way there (since you've been a long time reader).

I look forward to more posts from you!

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
Old 02-12-08, 09:19 PM

justSteve1972 is on a distinguished road
Re: toledo ohio, Steve?

Dude that is scary why do you ask ? My name is steve i live in toledo ohio and i am not marryed and no kids and no dog . But i have a cat named max . That is weird . Nice to meat you Um steve . I fell like i am talking to myself . lol . Take care . Steve

Last edited by Andrew; 02-12-08 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: Removed last name. No last names are permitted on the forums.
Old 02-13-08, 12:24 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

NonSequitur is a jewel in the roughNonSequitur is a jewel in the roughNonSequitur is a jewel in the rough
Re: toledo ohio, Steve?

Welcome!