ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Other Co-Existing Conditions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you have digestion problems?
All the time 2 22.22%
Sometimes 3 33.33%
No or rarely 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-17, 12:28 PM

icantbelive93 is on a distinguished road
Do you have digestion problems?

Do you struggle with digestion?
Old 09-22-17, 02:32 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,678 Times in 8,850 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: Do you have digestion problems?

I used to struggle with (and was diagnosed with) severe IBS, severe "nervous stomach" where I'd puke at the drop of heavy stress, frequent diarrhea and cramping (always diagnosed and treated as a generic tummy virus or food poisoning - ha - how ironic -, until they decided it was ibs), acid reflux, and did a whole lot of belching and burping, which I was mistakenly taught simply meant "compliments to the chef".

After suffering a gall bladder attack 2.5 years ago, which luckily wasn't severe enough to require emergency surgery, I chose to switch to a mostly whole foods plant-based vegan diet, eliminating all meat, dairy, eggs, seafood, caffeine, artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, etc., and alcohol (minus some tinctures on occasion).

I had topped out at my heaviest weight, being 324 lbs. (although my doc always assured me I was healthy, based on blood work and vitals) and damn near bed ridden. Switching my consumption habits helped me lose 110 lbs and regain vitality that I was convinced was gone forever, according to the docs. No more digestive issues now, unless I consume stuff I know my body isn't intended to healthily digest. I now realize I was eating a lot of my dis-ease(s).

I got hooked on some old favorites again, like fries, onion rings, regular pizza crusts, potato wedges, eating late at night, etc., and my body quickly packed at least 30 of the pounds I lost back on, and the gall bladder reminded me what a bad idea that was. Hardest thing I've ever done, by far, but equally as rewarding.

If you're suffering, hope you find some substantial relief soon.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (09-22-17)
Old 09-22-17, 06:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,500 Times in 2,678 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Put it this way, if you're eating a lot of junk food frequently and aren't experiencing any digestive issues, then be very worried, as its a strong sign that your immune system isn't working properly.

Unhealthy food is supposed to make you feel unhealthy, if it doesn't, then something is seriously wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-22-17), Pilgrim (09-23-17), Unmanagable (09-22-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-17, 08:49 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,283 Times in 13,270 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I do and it has to do with a medical issue among many things. I can tell you that I have to watch it with meat, especially red meat. any kind of junk with more than 20 grams of sugar and any kind of artificial sugar bothers me. Trans fat junk food bothers me. refined carbs bothers me. Not to say that I dont slip up. I am under an enormous amount of stress right now and a half hour ago I ate half a donut and am already regretting it. Yogurt and aciddopholis supplements help me as doesn tumeric and my own made upn ginger tea. I use the actual tumeric root that I shred into things, not the seasoning.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 09-25-17, 02:09 AM

ScatterBrainX will become famous soon enough

I have the "nervous stomach" too (no puking though, just nausea).

A plant-based diet is what helped me the most with this too, but sadly the recipes I found that I liked take for ever to cook, and I don't have the time for it regularly.

It's useful to figure out which foods in particular affect you, because you don't need to have a 100% plant-based diet all the time to see its benefits.

For me, milk/cheese is the worst offender. Meat is not really a big problem.
Old 10-02-17, 01:42 AM

spacegrrl is on a distinguished road

I'm severely lactose intolerant. I need to read the ingredients of everything.

But, even beyond that, I sometimes have reactions to things that don't contain dairy. Sometimes these are things I made myself and I absolutely know. Or apples can do it to me, and I'm pretty sure those are dairy free. And these can be things that don't cause a reaction every time. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.