ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-09, 07:23 PM
Contributor

odsybmx734 is on a distinguished road
One last try to explain myself, and get help. mind racing/medications/etc.

This is my last attempt to try and explain, and get advice/help/anything on this issue I have.

I have posted a few threads about racing thoughts, and how they are getting to be a real problem for me, and I am sorry if any of this is repetitive but I am desperate. I will try to keep it short and sweet.

Medications I am on are:

Adderall 20mg Xr once a day.

Wellbutrin 100mg twice a day.

I have been diagnosed with inattentive A.D.D., and nothing else.

I was just put on Wellbutrin a week ago to try and help the racing thoughts and plan on continuing to take it until I find a new doctor who will tell me if it actually even helps racing thoughts since I don't want to be on an anti-depressant when I am not depressed.

Adderall is on and off with helping my mind racing, usually I take it around 9 a.m. and I would say my mind is on one channel on and off until about 2, and then it just unwinds and I feel like my head is just a bowl of mush being blended at high speed....I describe it as feeling 'sick in the head'.

I really only take Adderall for motivation, and to keep my thoughts from getting in the way of getting **** done. Everyone makes a big deal about focusing, but if I really have/want to I can focus without medication, it is just really hard for me.

I am starting to wonder if I even have A.d.d.... what if I am bi-polar? schizo? anything!? I just don't even know anymore, there is so many conditions with so many symptoms I am starting to wonder if I am misdiagnosed.

The only thing I have found to treat racing thoughts searching online, was Xanax and Klonopin.... I have never taken either. They seem like medications you take as needed.... in other words..not everyday. But I need something everyday. I can't sleep at night, I have to take something to put my mind at ease so it will let me just fall asleep.

I think I have said all I can say... maybe when you guys reply I can give you any information I might have left out, but I would really appreciate it if anyone who has experienced this mind racing and found a solution, could give me some advice. Or if you have anything to say at all I am all ears.

I am desperate at this point, it is mainly the sleep I am worried about, I can deal with feeling crappy and sick in the head during the day. I can't deal with laying down every night, with my mind going and going and going.

So sorry about the length. Thank you for reading
The Following User Says Thank You to odsybmx734 For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (09-02-09)