ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Science in the Media
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Science in the Media This forum is for articles and stories of scientific importance; open discussion is encouraged

Old 10-21-12, 10:58 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Verile is a glorious beacon of lightVerile is a glorious beacon of lightVerile is a glorious beacon of lightVerile is a glorious beacon of lightVerile is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ADHD and General Intelligence - the Biological Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
Eh, if you had a really big brain you might be autistic. Anyway, it doesn't say you have a smaller brain, it says that statistically, there is a tendency toward smaller brains.
Thank you for being so very literal to my super cereal outburst. I suppose it's my bad, this is the science section on closer inspection.

L-methylfolate resurrected my soul. Details.
The Following User Says Thank You to Verile For This Useful Post:
Fortune (10-21-12)
Old 10-21-12, 11:08 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,202 Times in 9,398 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verile View Post
Thank you for being so very literal to my super cereal outburst. I suppose it's my bad, this is the science section on closer inspection.
Haha. I'm so very literal rather frequently, regardless of context.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
Amtram (10-22-12), Dizfriz (10-22-12), Drewbacca (10-21-12)
Old 10-21-12, 11:12 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Verile is a glorious beacon of lightVerile is a glorious beacon of lightVerile is a glorious beacon of lightVerile is a glorious beacon of lightVerile is a glorious beacon of light

Next time I make the claim my brain is smaller I'll make sure to get the study that was conducted solely on me. Or maybe I'll just do a home job and post pics. On 2nd thought, I don't know how I'd make that work either. The fact it required an afterthought may be evidence enough my brain is smaller.

Last edited by Verile; 10-21-12 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: afterthought
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-12, 11:30 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,202 Times in 9,398 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what could be used for an improvised home EEG.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (10-22-12)
Old 10-21-12, 11:51 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

I was thinking along cruder lines, like a butcher's knife, chopping board, and scale.

The Following User Says Thank You to Verile For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (10-22-12)
Old 10-22-12, 01:04 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 17,517 Times in 7,316 Posts
Amtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond repute

Smaller brain is not automatically correlated with lower intelligence. Individual brain structures perform pretty specific functions, so differences in overall size mean a lot less than differences in size of particular structures. On top of that, some size differences that don't correlate with differences in connectivity will be less relevant than size differences that affect or are affected by functional connections.

It just ain't that easy!