ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 09-12-13, 11:44 AM
Contributor

Tulip7171 is a splendid one to beholdTulip7171 is a splendid one to beholdTulip7171 is a splendid one to beholdTulip7171 is a splendid one to beholdTulip7171 is a splendid one to beholdTulip7171 is a splendid one to beholdTulip7171 is a splendid one to behold
Re: What are the most negligent and silly things you have done because of your ADHD?

Yep Yep Yep! So many things I can relate too!

Losing my phone while I'm talking on it, to me is the funniest thing ever, and I usually do it while I'm talking to my bestie who also has ADD.

It's a joke now in my house when I come back in because I forgot something. It happens every time I leave.

I forget just about every week when my regular knitting group night is. Though we have had to switch nights recently because of my class schedule.

I miss exits on the highway regularly even the ones I use all the time.

I forget what I'm talking about in the middle of sentences.

I pat myself down several times before I leave the house or lock my car to check for keys/phone/smokes.

I've locked myself out going outside to smoke.

I've just forgotten about three others I was thinking about when I started this post!

This is a great thread!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tulip7171 For This Useful Post:
Allegra113 (11-29-13), BodhiCat (09-12-13)
Old 09-15-13, 05:33 AM
ADDvanced Member

tnhybrid is on a distinguished road
Re: What are the most negligent and silly things you have done because of your ADHD?

Two days ago I left all my windows rolled down and we got three inches of rain. I'm still vacuuming it all out...
(Age: 42; female, married to a non-ADD... working on not-impulse shopping!
I'm a visual artist. Does the ADHD help? No idea...
The Following User Says Thank You to tnhybrid For This Useful Post:
BodhiCat (09-15-13)
Old 09-21-13, 11:54 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Cyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond repute

On the 2nd of every month, I suddenly realize, "Oh, crap, my rent was due yesterday!" So I always just add the extra $15 late fee onto the check and turn it in on the 2nd.

This month, on the 12th, I came home and found a nasty letter taped to my door threatening legal action because my rent wasn't paid. I could have swore I paid it, but sure enough, I check my purse, and there's a check for my rent and one-day late fee. Sigh... I should I known it was weird that I still had some money left this close to payday, but I thought it was because things were getting better...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyllya For This Useful Post:
BodhiCat (10-02-13), someothertime (10-02-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-13, 12:00 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,296 Times in 6,021 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Break n lose cell phones, the newest latest greatest fiasco yet is lost motocycle title I was suppose to register todayI am just crushed n completey deflated
Old 09-28-13, 12:12 PM

spacewoman is on a distinguished road

I had a considerable amount of money stolen from me when I was cashiering fort a local restaurant's 50's night. I just was so distracted by all the excitement, I left the till open and exposed. I was maybe 14.

When I was 16, I stabbed myself on the leg with hair shears ... I was just playing around with them and then they were an inch into my leg. I still have the scar.

I lost $400 cash in 20 minutes while camping with friends. I still have no idea what happened.

I sliced the tip of my finger off using a mandolin without the finger guard (even after my sister warned me of this exact thing).

I've ruined several pans and countless meals from burning. I also burn my hands/ fingers often while cooking.

I've misplaced favorite articles of clothing while out and about, never to see them again.

These are the things I can recall right now. It helps to know I am not alone!
The Following User Says Thank You to spacewoman For This Useful Post:
MX2012 (10-05-13)
Old 09-28-13, 12:51 PM
Committee Member

LauraRomans will become famous soon enough

My husband (the non ADHD) couldn't find the words to describe my worst. He decided on this:

1) talking about a grocery list during an intimate conversation
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LauraRomans For This Useful Post:
MX2012 (10-05-13), Stevuke79 (09-28-13)
Old 09-28-13, 02:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,118 Times in 2,796 Posts
Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRomans View Post
My husband (the non ADHD) couldn't find the words to describe my worst. He decided on this:

1) talking about a grocery list during an intimate conversation
Under similar circumstances, I randomly brought up my mother in law... And ruined any chance I might have had..

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stevuke79 For This Useful Post:
BodhiCat (10-02-13), MX2012 (10-05-13)
Old 10-01-13, 07:53 PM
Contributor

MADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant future

Where does one begin? I could do a daily posting, like a journal ... Let's see. Ah, yes, primary school. I came home one day after school, on the bus. Aged about 8 years old. Happily relaxing in the den, watching The Brady Bunch on telly, and my mother bursts in "HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN YOUR LUNCHBOX AT SCHOOL AGAIN ?????"

I think that was the time she made me walk all the way back to school, on my own, to search the playground for my Tupperware lunchbox (which of course I couldn't find). Then, in the deepening twilight, walk home alone, crying and afraid of the thrashing I was going to get.

If only I could have learned the lesson. Sigh. But at least now I have forgiven my mother, because I understand the genetic factor in this ADD brain strain. My mother is even more ADD than I am.

ADHD explained. UNC Burnett Lectures
Dr Russell Barkley - 2012
http://learningcenter.unc.edu/ldadhd...ssell-barkley/

Dr Patricia Quinn - 2011 - ADD in girls and women.
http://learningcenter.unc.edu/ldadhd...atricia-quinn/

MADD as a Hatter. Bull in a china shop. The angel who rushed in where fools feared to tread. That just about says it all.
Old 10-02-13, 04:58 PM
Contributor

BodhiCat will become famous soon enough

Crap! I totally spaced out and missed my hour of mandatory lab practice for school this morning! If they don't have an open space for me to make it up next week I fail out. Bad thing is the profs that run the open lab are out until Monday morning. Going to be a long weekend of worrying. Crap!!!

(thanks, I needed to vent that)
Old 10-03-13, 04:15 AM
Contributor

MADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant future

Hi BodhiCat, No point worrying about it if there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I'd respectfully suggest (a) plan carefully for Tuesday morning so you can hit the ground running and get the result you want; and (b) do a bit of NLP on yourself - 'act as though' - live the weekend as if you have already got a new date for your lab, as though you have passed your course etc. I always find I do a much better job of selling myself (eg to professory types) if my brain believes I've got the plan sorted!

Also, apropos your signature ... ADD is not our fault, I agree, but the responsibility for managing our lives well is. Best of luck, let us all know how you get on next week. 8-)

MADD as a Hatter. Bull in a china shop. The angel who rushed in where fools feared to tread. That just about says it all.
The Following User Says Thank You to MADD As A Hatte For This Useful Post:
BodhiCat (10-04-13)
Old 10-03-13, 07:27 PM
Contributor

Righty ho then. This one's just happened. I'm at work, it's 9:30am. Been here for about an hour and a half. (I work in a village, at a marina.)

One of the locals has just walked in and handed me my car keys, which were in the driver's side door of my car, which I'd parked up the road a bit.

Der.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MADD As A Hatte For This Useful Post:
BodhiCat (10-04-13), MX2012 (10-05-13)
Old 10-04-13, 07:15 PM
ADDvanced Member

toxicity is a glorious beacon of lighttoxicity is a glorious beacon of lighttoxicity is a glorious beacon of lighttoxicity is a glorious beacon of lighttoxicity is a glorious beacon of light

Today, I did it twice : saying the wrong destination during the boarding announcement. When we were supposed to go to Brussels in Belgium, I said Nice in France. And when we were going to Nice after Brussels, I happily announced : Brussels... My coworkers in the cabin were facing a riot. I was so sure of myself that we were first going to Nice and then to Brussels... Apparently no...
Of course, I had a lecture from the senior about : paying attention to my roster...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toxicity For This Useful Post:
BodhiCat (10-04-13), MX2012 (10-05-13), stef (10-05-13), Stevuke79 (10-04-13)
Old 10-04-13, 08:39 PM
Contributor

BodhiCat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADD As A Hatte View Post
Hi BodhiCat, No point worrying about it if there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I'd respectfully suggest (a) plan carefully for Tuesday morning so you can hit the ground running and get the result you want; and (b) do a bit of NLP on yourself - 'act as though' - live the weekend as if you have already got a new date for your lab, as though you have passed your course etc. I always find I do a much better job of selling myself (eg to professory types) if my brain believes I've got the plan sorted!

Also, apropos your signature ... ADD is not our fault, I agree, but the responsibility for managing our lives well is. Best of luck, let us all know how you get on next week. 8-)
Surprisingly this post was my only panic over it! The prof. was nice enough to send me an email from her cell phone and tell me I could come in first thing Wednesday morning. **phew** Thanks!!
Old 10-05-13, 06:57 AM
ADDvanced Member

Modafinilguy is a glorious beacon of lightModafinilguy is a glorious beacon of lightModafinilguy is a glorious beacon of lightModafinilguy is a glorious beacon of lightModafinilguy is a glorious beacon of lightModafinilguy is a glorious beacon of light

Oh something that came to mind.

On a few occasions I have been on the phone to someone, for important reasons.

Anyway, there have been various occasions, and I can't remember why (perhaps they had to go get something etc?) and I have FORGOTTEN I am on a phone call, and got distracted walk off etc.

More than I would like I have missed my stop on the bus or train because I wasn't paying attention (I hate this!)

I have overflowed the sink various times, because I start filling it for the dishes, too impatient to wait around while it fills, and then forget I had the tap running. Flooded out the kitchen!

I also have a bad habit of getting what day it is mixed up, just yesterday I was supposed to meet two good friends, but I thought it was a different day and missed our meeting!

It is very common for me to forget stuff I need when I am going out, sometimes gets me very frustrated!

Some of my friends actually think I am funny, and make frequent jokes about how inattentive I am!

Sometimes people say something to me, but I don't really pay attention, several hours later- usually when they are gone- I suddenly realize what they said!
The Following User Says Thank You to Modafinilguy For This Useful Post:
MX2012 (10-05-13)
Old 10-05-13, 10:36 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Cyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One of the locals has just walked in and handed me my car keys, which were in the driver's side door of my car, which I'd parked up the road a bit.
I left mine in the front door of my apartment.