ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 06-23-18, 02:52 PM

someonelikeyou5 is on a distinguished road
dealing with all these ridiculous side effects

ive recently been put on 30 mg Vyvanse. after a month or so i spoke to my doctor about going up to 40 mg due to afternoon crashes and just plain disappointed with the 30 mg. so now i am on 40 mg, i take everyday around 9 am. its been about another month now so a total of maybe 3 months of vyvanse. i really need help trying to figure out how to deal with NEVER EATING.... LITERALLY NEVER. its at the point where i get upset with myself becuase i always have a horrible stomach ache due to not eating. then, i get super frustrated when people around me say " just force yourself" because i cant even do that. food enetrs my mouth , i have to spit it right back out.

I also NEVER SLEEEEEEEEP. i can feel my medication wearing off around 9-10 pm typically. every night i just lay in bed looking around the room because i just cant close my eyes. i know why this happens, im just wondering what anyone does to cope i guess. its amazing what not eating or sleeping can do to a human brain. im so miserable every morning my fiance never speaks to me until i take my pill, its a terrible feeling but we deal with it like im sure many others.
Old 06-23-18, 03:31 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: dealing with all these ridiculous side effects

Have you considered simply discontinuing the med?
Old 06-23-18, 04:05 PM

Thanked 33,621 Times in 15,208 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

i advise you to contact your prescribing physician and tell him/her all of this. maybe vyvanse at that dosage isn't right for you.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-18, 04:53 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,648 Times in 14,609 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

You need to call your doctor asap. If you cant force yourself to eat or sleep you are on the wrong medication.

I carried a watermelon?