ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Bipolar
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-16, 03:33 PM
ADDvanced Member

jkimbo will become famous soon enough
Re: Anyone here with ADHD and bipolar?

Diagnosed Bipolar back in 1987, never officially diagnosed ADHD but we have been discussing ADD and my pdoc is treating me for both. I've only been manic once in my life and that was in 87. My current pdoc feels BP2 is prolly a better fit however he said I do get manic a different way, total agitation and irritability, prong to get in arguments or even fights, I can get unrealistic too, so my BP diagnosis has not changed.

For the longest time I could not find a pdoc even willing to discuss ADD until recently. They all believed that BP produces similar symptoms and its really my BP to blame. I never believed that.
Sponsored Links