ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Depression
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-17, 12:25 AM
Contributor

Lloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of light
**** I think I'm on another verge of another mental/emotional breakdown.

I feel completely numb right now and like a zombie, I feel like that I just had a lobotomy. I need to snap out of this, I just got back out of this hole for a few years and turned my life around. I don't want my problems to bring my family/loved ones down with me, I feel like this void is swallowing me whole right now. Maybe I should of went on SSDI when I had the chance.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lloyd_ For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-21-17), Little Missy (02-21-17), namazu (02-21-17), Pilgrim (02-27-17)
Old 02-21-17, 05:14 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,560 Times in 13,428 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: **** I think I'm on another verge of another mental/emotional breakdown.

Lloyd do you have a psyche you see for ADHD?

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-21-17)
Old 02-21-17, 06:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 28,053 Times in 12,979 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you getting any professional. Hrlp? Any treatment?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-21-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-17, 10:45 PM
Contributor

Lloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Are you getting any professional. Hrlp? Any treatment?
No health insurance at the moment.
Old 02-26-17, 10:49 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Lloyd do you have a psyche you see for ADHD?
Right now I don't have health insurance so I'm paying out of pocket for basically a quick 15min session for him to write my adderall script and that's it and no I'm not going to take psych meds ever again, made me into a zombie and anyone suggesting I get back on them I'll give them an actual lobotomy and see how they enjoy cold surgical steel cutting through their cranium.
Old 02-27-17, 03:03 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,954 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Lloyd, my suggestion is that you get somebody really good who you talk to in person every week. Personally I don't care if they have any qualifications - if you have a friend you can count on to be kind to you and halfway intelligent, who would agree to go for coffee and a long talk with you every few days, I really believe that would help.

You can pay a therapist to do the same, and of course they're supposed to do a better job - but that's not always the case.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-27-17), Little Missy (02-27-17), Pilgrim (02-27-17), ToneTone (03-04-17)
Old 03-04-17, 02:34 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,501 Times in 12,008 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Lloyd, if you don't have anyone at all and don't want to add to your expenses with more meds, is there any free mental health help places where you are? I would google for you but not sure of your location

We on the forum are willing to listen to you and help any way you can but sometimes you need offline help as well
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
Old 03-08-17, 05:31 PM
Jr Member

SJB928 will become famous soon enough

You're not alone.

For years my pendulum swings between deep, dark depression to murderous anger. It's only ever the speed of the swing that changes. Sometimes it's weeks in the "quiet zone" but on average it's just a couple of hours, every day, every week, month, year.

The diagnosis last year just made it all worse. Sure the medication (dex) works but all it does is clarify my mind enough to see how bad things truly are and had been for decades.

Even as I type these words the depression that fills me is abating and being replaced by anger at my life and that no-body picked up this curse for over 40 years.

I'll say no more....my blood is boiling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SJB928 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-08-17)
Old 03-21-17, 11:26 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJB928 View Post
You're not alone.

For years my pendulum swings between deep, dark depression to murderous anger. It's only ever the speed of the swing that changes. Sometimes it's weeks in the "quiet zone" but on average it's just a couple of hours, every day, every week, month, year.

The diagnosis last year just made it all worse. Sure the medication (dex) works but all it does is clarify my mind enough to see how bad things truly are and had been for decades.

Even as I type these words the depression that fills me is abating and being replaced by anger at my life and that no-body picked up this curse for over 40 years.

I'll say no more....my blood is boiling.

I hear ya, I'd be more angry if I wasn't so exhausted mentally and emotionally, I just want to sleep and never wake up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lloyd_ For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-22-17)
Old 03-24-17, 10:53 PM
Jr Member

mryashimoto23 is on a distinguished road

Llyod,

I completely feel you. I am a school teacher and it was so brutal today. I had to literally cancel with my friends tonight because I had that zombie feeling too and threw myself into bed. I could not function. I take no meds, never have and yeah I have had emotional breakdowns too so bad I was brought to the E.R.

At least you can sleep better knowing that somebody out there is experiencing the same.
Take care
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mryashimoto23 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-25-17)
Old 04-01-17, 09:04 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,372 Times in 756 Posts
finallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant future

Lloyd,

When I didn't have insurance I was able to receive meds for free through Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Foundation. I think that all of the Big Pharma companies have similar programs.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.