ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-03, 10:02 PM

Hallie is on a distinguished road
Mom of a 15 yo ADHD son...

I'm already feeling very thankful that I found this message board.

At the moment I am a very stressed and frightened mom of a 15 yo ADHD, possibly ODD, possibly Bipolar son. He has, in recent months, stopped going to school, gotten very angry and has expressed violent tendencies (not so much at me, but you should see all the holes punched in my walls!), and talks to me in a very vulgar and disrespectful way. If I say no to him, he bullies and harasses me. If I go into my room and close the door, he will stand outside of the door and knock for 30 minutes at a time. If I am at work, he will ring my phone over and over and over again. I am a single parent and am at my breaking point.

I think in the very near future, he will be hospitalized and evaluated. I am also considering a group home, but that would be a very difficult decision to make. Again, I am so grateful to have found this board.