ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 11-29-17, 11:23 AM

ADD_Serpent is on a distinguished road
How to check strattera effectiveness?

I am ADHD inattentive (But no lost keys - mainly cannot stay on projects and then laziness or procrastination) and OCD. I am on strattera 80mg, fluvoxine 200mg and welburtin 150.
I am taking starttera for the past three months.
I am not sure weather this strattera working or not. fluvoxine seems saved me from OCD (was Only intrusive thoughts - I had no visible classic compulsions).
I can perform reasonably on work now. but cant say one yes or No! Sometimes i feel it is from the relief of OCD and welburtin.
Since strattera takes long time to act, how can I check? If I stopped starttera how many days it may take to feel the absence? if stopping is going to make situation verse, then I have to start again and it may take weeks for me back to track. That is my worry in stopping and testing.
what are your experiences in checking?
Thanks

"Everything comes in time for those who can wait!"

Francois Rabelais
ADHD deprives us, of that Power!
Old 08-16-18, 05:42 AM

decapitatedslug is on a distinguished road
Re: How to check strattera effectiveness?

I don't feel like it's working for me. I'm on 300 mg Wellbutrin and 60 mg Strattera. It has had a lot of side effects every time I went up in dose, and I'm still sweating profusely. I'm on week 8 now. It helped me focus for 3-4 hours a day to study, apply for jobs and do the dishes for 3 days last week. Otherwise I've only had side-effects. I don't even know if the positives are placebo effect.

Don't think you can stop and start again. I asked my husband and he said I haven't been any different really. Read that for some other people, the people around them had noticed they are more productive. On the studies it says that people who have tried Concerta before say Concerta is more effective.
Old 08-17-18, 03:07 AM

Fluppets is on a distinguished road
Re: How to check strattera effectiveness?

Strattera seems to work much more subtle for me, and the science suggests this aswell, it's much less about the direct motivation to do stuff (like MPH or adderall = dopamine), but more about long-term thinking.

You should push yourself (maybe with the help of therapy) to actively think about your future more. How to turn vague, big dreams into reality, and stay commited to long-term projects.
200 mg Sertraline
5 mg Abilify
80 mg Strattera
Sponsored Links