ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Visual Arts, Photography and Artwork
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Visual Arts, Photography and Artwork A place for ADD Forum members to showcase their creative photography and/or any 2-D and 3-D art in other mediums.

Old 10-07-17, 04:31 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,028 Times in 456 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of
I like to take pictures

Whenever we go on a trip, I have a camera in front of my face the whole time, snapping pictures. I like to take pictures of nature and wildlife. I have never taken a class or had all the fancy equipment some people have, so I'm no professional, it's just for fun. I thought I would start a thread where I can periodically post some of the pictures I've taken. I will try just one picture first, because I don't know if FB will let me. It looks like you can't right click on pictures and see the properties anymore.

Edit: Yay, it worked! The photo above is a mountain in Oregon, where I grew up. I can't remember which mountain it is, though, lol, there's a lot in that area. I took this picture out the passenger window while my mom was driving.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-07-17), Fraser_0762 (10-07-17), Little Missy (10-07-17), midnightstar (10-07-17), peripatetic (10-22-17)
Old 10-07-17, 11:56 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of
Re: I like to take pictures

Kah-Nee-Tah warm springs Indian Reservation in Oregon. I don't think pictures could do it justice even if I had a better camera.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-08-17), FlipperTheWhale (11-20-17), Fraser_0762 (10-22-17), kwalk (10-22-17), Little Missy (10-08-17)
Old 10-22-17, 02:56 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

kwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to all

Me too
“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwalk For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-22-17), WhiteOwl (10-23-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-17, 12:28 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk View Post
Me too
Cool! If you (or anyone else) has a camera/equipment recommendation, I would love to hear it! My camera broke awhile back and I want to get a new one, but don't know what I should get. I did like my Nikon (can't remember which model), but would like to step things up a notch and be able to improve on this hobby.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-24-17)
Old 10-24-17, 01:56 AM

Thanked 12,851 Times in 5,707 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
Cool! If you (or anyone else) has a camera/equipment recommendation, I would love to hear it! My camera broke awhile back and I want to get a new one, but don't know what I should get. I did like my Nikon (can't remember which model), but would like to step things up a notch and be able to improve on this hobby.
What do you like to take pictures of, and what is your budget?

Cheers,
Ian
Old 10-24-17, 01:59 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
What do you like to take pictures of, and what is your budget?

Cheers,
Ian
Well, I take pictures of everything, but my main passion is nature. Sometimes cool buildings or structures. I like to get close ups that show the detail of things like flowers, insects, etc.

I've seen some kits online in the $300-$500 range, with good reviews and great quality of pictures, saying they are great for entry level or beginners. I don't know what that means. Someone who has never used a camera before? I've used them plenty (though I've never used all the extra stuff), but I'm definitely not in the professional range. I think the last camera I had was around $300 dollars. I've also heard you should get a good base camera and then you can add stuff to it later. But I don't know what is considered a good base camera. I'm willing to spend more for quality. $500 would be good, but I would be willing to save and buy something higher quality. I really want something that I can grow and improve with, something that has the capability of taking the great and detailed pictures I want to take.

Sorry for that really long answer to your simple question. I'm one of those indecisive people who thinks too much into things.
aeon (10-24-17)
Old 10-24-17, 08:37 PM

Thanked 12,851 Times in 5,707 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
Sorry for that really long answer to your simple question. I'm one of those indecisive people who thinks too much into things.
Me too, and to be honest, you couldn’t type too long of an answer if I am the one reading it.

I don’t have the time right at the moment to type out my full answer...but I will leave you with this one tidbit...the camera is secondary, but great glass lives forever.

Cheers,
Ian
WhiteOwl (10-25-17)
Old 10-26-17, 08:00 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Some beach pics I've taken over the years. All are on the Oregon coast.

aeon (10-26-17)
Old 10-31-17, 04:32 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all

That Lizard picture is cool!

I like my Nikons, went through a bunch of point and shoot ones (Coolpix) and have graduated to entry level DSLR (Currently a 3200) Buying the previous generation to what is selling right now saved me all sorts of money.

I take pictures and write eBay descriptions for a living so my photography is limited to still shots and shots of cars. I need to get a bit more creative and play outside some more. I'm always seeing stuff that "Would make a great picture" but the camera is back at work.

Technique and composition are the main thing...a good photographer can take nice shots with a total piece of junk, but when you aren't paying attention to composition, a million dollar camera won't help. So I am told.....
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Bill For This Useful Post:
WhiteOwl (11-01-17)
Old 11-01-17, 11:27 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thank you! I have heard that a good photographer can get good pictures with a crappy camera. I have gotten some good pictures even with my cell phone camera. But I have still struggled with trying to get the right focus, detail, and color even with my more expensive camera. I could definitely use more practice. I do think it helps to have the patience to try different angles and techniques. I have gotten some decent pictures that way.
Old 11-01-17, 05:25 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-01-17), Little Missy (11-02-17), OyVeyKitty (11-04-17)
Old 11-02-17, 07:04 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all

Cool close ups...I have the same issue with focus on that sort of thing. Maybe Aeon has some hints for us? (The second bee pic is perfect!)
A little cropping would make the crawly one very, very nice...(get rid of the bench..)
WhiteOwl (11-03-17)
Old 11-03-17, 08:24 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bill View Post
Cool close ups...I have the same issue with focus on that sort of thing. Maybe Aeon has some hints for us? (The second bee pic is perfect!)
A little cropping would make the crawly one very, very nice...(get rid of the bench..)
It's funny because I was going back and forth on cropping that pic. But I copied it from my Facebook page and I think the original file is on my broken laptop that I still haven't gotten the pictures off of yet. But if I ever do, I will crop it, lol! Thanks for the advice!
Old 11-03-17, 09:05 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

I should a said depth of field, not focus....I never seem to have enough light to get an entire object (Toy car, train, etc.)in focus..Unless I use flash but the flash makes for a pretty harsh looking picture, even if I take measures to eliminate the glare.
WhiteOwl (11-11-17)
Old 11-11-17, 11:23 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

aeon (11-11-17)