ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Misc Treatments and Approaches
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-17, 03:14 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,912 Times in 7,988 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Riding a bike with no hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd View Post
At this time, I am interested in basic development of human implicit self-regulation. (Hypersensitive emotional temperament or not).

In your opening post you said;

Quote:
This thread is meant to promote discussion among members interested in non pharma treatment approaches.

(This discussion is not an anti-pharma thread, this thread is meant for members who cannot use or choose not to use pharma treatment approaches)
I am interested in a discussion of non pharma treatment as I cannot take meds. I am not anti pharma, I meet the set out criteria, but now you're saying the thread is about something else.

Why don't you want to have discussions with people who cannot take meds, aren't anti pharma, and who are interested on non pharma treatment approache(s) (plural?) You say people are welcome to discuss things when you invite us in? I did bring an article right on topic and you ignored it completely.

While gene's are not destiny in how your life turns out the genetic component of adhd has something like a 60% - 80% chance of getting adhd when you are born. So, no one's saying your destiny is failure but often your destiny is a diagnosis.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-08-17)
Old 01-08-17, 03:23 PM
Contributor

john2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to beholdjohn2100 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Riding a bike with no hands: Promoting development of self-regulation

Sorry to join in without having to add anything of any value, but Mildadhd , you can see
You are basically doing one on one with ginniebean because the issue is way to complex or not interesting for many. You really just need to go back truth your posts and pm all the users who are capable of understanding you and interested in the discussion.
This is regarding the yesterdays tread about you starting a new forum.

Hope it helps, sorry,no intention to hijack the tread, I'm out of here.
The Following User Says Thank You to john2100 For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (01-08-17)
Old 01-08-17, 07:50 PM

mildadhd has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
In your opening post you said;

I am interested in a discussion of non pharma treatment as I cannot take meds. I am not anti pharma, I meet the set out criteria, but now you're saying the thread is about something else.

Why don't you want to have discussions with people who cannot take meds, aren't anti pharma, and who are interested on non pharma treatment approache(s) (plural?) You say people are welcome to discuss things when you invite us in? I did bring an article right on topic and you ignored it completely.

While gene's are not destiny in how your life turns out the genetic component of adhd has something like a 60% - 80% chance of getting adhd when you are born. So, no one's saying your destiny is failure but often your destiny is a diagnosis.

Ginniebean, you wrote you were not interested in discussing the development of human implicit self-regulation?

Human self-regulation develops in interaction with the environment.

I am interested in the differences between development of coping mechanisms and development of human implicit self-regulation.

Last edited by mildadhd; 01-08-17 at 08:00 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mildadhd For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (01-08-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-17, 08:13 PM

Quote:
I I did bring an article right on topic and you ignored it completely.
I read the longer version of the articles you posted.

The article you presented was based on explicit development after the age of 4-adulthood

First, we are discussing implicit period of development before birth and the age of 4, which comes before the longer explicit period of development after the age of 4-adulhood.

We do not intentionally do ADHD on purpose, therefore ADHD must involve implicit.

Old 01-08-17, 08:16 PM

ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ginniebean, you wrote you were not interested in discussing the development of human implicit self-regulation?

Human self-regulation develops in interaction with the environment.

I am interested in the differences between development of coping mechanisms and development of human implicit self-regulation.

I don't know where in this thread I said that. That's twice now you've attributed to me something |I haven't said. However, I am not interested in the word salad that I can't make any sense out of that you find of such interest. up down, tertiary, implicit, and not much to help anyone understand what it is you might be saying, and as has been shown in this thread you don't respond to what people actually say, you'll mis-attribute, you'll misquote, but respond to what's been said that doesn't happen.

A conversation is like building blocks not just one person demanding the conversation go a specific way.

Your posted topic is interesting to me, had you posted you were interested in some non-adhd child stuff, as you continually go on about, I wouldn't bother posting.

I don't understand why you post a topic and then don't want to talk about your stated purpose.

I have responded to the difference between coping mechanisms, and development of self regulation, you chose to ignore it and are still doing so.

I'll try again, would you like to discuss anything in the article I posted that relates to choosing or not being able to take meds? Different coping mechanisms and how a person diagnosed with adhd (those are the people who take or don't take meds for adhd and clearly you must be referring to them as infants and people without adhd would not have this problem/dilemma) would go about developing self regulation?
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-11-17)
Old 01-08-17, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2100 View Post
Sorry to join in without having to add anything of any value, but Mildadhd , you can see
You are basically doing one on one with ginniebean because the issue is way to complex or not interesting for many. You really just need to go back truth your posts and pm all the users who are capable of understanding you and interested in the discussion.
This is regarding the yesterdays tread about you starting a new forum.

Hope it helps, sorry,no intention to hijack the tread, I'm out of here.

Old 01-08-17, 08:51 PM

Good article on adhd coping skills.

http://www.additudemag.com/adhd/article/9134.html
Lunacie (01-11-17)
Old 01-08-17, 09:17 PM

I found an interview about developing self regulation thru mindfulness. It also suggests executive skills can be improved however, I haven't seen any of the studies.

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/arti...ntrol_behavior
Lunacie (01-11-17)
Old 01-09-17, 10:10 PM

Ginniebean

Could you help me figure something out?

Could you explain why you started this discussion by calling me short sighted, in the first paragraph, of your first post?

I am sorry for calling you short sighted, in return.

ginniebean (01-11-17)
Old 01-10-17, 05:19 AM

i know you have in the past said you are interested in aquired adhd and I have thought you have been so predominantly so I wondered if you were also asking those without the aquired adhd but also those who were born this way. I did not call you short sighted. I thought it would be short sighted to exclude so many but sincerely had no idea if you had or not. .

Perhaps how I say things triggers you, there was no offense intended with what I said. Had someone said the same to me I would not take offence, I'd probably just consider what they say and see if I agree or diaagree with the assessment.

I am sorry you were hurt by what I said. i'm actually surprised you were. i know my style can be a little rough and tumble but I don't seek to be cruel.

Maybe I should stay away from your topics even the ones I find interesting. When I came back after a long absense I was determined to only do what I enjoy and one of those things is to sink my teeth into meaty posts or sometimes controversial ones. You tend to enjoy controversial stuff and I avoid it because it's clear you very much enjoy discovering new things related to your interest and I have no desire to be connie contradictor. i have my own passions ans interests as well.

i feel you see me as some sort of threat, and with hostility. You have made threads about me that hurt me a great deal. i don't want to deal with it anymore. i just want to post and have fun. i'm not here to steal your joy, I don't want to make you miserable. i am tired of being "the enemy". if I can't be myself in your posts, I will bow out.
Greyhound1 (01-10-17), Lunacie (01-11-17)
Old 01-10-17, 10:41 PM

Quote:
i know you have in the past said you are interested in aquired adhd and I have thought you have been so predominantly so I wondered if you were also asking those without the aquired adhd but also those who were born this way. I did not call you short sighted. I thought it would be short sighted to exclude so many but sincerely had no idea if you had or not. .

Perhaps how I say things triggers you, there was no offense intended with what I said. Had someone said the same to me I would not take offence, I'd probably just consider what they say and see if I agree or diaagree with the assessment.

I am sorry you were hurt by what I said. i'm actually surprised you were. i know my style can be a little rough and tumble but I don't seek to be cruel.

Maybe I should stay away from your topics even the ones I find interesting. When I came back after a long absense I was determined to only do what I enjoy and one of those things is to sink my teeth into meaty posts or sometimes controversial ones. You tend to enjoy controversial stuff and I avoid it because it's clear you very much enjoy discovering new things related to your interest and I have no desire to be connie contradictor. i have my own passions ans interests as well.

i feel you see me as some sort of threat, and with hostility. You have made threads about me that hurt me a great deal. i don't want to deal with it anymore. i just want to post and have fun. i'm not here to steal your joy, I don't want to make you miserable. i am tired of being "the enemy". if I can't be myself in your posts, I will bow out.

I was born with a more emotionally hypersensitive temperament.

Sometimes I can also be the least sensitive of others.

Let's try letting each other know, if we are hurt by the other?

ginniebean (01-10-17), Greyhound1 (01-10-17), namazu (01-11-17)
Old 01-11-17, 12:20 AM

Sounds good to me.
mildadhd (01-11-17), namazu (01-11-17)
Old 01-11-17, 12:03 PM

Thanked 23,929 Times in 11,074 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I read the longer version of the articles you posted.

The article you presented was based on explicit development after the age of 4-adulthood

First, we are discussing implicit period of development before birth and the age of 4, which comes before the longer explicit period of development after the age of 4-adulhood.

We do not intentionally do ADHD on purpose, therefore ADHD must involve implicit.

Discussion of the implicit period of development before birth and the age of 4?

That wasn't in either of your first two posts, which don't really seem to be
connected.

What, exactly, do you want to discuss?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me

Last edited by Lunacie; 01-11-17 at 12:20 PM..
Old 01-11-17, 12:46 PM

Thanked 10,068 Times in 3,169 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

mild,

Albeit, I'm now retired and no longer licensed or practicing, I spent 30 years as a Licensed Clinical / Child Psychologist, with an

evidenced based specialty practice in ADHD, which also included some adults.

There are no age restrictions on diagnosis. Hope that helps some.

tc

mctavish23

(Robert)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-11-17), mildadhd (01-11-17)
Old 01-11-17, 10:57 PM

How many humans are diagnosed with deficits of self-regulation (aka, AD(H)D) at age one?

How many humans are diagnosed with deficits of self-regulation (aka, AD(H)D) at age two?

How many humans are diagnosed with deficits of self-regulation (aka, AD(H)D) at age three?

How many humans are diagnosed with deficits of self-regulation (aka, AD(H)D) at age four?

How many humans are diagnosed with deficits of self-regulation (aka, AD(H)D) at age five?

How many humans are diagnosed with deficits of self-regulation (aka, AD(H)D) at age six?

How many humans are diagnosed with deficits of self-regulation (aka, AD(H)D) at age seven?

How many humans are diagnosed with deficits of self-regulation (aka, AD(H)D) at age eight?

How many humans are diagnosed with deficits of self-regulation (aka, AD(H)D) at age nine?

How many humans are diagnosed with deficits of self-regulation (aka, AD(H)D) at age ten?