ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site News, Information & Events
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-11, 02:40 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,085 Times in 12,173 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chips (Moderator)

I'd been wondering if any of our members were affected by the flooding in Australia - but didn't realize there was also lightning and cyclones going on. What a mess! Thanks for letting us know what's happening, and that Chips is okay, considering the trauma of being struck by lightning. Good thoughts for her and all her neighbors, and for you as well.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
danelady (01-10-11), tinywiney (01-10-11)
Old 01-10-11, 07:39 PM

Thanked 10,946 Times in 5,878 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the pics of queensland it looks like a rice paddy.Them poor people I pray they get some solace an relief from the rains and monsoons there.I've seen the results of Flood floyd back in 99,Bound Brook Nj looked like bosnia,water gets into stuff you dont think it could get into.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
tinywiney (01-11-11)
Old 01-10-11, 11:25 PM
can't remember diddly

Thanked 6,055 Times in 3,094 Posts
EYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for letting us know, I had no idea.

I'm relieved to know she's got some dry ground, tended to arm and internet.

Give her our best, we're thinking of her.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EYEFORGOT For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (01-10-11), tinywiney (01-11-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-11, 12:50 AM

Thanked 21,936 Times in 7,993 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for all the updates Selena! WOW, biblical floods and then struck by lightening!!!! So glad she's ok!
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
tinywiney (01-11-11)
Old 01-11-11, 07:07 AM

Thanked 1,252 Times in 732 Posts
chips is a glorious beacon of lightchips is a glorious beacon of lightchips is a glorious beacon of lightchips is a glorious beacon of lightchips is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone and thanks for you concerns. Things are still pretty grim here in Queensland with the flooding but at least we are ok and high enough to not get flooded like so many people it is affecting. We are cut off with flood waters but at least we are safe.

I am still sore and after the lightning a few hours later we finally went outside to check on the roof and I slipped and fell down the stairs. I really should have just stayed in bed all day that day. So I am covered in bumps and bruises.

My partner thank goodness is a computer part hoarder and genius at fixing things so we have access to the net. We lost quite a few electrical items and computer stuff but not to worry it could have been a lot worse. I must say I was so freaked out getting shocked from the strike. Something I certainly won't forget in a hurry and now my fear of lightning has jumped up by 100 fold!

My worries and thoughts are with crazygirl and so many others for the coming days as the flooding is expected to get much worse. She had to be evacuated today as the river has burst its banks. It really is a concern if she will end up homeless from this. I really hope not.

Anyway I will try to keep you posted over the coming days how things are going out here in a very soggy and wet Queensland.
APSJ (01-15-11), danelady (01-11-11), meadd823 (01-15-11), meridian (01-13-11), peripatetic (01-15-11), sarek (01-11-11), tinywiney (01-11-11), tudorose (01-11-11)
Old 01-11-11, 07:50 AM

Thanked 5,099 Times in 2,222 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope Crazygirl is ok.

As we speak 75% of Queensland is flooded and the central business district (Brisbane) was evacuated today. 9000 houses are expected to go under (by Thursday if things go as predicted) and a lot of that is in the suburbs. On the news we're seeing pictures of cars floating away in what looks like an inland tsunami. It looks really bad.

The dam that's been saving the city is expected to get more water coming in so they need to let the water out in bursts which is what's going to see the city and surrounding suburbs go under. They expect it to be even worse in 2 days time when all the water flows down from the north.

The people of Queensland are in serious trouble

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1225985436806

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...9450055?page=1
danelady (01-11-11), meridian (01-13-11), tinywiney (01-11-11)
Old 01-11-11, 08:29 AM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,271 Times in 8,601 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute

Its so great to see you back safe and sound Chips. When I read that about lightning I could barely believe my eyes. That must have been a horrifying experience.

And yes, now its keeping our fingers crossed for Crazygirl. Lets hope this situation will not stay as bad for very long. It makes all the Dutch troubles with floodwater this year seem trivial by comparison.
Old 01-11-11, 12:27 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Good thoughts and stay-safe energies sent for CrazyGirl and for Chips too. It's scary bad over there and nearly unimaginable to me. Tornados I understand, floods not so much. Lightning strikes are very often deadly so I'm amazed that you're alive and basically okay. My mom and my brother got hit by lightning once - it hit our tv antenna, came through the wiring in the house and into the sink where mom was washing dishes, grounding in my brother who was standing behind her holding onto her. Coulda been much worse, but pretty scary.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-11, 02:49 PM

Thanked 3,710 Times in 1,801 Posts
tinywiney has much to be proud oftinywiney has much to be proud oftinywiney has much to be proud oftinywiney has much to be proud oftinywiney has much to be proud oftinywiney has much to be proud oftinywiney has much to be proud oftinywiney has much to be proud oftinywiney has much to be proud of

Thanks for updating us Chips! ((((hugs)))) I hope Crazygirl is OK and that you continue to stay dry. Keep us updated if you can.
The Following User Says Thank You to tinywiney For This Useful Post:
meridian (01-13-11)
Old 01-11-11, 02:56 PM

Thanked 6,535 Times in 2,663 Posts
danelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my gosh,hoping Crazygirl gets through this. Glad to hear you're doing better Chips! Um,slow it down for a day or two,ya hear?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danelady For This Useful Post:
meridian (01-13-11), tinywiney (01-11-11)
Old 01-15-11, 03:11 AM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,112 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone.

I'm finally at home and I'm pleased to say that my place wasn't affected by the floods despite it being in a high risk suburb.

I still have to sort stuff out regarding my pending move back to Sydney in June to study Photography (I don't think I'll get this dog training traineeship due to the floodings etc)

I have been keeping in touch with Chips and other people through Facebook and things are fine for the most part.

Thank you all for your support and you can only imagine how relieved I really am.

Selena
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crazygirl79 For This Useful Post:
crazycat1990 (01-17-11), meridian (01-15-11), tinywiney (01-17-11)
Old 01-15-11, 03:24 AM

Thanked 5,099 Times in 2,222 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so glad to hear you're ok. What they've been showing us on the news looks terrifying and sad. I'm glad you don't have a big clean up to go back to.
tinywiney (01-17-11)
Old 01-15-11, 11:50 AM

WooHoo! Glad to hear that you are safe and all your stuff is safe as well. That's great news. Sorry the rest of the country isn't doing so well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
tinywiney (01-17-11)
Old 01-15-11, 05:43 PM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,415 Times in 6,122 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

I wondered about our member from down under when I saw the flood pics on the internet - I am glad to hear both of you are okay - take care of your selves

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
tinywiney (01-17-11)
Old 01-15-11, 06:30 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,112 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

Nobody could possibly imagine how relieved I really am but certainly nobody can also imagine the sorrow I feel for my fellow Queenslanders who have lost homes, property, pets and in some cases lives.

People are still missing feared dead in the Toowoomba/Helidon area (Lockyer Valley) homes have been totally destroyed in Ipswich (west of Brisbane) and some areas of Brisbane and the clean up will take a very long time in in the affected areas not to mention the emotional trauma these people are suffering right now even as I write this..

I ask you all to keep your thoughts and pray not for me but for those who were directly and deeply affected by these floods, there are groups on Facebook for people to join if they wish and people can contact these groups if they wish to help in someway.

Selena

Last edited by Crazygirl79; 01-15-11 at 06:40 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazygirl79 For This Useful Post:
meridian (01-20-11), tinywiney (01-17-11)