ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-18, 09:39 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,251 Times in 7,593 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's happened to me? (thinking out loud)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nut View Post
Have there been any major/key/critical changes in your life during this period that could explain this? All I Got. Anywhoo, glad ur here, Psych. -LN
Oh sure, several major events. Obtaining and losing 2 amazing jobs, my mom's passing, my dad moving...and even just recently I went through a very rough couple of weeks (wasn't very vocal here about it) still grieving my mom.

And now I'm working on change in a positive way by working 1on1 with a therapist to try and do some CBT with her so that I can change the negative ways I think in order for me to maintain employment. I can get good jobs...but man I'm so hard on myself and I've got such vicious self dialogues going on in my head, that it's rough!

(((LN)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-28-18), Lunacie (05-23-18)
Old 05-23-18, 10:01 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,214 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute

In the time after my mom died, I hit the greatest despair I had ever felt ... depressed a little but in utter despair.

It's OK to take time to grieve ... and sometimes I'm most silly when I'm avoiding my own issues ...

Silly/happy people aren't always silly/happy ...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ToneTone For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-28-18), Greyhound1 (05-23-18), Lunacie (05-23-18), psychopathetic (05-23-18)
Old 05-23-18, 12:37 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Something else I thought of... remember way way back when you told me I was intimidating and I think we had an argument about a dog or something? Look at us now! Look at me now! Even since then sobriety has helped me and you and I are a lot closer. How the F did that happen? Well, we were both just ready.. time takes time.
/is still scared of the Sweets.
She could totally beat me up!

I think we needed to butt heads and be honest with each other like that in order to trust each other.
Just one of those odd things! lol

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-18, 02:01 PM
Contributor

WheresMyMind is a splendid one to beholdWheresMyMind is a splendid one to beholdWheresMyMind is a splendid one to beholdWheresMyMind is a splendid one to beholdWheresMyMind is a splendid one to beholdWheresMyMind is a splendid one to beholdWheresMyMind is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I've changed on these forums. A lot.

I use to be a lot sillier. Now I just seem hyper and annoying. I'm too much too often.

I use to be genuinely funny. Again, now I'm just hyper and annoying most the time.

I was a lot more selfless and loving. Now I've become increasingly self centered.

I use to be cheerful and full of joy and hope...I'm becoming more and more gloom as time goes on.

I use to have more respect. Now certain members straight up ignore me...and I'm halfway convinced I chase some people away from the forums.

What happened to me guys? I miss the old me that use to be here .

Any of you relate to these kinds of feelings?

Predictable results from focusing too often on yourself, which usually means focusing on your flaws.

I hate that it's true. It means if I want to be happy, I have to stop attempting to improve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WheresMyMind For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-28-18), tudorose (05-28-18)
Old 05-28-18, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresMyMind View Post
Predictable results from focusing too often on yourself, which usually means focusing on your flaws.

I hate that it's true. It means if I want to be happy, I have to stop attempting to improve.
Wow...you are spot on.
I DO spend too much time in my head. I've really been realizing that lately. It's not healthy to spend too much time up there...sometimes I really need to get out of my own head. Stop focusing on myself all the time. It's just no good!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 05-28-18, 07:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,286 Times in 13,956 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I could TOTALLY stop thanking posts! TOTALLY MAN! TOTALLY! I don't have any issue! Easy I say!
PFFFFFT! Addicted? Don't be silly! I could easily quit thanking anytime I wanted!
EASY!

I really should stop posting like 100% of the posts I read. I think it takes away from the point of having a thank button.
But you are right...I thank almost all posts I read. Whether I'm "truly" thankful or not.
It's become habit at this point. And I do it for all sorts of reasons...
Most the time it's genuinely because yeah...I am thankful for the post.
But sometimes I thank posts just to thank them. Or to keep place in a thread.
Or sometimes I do it to try and be polite. Or to show people I like them.
Or maybe I've thanked a bunch of people in a thread...and then someone else posts in that thread, and perhaps it's not a post I'm truly thankful for or something...but then I need to thank it because I don't want them to feel left out! lol Like "Omg, Psychopathetic has thanked everyone else in this thread...but he didn't thank MY post? /sadface).
And sometimes I do it to try and be encouraging to others. To be like "hey there! I appreciate you! ".

I think I'll start re-evaluating how often I leave thanks. But I will say that the vast majority of my thanks are genuine.

(((Hugs)))

I can't remember you personally ever insulting me? I can be rather dense and slow though, so you may very well have and it went right over my head.
Or maybe I'm just being insensitive and am not remembering. If so I do apologize .
Keep thanking. I don't think any damage is caused by thanking posts. I don't think it just represents gratitude. I thank everyone (when I remember)who posts in my thread mostly out of appreciation that they've taken the time out to reply to something I wrote..if I agree with them or not and then I thank posts to show I've read them when I've got nothing to say in response and haha I totally get that thing about thanking a post so they don't feel left out..I do that as well..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
PoppnNSailinMan (05-29-18), psychopathetic (05-28-18)
Old 05-28-18, 10:04 PM

(((((((Fuzz-Fuzz)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-30-18)