ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-18, 08:53 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,353 Times in 782 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of
Re: Your ADD moment for today

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFreak View Post
---SNIPPAGE---

I will admit I have found my coffee cup in the refrigerator where the gallon of milk usually sits, guess where the gallon of milk was? Yup, exactly where I always set my coffee cup on the counter lol. ---SNIPPAGE---
LOL....TBH I would consider finding both like that a 2fer and consider it a success to smile about. -LN
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
AdultADHD (06-30-18), DieselFreak (06-12-18)
Old 06-12-18, 01:23 PM

PoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFreak View Post
Came inside to get something for breakfast, I had bought a couple boxes of instant oatmeal which were still on the counter in the grocery bag. Looked in the bag and realized that I hadn't put the 2 boxes of hot pockets that I had also bought or the box of frozed burrito's in the freezer. They had sat out since yesterday so threw them in the trash.
A week or two ago, I came home from the grocery store and put everything away. Then, at dinner time I went to the refrigerator to get some sour cream but couldn't find it even though I was sure that I'd bought some when I went grocery shopping. I finally found it in the cupboard, but it had spoiled by then.

And as for leaving groceries in the grocery bags, I often used to come home from the grocery story and set the grocery bags down and take out the cold things that needed to go into the refrigerator. But the rest of the groceries often never got put away and just continued to sit in grocery bags in the middle of the kitchen floor. I've gotten a lot better about that and usually do put all the groceries away now.
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)
The Following User Says Thank You to PoppnNSailinMan For This Useful Post:
DieselFreak (06-12-18)
Old 06-12-18, 03:29 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

I use child labor to get my groceries put away. He's a bum who doesn't pay rent anyway. I do have to answer strange questions. "What is this and where does it go?" "That is a jalepeno please put it in the fridge." Have to watch him though or he'll put the milk on the counter. Or ask me what ice cream is and where it goes. This is what happens when we are so out of loop with the food chain, I tell you! Boy doesn't even know what ice cream is!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LyrinMeow For This Useful Post:
DieselFreak (06-12-18), PoppnNSailinMan (06-12-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-18, 12:38 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,022 Times in 13,125 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

yesterday: no filter! I said to one of the partners at work, that I hadn't realized how short he was, and that "he looked like he should be tall".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (06-15-18), Little Missy (06-15-18)
Old 06-15-18, 10:24 PM

DieselFreak is on a distinguished road

I bought a couple more boxes of hot pockets from the store. Didn't leave them in the bag on the counter this time, left them in my hot truck. Luckily I "discovered" them within several hours this time and they were just thawed out and not spoiled, so fortunately I don't think I'll have to throw them out this time
The Following User Says Thank You to DieselFreak For This Useful Post:
stef (06-16-18)
Old 06-17-18, 01:25 AM

stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't name one specifically, but yesterday we had an afternoon concert; my tenor sax friend was coming to pick me up at 1:50; I went out way too late toget a few groceries and RUSHED back to watch France- Australia, that started at noon.

so basically i am trying to get ready for this concert (meaning find black pants, pack up a bag with the music and reading glasses but not stuff i always have with me) while making lunch and wandering around the apartment, yelling at the TV!
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-17-18)
Old 06-17-18, 10:29 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,353 Times in 782 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I couldn't name one specifically, but yesterday we had an afternoon concert; my tenor sax friend was coming to pick me up at 1:50; I went out way too late toget a few groceries and RUSHED back to watch France- Australia, that started at noon.

so basically i am trying to get ready for this concert (meaning find black pants, pack up a bag with the music and reading glasses but not stuff i always have with me) while making lunch and wandering around the apartment, yelling at the TV!
I think yelling at the TV only counts if it is a replay and not live.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-17-18), stef (06-17-18)
Old 06-20-18, 04:15 PM
ADDvanced Member

musicman64 will become famous soon enough

Stef, been there so many times. I actually arrived at a rehearsal for a major show once without drum sticks. I'm a drummer so needless to say I was very embarrassed. I have learned to keep my wallet and keys in a place near the door but instrument backing can be very bad when I loose focus.
The Following User Says Thank You to musicman64 For This Useful Post:
stef (06-20-18)
Old 06-29-18, 07:00 PM

Basking in my success of having picked up my meds tonight after work before the pharmacy closed, I went down to the wrong train platform, and by the time I went back up the escalator and around to the right direction, i just missed the train.
Old 06-29-18, 08:35 PM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

I've still got a large bag of animal feed that I haven't taken out of the car. Not because I forgot, but it's heavy and I don't want to deal with it. I figure I can just leave it there a while and take it out in increments until it's not too heavy to lift. Wish I were stronger, but that's not going to happen! I also forget to take in my favorite cup, then procrastinate later when I remember where I left it...I can use another cup in the meantime!
Old 07-29-18, 02:51 PM
ADDvanced Member

Ronelh has disabled reputation

Classic ADD moment this evening. I browned some hamburger in an iron skillet, and mixed it with taco seasoning. I was pretty excited about the meal because I can't get either taco seasoning or cheese where I live, so I don't often have tacos. And I did have a wonderful meal! But afterwards, as I was cleaning up around the kitchen, I began to wonder where the burning smell was coming from. Finally located it: I had left the iron skillet on the stove with the burner on! Whoops! I caught it before there was any noticeable smoke, but the remains of the meat in the bottom of the skillet were totally cremated. Closest I've come yet to having a kitchen fire due to my inattention.
PoppnNSailinMan (07-30-18)
Old 07-30-18, 06:03 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,238 Times in 14,917 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Left frozen vegetables in the car overnight.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
PoppnNSailinMan (07-30-18)
Old 07-30-18, 02:15 PM

PoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud of

I had an ADHD moment last night. I was planning on eating some leftovers for dinner last night. So I put the leftovers on a plate and put them in the microwave and set the timer for a couple of minutes. I then went back to something I was doing on the Internet while the food was heating.

Then, more than three hours later, I went to bed and was lying there in the dark when I suddenly felt a little hungry and realized that I couldn't remember having eaten my dinner. So, I got up and rushed into the kitchen and opened the microwave, and there was my dinner still sitting in there, cold of course, and probably no longer edible. I put saran wrap on it and stuck it in the refrigerator, but I'm not sure if it's safe to eat it after sitting out for more than three hours.

And this is the second time in a week that I've forgotten to eat dinner because I've become so hyperfocused on something I was doing on the Internet.
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)
The Following User Says Thank You to PoppnNSailinMan For This Useful Post:
Ronelh (07-30-18)
Old 07-31-18, 02:33 PM
Jr Member

hipsterdoofus is on a distinguished road

I bought a mango and left it in my backseat but forgot about it until yesterday...after three weeks. I'd been wondering why my car stank.
Old 08-03-18, 08:25 AM

SlamHamer89 is on a distinguished road

Walking to the closet to get my work shirt, walk past the closet and then going back to my room to get dressed for work but... ALAS where is my work shirt!? almost EVERY MORNING!