ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-18, 03:38 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,904 Times in 12,083 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You Know You Have ADHD When ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bill View Post
When you completely lose an $8 package of Turkey.Really! Someone somewhere is enjoying it I hope..
Sometimes the bagger at the store didn't get in my bags, or didn't get all the
bags in my cart. Since for most of my adult life the store was at least 10 or
20 miles from home by the time I found something was missing it wasn't
worth going back for.

Once I lost something because it rolled under the car seat. When the weather
got warm I found it.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
stef (04-20-18)
Old 04-20-18, 11:26 PM
Contributor

eats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really nice

You go to Whole Foods because you need to pick up some cereal. You end up getting a few things other than cereal. Also, you decided to get lunch from the deli, because you forgot to pack a lunch that morning.

The next day, you forget to pack a lunch again. So back to Whole Foods. (But this time I remembered the cereal!).

You say I'm weird? Well, I grew up next to a power
plant, what's your excuse?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eats_mice For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-21-18), psychopathetic (04-21-18), stef (04-21-18)
Old 04-21-18, 11:12 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eats_mice View Post
You go to Whole Foods because you need to pick up some cereal. You end up getting a few things other than cereal. Also, you decided to get lunch from the deli, because you forgot to pack a lunch that morning.

The next day, you forget to pack a lunch again. So back to Whole Foods. (But this time I remembered the cereal!).
Yay for the cereal.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-18, 02:08 PM
Contributor

eats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Yay for the cereal.
It's the only place I can find sugar and TBHQ-free cereal

You say I'm weird? Well, I grew up next to a power
plant, what's your excuse?
Old 05-09-18, 01:09 PM
ADDvanced Member

Ronelh has disabled reputation

You carefully shut the front window before going to bed, to keep thieves out. Then you head to bed - leaving the front door wide open.

Good thing I keep a 24-hour guard at my house (due to the high risk of thievery where I live). Otherwise I'd probably have had all my possessions stolen long ago.
stef (05-09-18)
Old 05-09-18, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronelh View Post
You carefully shut the front window before going to bed, to keep thieves out. Then you head to bed - leaving the front door wide open.

Good thing I keep a 24-hour guard at my house (due to the high risk of thievery where I live). Otherwise I'd probably have had all my possessions stolen long ago.
OMG, glad you didn't have everything stolen.

I'm so thankful I don't live in such a neighborhood. Can't remember how often
I've placed my billfold in the door-handle-well when I headed for the drive-thru
so I wouldn't have to unbuckle to get it out of my pocket . . . and then forgot
to put it in my pocket when I got home with my food. Knock wood but no one
has ever broken into my car.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Ronelh (05-10-18)
Old 05-10-18, 01:54 PM
ADDvanced Member

Ronelh has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
OMG, glad you didn't have everything stolen.

I'm so thankful I don't live in such a neighborhood. Can't remember how often
I've placed my billfold in the door-handle-well when I headed for the drive-thru
so I wouldn't have to unbuckle to get it out of my pocket . . . and then forgot
to put it in my pocket when I got home with my food. Knock wood but no one
has ever broken into my car.
Thankfully, my neighborhood isn't really a high crime-rate area or anything. It's just that there is a lot of poverty here, so people will steal stuff if they are given an opportunity. But there is very little violent crime.

I have had some scares with forgetting my purse ... once in the Mall of America, and once in a London airport. Thankfully I got it back undamaged both times. But since those incidents, when I go anywhere, I try to always put my purse where I can't walk away without tripping over it.
Lunacie (06-26-18)
Old 06-07-18, 02:36 PM

Sushuis is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Something very similar happened to me just now: came back from a walk with dogs, noticed the apartment door was wide open... Oops

Thankfully the neighbours are very nice and the neighbourhood peaceful, nothing's stolen as far as I know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sushuis For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-26-18), Ronelh (06-27-18)
Old 06-07-18, 04:37 PM

Thanked 27,022 Times in 13,125 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I have had some scares with forgetting my purse ... once in the Mall of America, and once in a London airport. Thankfully I got it back undamaged both times. But since those incidents, when I go anywhere, I try to always put my purse where I can't walk away without tripping over it.
I have a ton of stuff with me usually, finally i bought a very small purse that i wear over my shoulder and across, for just phone, wallet and keys. I leave it next to me when I sit down, I will get all tangled up in it if I get up without putting it back on my shoulder. the other stuff is in a tote bag ( umbrella, glasses, water etc etc.)
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-26-18)
Old 06-26-18, 07:37 PM

DieselFreak is on a distinguished road

When you go to bed and close your eyes and get nice and comfortable and remember it's trash night and need to bring out the trash. Get back in bed, remember you forgot to get the laundry out of the washing machine to dry. Got to wait for the dryer to get done so you have clean clothes for tomorrow. Ok that's done now.
Wake up in the morning and get a pot of coffee going, you stayed up a little late getting the cloths dried, so better make the coffee a little strong, add an extra half scoop to the filter and turn on the pot. Get cleaned up, the coffee should be ready now. What!? Oh, forgot to add water. Add the water, decide to make it a little stronger by keeping the glass pot out for a short bit to let the coffee grounds pre-steep.
Check the phone, check a few emails, better check a couple other notifications. Oops, accidently clicked on YouTube, "better watch this video real quick, only a couple minutes long".

".... Tssss shhhhhhhh ssssss-drip-drip" sound suddenly coming from the kitchen. Yup, forgot to put the coffee pot back in the coffee maker and there's a mess coffee and grounds running off the counter on to the floor. .

You know you have ADHD when this has happened to you (twice )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DieselFreak For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-26-18), namazu (06-26-18)
Old 06-26-18, 08:17 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

When you reach into your purse, pull out a pill bottle, put two in your hand, and are about to take them at 8PM until you realize that is NOT your risdperdal that is, in fact, your adderall and you almost had a really long night.
The Following User Says Thank You to LyrinMeow For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-26-18)
Old 06-30-18, 05:49 PM

Chadjt3 is on a distinguished road

... When you intend on reading a book so you bring it to your desk but instead of reading it you end up browsing the web for three hours straight

... When you write things on a whiteboard as simple as buy mouthwash, or pay your credit card early, and it comes down to a non planned moment to actually get it done

... When your thinking about something and start to think about something related, and then forget after thinking of the secondary thought what the first one was about

... When you get frustrated reading a sentence six times and still not knowing what the hell it said
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chadjt3 For This Useful Post:
AdultADHD (06-30-18), Lunacie (06-30-18), SashaBV (09-23-18)
Old 07-16-18, 03:07 AM

Abeljzook is on a distinguished road

Happened many times
The Following User Says Thank You to Abeljzook For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (09-23-18)
Old 09-23-18, 03:42 AM

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road

When you read only short posts and skip long ones in the forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to PI-ADHD 29 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (09-23-18)
Old 10-04-18, 09:14 PM

lisariver is a jewel in the roughlisariver is a jewel in the roughlisariver is a jewel in the rough

when you're looking for your phone while you're talking on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lisariver For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-04-18), stef (10-05-18)