ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-04, 10:36 AM

JT95 is on a distinguished road
Question The Midnight Disease...

Just curious how many others here suffer from the Midnight Disease? I can without sleep...be ttotally exhausted...but if I am not in bed early, after 10:00 I get WIRED mentally and thoughts start bouncing in my mind like a hornets' nest...
Old 11-01-04, 10:53 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,331 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
It's because human sleep cycles go on circadian rythms. If you miss a "sleep time" then your body kicks back into "awake time."
Old 11-05-04, 10:50 AM
ADDvanced Member

Ancient Music has disabled reputation
Circadian Rythms?.........

Arnt those rythms what cicadas uniformly drum their wings in time too..making stacks and stacks of noise in summer time just before and after sunset?
Sometimes right untill the early hours of the morning on a hot summers night.

Down by the river here, they just about drown out speech, they are so noisy and they most certainly keep me awake if they get into a full blown orchestral rythms with thousands of them going for it at full volume!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-04, 08:45 PM
ADDvanced Member

EchoHD is on a distinguished road
I seldom if ever go to sleep before 2 or 3. No matter how tired I am I just cant seem to sleep until that time. If I have been up 24 hrs or have had a very emotional day I can go to sleep earlier, but usually will wake up between 1 and 2. And my sleep is not restful until after 2. I do my "real sleeping" between 2a and 7a. However I have just started a new job (about job number 45 or so) and I have to be at work at 6am2 days a wk and 7:30 the others. I suppose I am just used to not sleeping. I do feel so much better if I get a solid 5 hrs sleep though.

....where am I going, and why am I in this basket?......
Old 11-06-04, 01:53 AM

rogerj1 has disabled reputation
My sleep cycle has improved a great deal thanks to meds. Strattera and Provigil in the morning and 25mg of Seroquel at night. I actually feel tired at 11.
Old 11-06-04, 08:19 AM

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
I call this my second wind and it drives me nuts !! I did just this last night, I was so tired around 8:00pm. I showered and got ready for bed, got side tracked by somethng on TV started crocheting before I knew it was 10:00pm and I wasn't tired any more so I....

I looked around for a mag. that had a pattern in it I remebered I wanted..

I looked around for a snack....

Got my pocketbook and cleaned it out...

Talked to the cats, talked to out pet Rats...

11:30am went up stairs intending to go to bed....

Checked in on my daughter, picked up a couple things on her floor...

Played some more with the cats...

Thought about giving myself a facial.....

Thought about waking up husband.... ( wink wink).....

Finally at about 12:30am laid my crazy head on my pillow and fell asleep, only to wake up again at 5:25am and here I am ......
Old 11-06-04, 03:54 PM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
And if by some miracle I do fall asleep you risk serious injury waking me up.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 11-06-04, 09:31 PM

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking_Futs
And if by some miracle I do fall asleep you risk serious injury waking me up.
Same here !!!
Old 11-09-04, 12:48 AM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
I know this isn't the place but Koda woke me up last night complaining of an upset stomach and I guess I told him "what do you think I got a phd or something?" well he repaid my rudeness he emptied the contents of his stomach on my bed. *shocked face* lol Next time I'll be a lot more doctor mom then mrs. hyde that's a promise I can keep lol.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 11-09-04, 01:04 AM

pembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nice
Most nights I just can't get myself to go to sleep, no matter how tired I am. Other nights I pass out in the easy chair and my husband sends me to bed (but then I'm awake,
so ....) I have gotten better. If I know I have to get up at 5 to be at work by 6, I can (usually) make myself get to bed at a reasonable hour. But if I get more than 6 1/2 - 7 hours of sleep at night, it's even worse than no sleep at all.
Baruch Spinoza

Old 11-11-04, 06:18 PM
Contributor

ADDfor2 has disabled reputation
I am such a light sleeper it's ridiculous and my sleep cycle is major touchy. I have to go to bed the same time every night or I'm awake all over again. I have two jobs and sometimes I work till 10:00 at night. I am so wired when I get home I have to go downstairs and watch TV until at least 1 or 2 in the morning until I finally dose off. Unfortunately I can not go to sleep without the TV. I've tried and if I can't watch TV at least for a half hour I lay awake for hours staring into the dark, it majorly stinks. My daughter, who also has ADD, seems to have trouble going to sleep too and drives us nutz sometimes. Once she's asleep though she's gone but a pain to get up in the morning. A pin dropping will wake me up and like Nucking Futz, someone is risking mortal injury if you disturb my sleep once I finally get to sleep. It takes everything in me not to be mean when my daughter wakes me up being sick or something. Anyway, sorry to go on and on. I do value my sleep when I get a decent night of it. Dee
Old 11-15-04, 04:36 AM

alkoz has disabled reputation
Hi,

Here's something that my son and I have in common. I work night shift, so our schedules are different, but we both have the same pattern. For him, no matter what time he gets to bed, he's usually up by 5:30 am. He says that when he wakes up, he doesn't want to go back to sleep. He wants to get up and do stuff.

I'm the same way. Since I'm on night shift, I'll get up for work on Thurs night, stay awake Friday if I'm watching the kids, and stay away for Friday evening to have family time. By the time 9pm rolls around and the kids are in bed, I'm up for 24 hours so I crash. I'll always wake up about 1am, and even though I'm tired, I'm not sleepy. I just feel like I'm supposed to be awake. I'll lay in bed trying to get back to sleep, but my brain get excited about stuff I could be doing instead of sleeping.

Al
Old 11-15-04, 04:22 PM

reusablepheonix is on a distinguished road
in reference to the OP, yes all the time..last night..bed at 3:30 am up all night debating Evolution with young earth creationists...wake up at 7:30 am..evry night I go to bed about 2 am..the more tired i am the more i feel compelled to do something constructive...yet i am never constructive cuz im too tired and cant focus..so i engage in meaningless non proactive mental stimulation
Old 11-15-04, 09:12 PM

Coral Rhedd is on a distinguished road
I hate this! There is a small window of opportunity for actually getting to sleep. If I get distracted and miss that getting-ready-for-bed routine that puts me in the bed at a certain time, then comes the higher wire feeling, the hyperfocus, the oh-hell-who-needs-sleep. I am bi-polar as well and it is like a little mini hypomanic spell. If I am not careful this can set off mood swings. The problem with meds to sleep is that most of them make me really groggy the next day.
Old 11-15-04, 09:24 PM

siangirl is on a distinguished road
Smile

Just call me second wind girl