ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-18, 03:09 PM
Contributor

eats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really nice
Re: Your ADD moment for today

Just now I thought, "I'm hungry, I'm going to eat something for lunch." So I look in my kitchen and realize I don't really have any food, aside from some leftover stir fry from last night.

Then I thought, well, should I go to the grocery store and pick something up? Or, should I go to Subway since I have a gift card. Or I could go to a different grocery store since I have another gift card for that one, but I don't know how much is on it.

So I sat down by my computer to contemplate what I should do, and remembered that I had a bill to pay online that I had started to do earlier this morning, but got sidetracked from it. So did that.

Then I went back to the kitchen and picked up a bag of bean chips, realizing that it would be much tastier with some salsa. So then I once again debated which grocery store to go to.

Now I'm posting this here because I thought the aforementioned sequence of events was funny. (And I'm still hungry!)

Edit: Now i'm making a phone call

You say I'm weird? Well, I grew up next to a power
plant, what's your excuse?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eats_mice For This Useful Post:
stef (06-09-18), ToneTone (02-15-18)
Old 02-15-18, 03:38 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,204 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm working from home, and I'm behind ... very behind the target date for this work to be finished ... and instead of working, I'm searching and watching streaming episodes of favorite shows.

I say to myself, "I'm gonna start work as soon as this episode finishes." And then the episode ends, and I say, "Geez, let me watch just one more episode."

And then I come and check my favorite forum and here I am ... But OK, I'm gonna start at some point, I know I will ... I might use one of my internet blocking software programs ...

The good news: ... I know myself and the way my brain works ... and I know once I get started with the work, I'll feel better ... and I know I need to remind myself that it's not "too late" to do the work ... because if I tell myself, "well it's really really late now," then I'll just procrastinate some more.

Tone
Old 02-15-18, 04:58 PM
Contributor

eats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneTone View Post
I'm working from home, and I'm behind ... very behind the target date for this work to be finished ... and instead of working, I'm searching and watching streaming episodes of favorite shows.

I say to myself, "I'm gonna start work as soon as this episode finishes." And then the episode ends, and I say, "Geez, let me watch just one more episode."

And then I come and check my favorite forum and here I am ... But OK, I'm gonna start at some point, I know I will ... I might use one of my internet blocking software programs ...

The good news: ... I know myself and the way my brain works ... and I know once I get started with the work, I'll feel better ... and I know I need to remind myself that it's not "too late" to do the work ... because if I tell myself, "well it's really really late now," then I'll just procrastinate some more.

Tone
And that's how I flunked out of college. Twice!

You say I'm weird? Well, I grew up next to a power
plant, what's your excuse?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-18, 02:50 PM
ADDvanced Member

Ronelh has disabled reputation

Sitting in a waiting room, I noticed it's almost my turn. I was reading an interesting book to pass the time, but I carefully put it away so I wouldn't hyperfocus and miss my cue. Always embarrassing if my neighbors have to tell me that it's my turn now. The person ahead of me was taking a while.... I got talking to the guy sitting next to me, half-joking together about the slow service.... and before I knew it, I was hyperfocused on the conversation, and three people were telling me it was my turn now. Sigh.

Last edited by Ronelh; 04-10-18 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 06-07-18, 12:22 AM

PoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud of

I had an ADD moment this last Monday. I went to the bank to make a payment on one of my credit cards. I waited in line for about 20 minutes and finally got up to the teller window where I handed the teller my credit card and some cash and said I wanted to make a payment. She gave me this kind of puzzled look and said, "What is it that you want me to do?" So, I said again that I wanted to make a payment. Then she said, "But this credit card is from another bank." I was a little bit embarrassed.

I do have another credit card from the bank I went to, but I've never gone to the wrong bank to make a payment before.
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)
The Following User Says Thank You to PoppnNSailinMan For This Useful Post:
Ronelh (06-07-18)
Old 06-07-18, 08:11 AM

Thanked 6,474 Times in 3,091 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppnNSailinMan View Post
I had an ADD moment this last Monday. I went to the bank to make a payment on one of my credit cards. I waited in line for about 20 minutes and finally got up to the teller window where I handed the teller my credit card and some cash and said I wanted to make a payment. She gave me this kind of puzzled look and said, "What is it that you want me to do?" So, I said again that I wanted to make a payment. Then she said, "But this credit card is from another bank." I was a little bit embarrassed.

I do have another credit card from the bank I went to, but I've never gone to the wrong bank to make a payment before.

Well i'm sure everybody has done something along those lines at some point..... at least I hope so.
Old 06-07-18, 01:43 PM

PoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Well i'm sure everybody has done something along those lines at some point..... at least I hope so.
You're probably right, and I've only done this once so far. In terms of ADD moments, one of the most common ones for me which happens almost every day is that I misplace things and can't find them. I'll call someone to come and help me find them and 99% of the time they're right in front of me where I've been looking but I don't see them for some reason. Recently, I must've looked three or four times in the place I thought that something should be and couldn't find it, so I gave up. Then later, I came across it in the exact same place I'd been looking before.
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoppnNSailinMan For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (06-09-18), Ronelh (06-09-18), stef (06-07-18)
Old 06-09-18, 09:20 AM
ADDvanced Member

Ronelh has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppnNSailinMan View Post
You're probably right, and I've only done this once so far. In terms of ADD moments, one of the most common ones for me which happens almost every day is that I misplace things and can't find them. I'll call someone to come and help me find them and 99% of the time they're right in front of me where I've been looking but I don't see them for some reason. Recently, I must've looked three or four times in the place I thought that something should be and couldn't find it, so I gave up. Then later, I came across it in the exact same place I'd been looking before.
Yep, I do this ALL the time. I worked in a summer camp kitchen for one summer in college, where I was often sent to the big walk-in fridge to get some ingredient or other. Half the time I couldn't find it. It was pretty embarrassing, because if I took too long getting it, they'd come looking for me, and invariably find it right there in front of me.
Little Missy (06-09-18), PoppnNSailinMan (06-10-18), stef (06-09-18)
Old 06-09-18, 10:37 AM

Thanked 21,254 Times in 11,386 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronelh View Post
Yep, I do this ALL the time. I worked in a summer camp kitchen for one summer in college, where I was often sent to the big walk-in fridge to get some ingredient or other. Half the time I couldn't find it. It was pretty embarrassing, because if I took too long getting it, they'd come looking for me, and invariably find it right there in front of me.
What a laugh from the memories of this! Always, always.
Then the kitchen guys would lock me in and turn the lights on and off really fast so I'd scream.

Oddly, no matter what state I lived in they did that to me.

And I never did find what was needed.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (06-10-18), PoppnNSailinMan (06-10-18), Ronelh (06-09-18), stef (06-10-18)
Old 06-09-18, 01:31 PM

DieselFreak is on a distinguished road

My add moment of the day. Woke up bright and early and went out with the weedeater and cleaned up a fence row in hyper focus mode for over an hour strait. Then went in the garage to put another blade on the weed eater but it needed sharpened. Sharpened the blade and proceeded to sharpen the rest of the blades on my trimmer tool box instead of finishing cleaning the fence row. Then remembered I was supposed to fix a piece of hay equipment this morning. Then it started raining. Got some stuff done this morning but not really what I was supposed to have done.

Came inside to get something for breakfast, I had bought a couple boxes of instant oatmeal which were still on the counter in the grocery bag. Looked in the bag and realized that I hadn't put the 2 boxes of hot pockets that I had also bought or the box of frozed burrito's in the freezer. They had sat out since yesterday so threw them in the trash.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DieselFreak For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (06-10-18), Little Nut (06-11-18), PoppnNSailinMan (06-10-18), psychopathetic (06-10-18), stef (06-10-18)
Old 06-10-18, 02:31 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,908 Times in 13,069 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I can't find the little wallet where I keep my meds
it has ritalin for the day on the inside zip part
and zyrtec and ibruprophen on the side part, should i ever need them when i go out.
it really doesn't matter because i needed to "restock" it in the first place. but how annoying!
that system really worked.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (06-10-18), Fuzzy12 (06-10-18), PoppnNSailinMan (06-10-18), psychopathetic (06-10-18)
Old 06-10-18, 07:25 AM

Thanked 6,474 Times in 3,091 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I can't find the little wallet where I keep my meds
it has ritalin for the day on the inside zip part
and zyrtec and ibruprophen on the side part, should i ever need them when i go out.
it really doesn't matter because i needed to "restock" it in the first place. but how annoying!
that system really worked.

Perhaps get something you can attach to your key ring?

At least that way it should be heavy enough for you to hear it fall out of your pocket should that ever happen, which should help you not to lose your meds or your keys.
Old 06-10-18, 12:21 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,908 Times in 13,069 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Perhaps get something you can attach to your key ring?

At least that way it should be heavy enough for you to hear it fall out of your pocket should that ever happen, which should help you not to lose your meds or your keys.
it was under the bed! fell out when i was changing purses.
I almost always wear stretch jeans, they have either fake pockets or pockets not big enough for anything except a lighter
that's an excellent idea, though.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (06-10-18), Lunacie (06-10-18), psychopathetic (06-10-18)
Old 06-10-18, 04:15 PM

Thanked 25,716 Times in 11,997 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
it was under the bed! fell out when i was changing purses.
I almost always wear stretch jeans, they have either fake pockets or pockets not big enough for anything except a lighter
that's an excellent idea, though.

My daughter gets annnoyed because my billfold keeps falling out of my stretch
jeans pocket. Rarely happens when I'm driving by myself.

'Cuz I'm getting in and out a different side of the car?

I hate asking a clerk to help me find something in the store that I've spent the
last ten minutes looking for ... yep, right there was I was looking usually.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
stef (06-10-18)
Old 06-12-18, 12:17 AM

DieselFreak is on a distinguished road

Not much today, just the usual "go look for something (in this case, my coffee cup) wind up looking in the fridge, realize I'm not sure why I came to the refrigerator, go back retrace steps and remember what I was looking for in the first place, and proceed with my day".. until the next "moment"

I will admit I have found my coffee cup in the refrigerator where the gallon of milk usually sits, guess where the gallon of milk was? Yup, exactly where I always set my coffee cup on the counter lol. A hurried morning, plus a touch of ADD rarely fails to be atleast somewhat interesting
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DieselFreak For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-12-18), PoppnNSailinMan (06-12-18), stef (06-12-18)