ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-18, 02:24 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,251 Times in 7,593 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
What's happened to me? (thinking out loud)

I've changed on these forums. A lot.

I use to be a lot sillier. Now I just seem hyper and annoying. I'm too much too often.

I use to be genuinely funny. Again, now I'm just hyper and annoying most the time.

I was a lot more selfless and loving. Now I've become increasingly self centered.

I use to be cheerful and full of joy and hope...I'm becoming more and more gloom as time goes on.

I use to have more respect. Now certain members straight up ignore me...and I'm halfway convinced I chase some people away from the forums.

What happened to me guys? I miss the old me that use to be here .

Any of you relate to these kinds of feelings?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (05-22-18), Greyhound1 (05-23-18), midnightstar (05-22-18), peripatetic (05-22-18), PoppnNSailinMan (05-22-18)
Old 05-22-18, 02:40 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,286 Times in 13,956 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's happened to me? (thinking out loud)

Has anyone said that you are annoying or disrespectful? I haven't noticed. Yes, there are more sad posts but you've just experienced a huge loss and I'm glad you feel able to share that with us.

You've still got your funny and goofy moments. Maybe you are less loving biut if you are it doesn't show. I still see a lot of affection and support from you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (05-22-18), Lunacie (05-22-18), PoppnNSailinMan (05-22-18), psychopathetic (05-22-18)
Old 05-22-18, 04:42 AM

Thanked 5,038 Times in 2,191 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

From what I see you're not annoying or disrespectful but you do apologise too much for things that aren't your fault (like how you feel).

You thank all the posts even the ones that insult you so I don't know if you really like what I've said or just being polite.

From a former people pleaser to another - that pretty much sucks the joy out of everything.

If someone is insulting you, you don't have to engage. People come and people go in this place.

Start here. If you find this post offensive don't hit the thanks button and you'll see everything will still.be okay and I'll still talk to ya
Fraser_0762 (05-22-18), Lunacie (05-22-18), psychopathetic (05-22-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-18, 05:17 AM

Thanked 6,477 Times in 3,092 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. I've just been a pain in the *** from the very start.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-22-18)
Old 05-22-18, 08:32 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,442 Times in 15,032 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Get out of that bad neighborhood that is your mind.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (05-22-18), psychopathetic (05-22-18)
Old 05-22-18, 11:09 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,746 Times in 13,435 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

psycho, you're lovely, you're just going through a bad time is all
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-22-18)
Old 05-22-18, 11:16 AM

Thanked 14,556 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

You are in a new stage of psychological development and growth.

This too shall pass, but neither resist nor try to hold onto any stage...for they are integral to your well-being, now, and in the future.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-23-18), psychopathetic (05-22-18)
Old 05-22-18, 11:49 AM

Thanked 3,981 Times in 2,050 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

You're still silly often to me. Tbh, you do seem to get upset more by other people's posts, many of which I can see why you would get upset but your reaction seems to be greater than before.

It's understandable given everything you've been through. It's good you notice it though. Instead of getting really upset at yourself for feeling this way, just realize it's ok to feel this way though maybe write your heart out but if you see that your heart is angry and heavy, reread what you wrote once calm and edit it if your response seems too harsh. You should still express why the posts upset you I think as all your posts that sounded angry seemed to have reason to me. But maybe write it in a less accusatory way?

That's just my opinion which could be wrong. I agree with aeon also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-22-18), psychopathetic (05-22-18)
Old 05-22-18, 12:20 PM

Thanked 34,062 Times in 15,423 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

i think it's not unusual that people develop and change in ways over the course of several years. i hear you on missing the old you, though. i miss the old me. not just on this forum necessarily...though, yes, that, too.

i used to be a lot more fun. then he died. and nothing was fun for a very long time. and i've been so unwell off and on and hospitalised more times than i care to count... been psychotic even more than hospitalised...and it's changed me, i think. it's made me more susceptible to being unwell all of the time. things used to follow a pattern and now it's just hell. even the hell used to be in a certain order, though. it's just not anymore.

i'm alive because of my small girl. most days, that seems reasonable, but some days it doesn't seem like i'll be able to hold it together until she hits eighteen.

i may never be "my best" again...but hopefully i'll be "good enough" and can accept that. you're going to be different now that she's gone, but different doesn't have to mean worse.

with your posts, i don't find you annoying. for the record. x
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-22-18), psychopathetic (05-22-18)
Old 05-22-18, 02:41 PM

Thanked 25,996 Times in 12,129 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

What I find annoying is people who worry too much about being annoying.

Not everyone is going to like us all the time.

And it's not our responsibility to "make" everyone like us.

It's okay if someone thinks we're annoying one day, but for the most part like us.

It's okay if someone thinks we're always annoying because there are a lot of
other people who don't agree with that.

I too agree with aeon, you're going through a growth phase.

You know why they're called "growing pains"? Because it sometimes hurts.

But growth is necessary. And usually interesting once you're over the bumps.

psychobuddy

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-22-18), wazneverhere (05-29-18)
Old 05-23-18, 12:03 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are all so wonderful and lovely.

I have changed...I am a bit harder than before, and that does sadden me...
And I think I'm too much sometimes. Too loud or obnoxious or confrontational/rude/upfront.
But I do think Aeon is right in saying I'm going through a growing phase. He's spot on with his observation. There's been a lot of change here in the 3d world I've been actively working on.

I also think it has to do with these forums being as quiet as they are. There's not enough posters right now to drown out my loudness lol. Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm too lazy to further explain it! lol

Anyhow, thank you guys...

And...This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Get out of that bad neighborhood that is your mind.
Yes. I do tend to spend a bit too much time in that neighborhood for my own good.
This statement coming from you made so much sense to me.
And I'll do just as you tell me.

Thank you my friend.

(((((((Hugs To All)))))))

Okay! Now if ya'll will excuse me...I'm off to go annoy you guys once again on the forums!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-23-18)
Old 05-23-18, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post
You thank all the posts even the ones that insult you so I don't know if you really like what I've said or just being polite.
I could TOTALLY stop thanking posts! TOTALLY MAN! TOTALLY! I don't have any issue! Easy I say!
PFFFFFT! Addicted? Don't be silly! I could easily quit thanking anytime I wanted!
EASY!

I really should stop posting like 100% of the posts I read. I think it takes away from the point of having a thank button.
But you are right...I thank almost all posts I read. Whether I'm "truly" thankful or not.
It's become habit at this point. And I do it for all sorts of reasons...
Most the time it's genuinely because yeah...I am thankful for the post.
But sometimes I thank posts just to thank them. Or to keep place in a thread.
Or sometimes I do it to try and be polite. Or to show people I like them.
Or maybe I've thanked a bunch of people in a thread...and then someone else posts in that thread, and perhaps it's not a post I'm truly thankful for or something...but then I need to thank it because I don't want them to feel left out! lol Like "Omg, Psychopathetic has thanked everyone else in this thread...but he didn't thank MY post? /sadface).
And sometimes I do it to try and be encouraging to others. To be like "hey there! I appreciate you! ".

I think I'll start re-evaluating how often I leave thanks. But I will say that the vast majority of my thanks are genuine.

(((Hugs)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post
You thank all the posts even the ones that insult you
I can't remember you personally ever insulting me? I can be rather dense and slow though, so you may very well have and it went right over my head.
Or maybe I'm just being insensitive and am not remembering. If so I do apologize .

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-28-18), Lunacie (05-23-18)
Old 05-23-18, 01:02 AM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

Since I've grown older, I miss my younger self...even the self from 10 years ago. I was able to cope with things better then. It's as if I'm losing control of my life. What used to be a molehill now seems more like a mountain.
But as for growing phases...I do miss them! Good luck with yours!
The Following User Says Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-23-18)
Old 05-23-18, 04:38 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,442 Times in 15,032 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Something else I thought of... remember way way back when you told me I was intimidating and I think we had an argument about a dog or something? Look at us now! Look at me now! Even since then sobriety has helped me and you and I are a lot closer. How the F did that happen? Well, we were both just ready.. time takes time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
You guys are all so wonderful and lovely.

I have changed...I am a bit harder than before, and that does sadden me...
And I think I'm too much sometimes. Too loud or obnoxious or confrontational/rude/upfront.
But I do think Aeon is right in saying I'm going through a growing phase. He's spot on with his observation. There's been a lot of change here in the 3d world I've been actively working on.

I also think it has to do with these forums being as quiet as they are. There's not enough posters right now to drown out my loudness lol. Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm too lazy to further explain it! lol

Anyhow, thank you guys...

And...This:

Yes. I do tend to spend a bit too much time in that neighborhood for my own good.
This statement coming from you made so much sense to me.
And I'll do just as you tell me.

Thank you my friend.

(((((((Hugs To All)))))))

Okay! Now if ya'll will excuse me...I'm off to go annoy you guys once again on the forums!

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-23-18)
Old 05-23-18, 09:16 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,355 Times in 782 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I've changed on these forums. A lot.
  • I use to be a lot sillier. Now I just seem hyper and annoying. I'm too much too often.
  • I use to be genuinely funny. Again, now I'm just hyper and annoying most the time.
  • I was a lot more selfless and loving. Now I've become increasingly self centered.
  • I use to be cheerful and full of joy and hope...I'm becoming more and more gloom as time goes on.
  • I use to have more respect. Now certain members straight up ignore me...and I'm halfway convinced I chase some people away from the forums.
  • What happened to me guys? I miss the old me that use to be here .
  • Any of you relate to these kinds of feelings
? ---SHRUNK QUOTED POST A BIT---
Let me generalize...so you're "saying" that you have noticeably changed &/or your perception of you has changed since on the forums?

Have there been any major/key/critical changes in your life during this period that could explain this? All I Got. Anywhoo, glad ur here, Psych. -LN
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-23-18)