ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips > Household Tips and Tricks
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-18, 04:12 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,943 Times in 706 Posts
Jacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond repute
Today I will clean the house

My date will come by and so I need my house to be clean (and I also want this for myself). I have a morning and early afternoon (6 hours max) to do all of this:

1. Bathroom
- Clean floor
- Clean walls
- Clean sink

2. Laundry room
- Clean floor
- Wash clothes

3. Kitchen
- Vacuum clean floor
- Mop floor
- Clean surfaces
- Organize kitchenware
- Organize food

4. Living room
- Vacuum clean
- Clean surfaces

5. Bedroom
- Vacuum clean
- Organize clothes
- Clean surfaces

6. Study room
- Organize books
- Organize stuff on floor
- Clean surfaces
- Vacuum clean
- Mop floor

Posting this here because I need some accountability. I have wanted to do this for days and if I don't do it today, my only chance is tomorrow morning before she comes, and judging my the list that will either be very stressful, or impossible. It's ok if some things remain for tomorrow, but I want to do at least 75% of this today.

But first I will get clothed and find some food in the house. I will start in 15 minutes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jacksper For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (12-26-18), Rebelyell (12-26-18), willow129 (12-26-18)
Old 12-26-18, 06:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Jacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Today I will clean the house

I did more than 90% of the items on this list and some other things as well.

Waking up at 8 am to do the rest in a relaxed pace, I think it's only 30-45 minutes of work that's remaining.

Starting early because I don't know when she will arrive. Probably late in the morning or early afternoon.

Feeling proud for what I have accomplished today. Step by step my life is becoming more organized and just better in general.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jacksper For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (12-26-18), tudorose (12-26-18), willow129 (12-26-18)
Old 12-27-18, 02:00 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,908 Times in 15,257 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Jack, I really need you to bottle up some of that get up and go, focus and follow through because I would buy it.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Jacksper (12-27-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-18, 02:36 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Haha sarah I would if I could . What helped me yesterday is that I love this girl and want to make a good impression on her. A messy house doesn't help. Combined with that I want this for myself and have taken little practical steps forward regularly for a while now, I think that practice helps. Breaking things down to managable tasks is my most important method. Just 'clean the house' doesn't get me moving, it's top daunting and complex.

My date will not arrive in the next 3-4 hours, so I have some extra time on my hands. This is what I will do:

Remainder cleaning home
- organize clothing
- do dishes
- organize food
- clean some parts of the bathroom better

At the office:
- print some things to hang on my wall (I want to make a vision board and hang some useful lists and reminders)

In town:
- buy guitar strings
- get food
- get letter from my old house
- get climbing shoes