ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 05-26-18, 03:35 PM
Contributor

userguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the rough
Where to buddy-study math well ?

I want to restart my dream project and for this I need to refresh some uni math.

I thought it would be more effective If I could do that by teaching some on the net.

Where is a good place for that ?

I am not licenced anyhow ofc, not a teacher.
Old 07-15-18, 09:36 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,609 Times in 886 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buddy-study math well ?

A lot of people put videos on YouTube teaching math. It's helped me so much.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following User Says Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
namazu (07-15-18)
Old 01-24-19, 11:02 AM

Dorothy Harman is on a distinguished road

In college, I also had problems with math. And the site Wolfram Mathematica helped me a lot. A huge plus, which shows not only the ready answer but also the steps of the solution. There is a graphing function. MM actually has a lot of functionality. And it can greatly simplify life.

If you need lectures on mathematics, you can look at the websites of universities or on the platform with online courses, for example, edX.

Last edited by namazu; 01-24-19 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Please, no links to commercial websites. See ADDF guidelines.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dorothy Harman For This Useful Post:
userguide (01-25-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-19, 07:41 PM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,371 Times in 5,420 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Khan academy practice is alright. The videos also.

If you want to teach, there are online tutoring services, but I’ve never used them and I’m not sure how much leg work you’d need to do to get clients, nor how much money the online vendor takes.

I wouldn’t use Wolfram alpha as your primary anything unless it’s to check your answers, or use the graphing capability. If you’re using it to copy the steps, it’s essentially cheating. And teachers will figure out that you’ve used it.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following User Says Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
userguide (02-02-19)
Old 03-02-19, 08:29 AM

BillieWillie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerSan View Post
Khan academy practice is alright. The videos also.

If you want to teach, there are online tutoring services, but Iíve never used them and Iím not sure how much leg work youíd need to do to get clients, nor how much money the online vendor takes.

I wouldnít use Wolfram alpha as your primary anything unless itís to check your answers, or use the graphing capability. If youíre using it to copy the steps, itís essentially cheating. And teachers will figure out that youíve used it.
rather useful, thanks a lot for your info!