ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 08-30-04, 03:40 PM
ADDvanced Member

Salsa is on a distinguished road
Woman with ADD asks: "Did you 'play house' when you were little?"

I almost never did and the few times that I did, I hated it. So BORING. I could never see the point in it! Same thing goes for playing with dolls.

It was much more fun to go out and play in the mud, go hiking on trails nearby, play Frisbee with my Dad, Play kickball with the boys in the neighborhood, ride my bike............you get the idea.
Old 08-30-04, 04:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
My sister and I loved play house and dolls. We had so much fun and were so creative too. I also participated in other types of dramtic plat with my male cousins and other neighborhood kids. We pretended we were the super friends and other things like that.

My sisters and I had unique way of playing dolls. When we played barbied we used the action fugures and star wars people as part of the family too. We were so attached to our dolls too. To use they were like real kids.

There was one time when we left our dolls out in the yard over night after my mother told us to bring them in. When we got up the next morning to get our dolls they were all torn apart. The next door neighbors puppy came into the yard and had a chew fest. It was so awful my sister and I could not stop crying. My mother really didn't get the how upset were were and pretty much said "I told you so"...
Old 08-30-04, 04:43 PM
ADDvanced Member

AntyNet is on a distinguished road
I never played house.....

or with dolls....

Legos and doing things outside, like skateboarding were my thing.

-Anty
"There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there."
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-04, 04:51 PM

jaimegerise has disabled reputation
Hmmmm, I played other things more, like played school, or played like I was a rock star. LOL
Old 08-30-04, 05:03 PM
ADDvanced Member

daisyo75 is on a distinguished road
Lets see. Didn't play house as far as I remember. I liked barbies but I would only play Cinderella(My poor half-sisters guess what parts I gave them) I played school with my sister also. I'm the oldest. Outside I played swamp monster on the swingset.

Other than that I don't really remember. My mom says I spent most of my time alone "reading" funny I don't remember finishing too many books.

My name is Daisy and I have a short atten.... oh look at that shiny rock.
Old 08-30-04, 05:04 PM

jaimegerise has disabled reputation
OH yeah and I was a HUGE barbie freak!
Old 08-30-04, 05:13 PM
ADDvanced Member

One time....when I was really young...maybe 3 or 4, my aunt bought me this HUGE doll, apparently it was a very expensive one at that...and I looked at it, and told my mom to give it back!

God I was a horrible kid! LOL!

-Anty
"There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there."
Old 08-30-04, 05:16 PM
ADDvanced Member

daisyo75 is on a distinguished road
Oh also I wrote a letter to santa from when I was about 4 askiong Santa to NOT bring me toys LOL.

I think I asked for roller skates instead - I loved roller skating as a kid. I also asked for clothes but it was because I didn't like the second hand stuff that I had or the stuff my mom made for me. It was not because I was girly LOL

My name is Daisy and I have a short atten.... oh look at that shiny rock.
Old 08-30-04, 05:54 PM
ADDvanced Member

Salsa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntyNet
I never played house.....

or with dolls....

Legos and doing things outside, like skateboarding were my thing.

-Anty
Oh ya. I forgot about that.

I'm from the slightly pre-lego era, but we had the styrofoam blocks (similar to legos-- really big though). I would build castles and houses for my cats to sleep in. I remember making them an apartment house once. They really liked it. I made a little house, put a rectangular basket on top, and then made the upper apartment inside the basket. I think there was another basket just like the first which made the roof. I hated tearing that one down. My parents took pictures of the cats in it.

I used to like creative things too......like etch-a-sketch and light bright. I still have fun on etch-a-sketches every once in a while.
Old 08-30-04, 07:34 PM
ADDvanced Member

Light-brite was the BOMB!!!!

Man I haven't thought about that in years.....

-Anty
Old 08-30-04, 11:02 PM
ADDvanced Member

Onwari is on a distinguished road
When I was little my version of playing house was going out in the woods alone starting at like 6 or 7. When fall came I used to go in the woods and make believe I was living alone out in the boonys and had to hunt and chop wood. I made bows and arrows and slingshots. I would make a "cabin" out of fall leaves and make separate rooms. I used to take paper cups with me and pluck the wheat in the field and add a little salt and eat it raw. After shucking it of course! I would pretend it was my rations. The raw wheat was really good! I couldn't find any friends to share this with so it was just me and my dog. Everybody thought I was a weirdo anyway. Once or twice my brother or sister's went out there with me. We would always end up getting into a fight and someone would mess up our camp.
Old 08-31-04, 12:44 AM

Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
I played house when I had to...normally I played army. Heck I still play army. I still have toy guns, etc. Now though instead of running around in the most military looking clothes I had in my neighborhood shooting Nazis (or Iraqis a lot of times. Being 6 during Gulf War I was awesome. I could watch GI Joe in the mornings, and then turn the channel and watch the war footage. It was tight!), I hike around in the woods in Camo BDUs with military sticks and radios with friends, heh.

When I played house with neighbors, I was usually a hired assassin or a soldier of some sort, and we'd always be attacked...now my neighbors didn't like that too much, so I normally got kicked out...

I really didn't get to have too many friends because nobody could stand me, I was a spaz. LOL
Old 08-31-04, 12:44 AM

Hopeless is on a distinguished road
I played house different. We would get a bunch of blankets and drape them over furniture and make "houses". Yeah, mom wasn't too pleased.
Old 08-31-04, 01:11 AM

Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless
I played house different. We would get a bunch of blankets and drape them over furniture and make "houses". Yeah, mom wasn't too pleased.
Oh been there done that too...actually for a long time, I did all my homework in a fort I made behind a chair by a heating duct. I did that right up until mom realized I wasn't doing homework in there, but reading books about fighting vehicles of WWII...

But the heating duct-blanket-chair fort worked awesomely in the dead of winter to keep me toasty, and I recommend it to anyone.
Old 08-31-04, 01:40 AM

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
I did, but mostly we played outside riding bikes, playing ball games and stuff like that. I played with dolls and played house when it was raining......