ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Open Science & Philosophical Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Open Science & Philosophical Discussion This forum is for open discussion, encouraging new and unconventional ways of thinking, welcoming posts in any format

Old 11-24-13, 02:01 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

mildadhd has disabled reputation
Looking at ADD and PLAY the Darwinian Way.

Quote:
BrainWorld: Kids like to play games, read books or go on the Internet and engage in social networking.

Is that play?
Quote:
JaakPanksepp : I think so.

But the main kind of play is when animals physically engage each other in rough-and-tumble activities.

Physical play is fun.

But playing games is also fun.

However, if we didn’t have a play instinct, maybe neither kind of play would exist.

However, playing games is not primary-process play.

The most primitive parts of the brain generate various primary process emotions, including physical play.

Playing games is likely to be a secondary process, dependent on learning and memories.

Few people are studying the primary processes.

To do that, you must think in a very Darwinian way, and understand that emotions emerge first from very ancient regions of the brain, which connect up to more recent, higher brain regions that control learning and thought.

This is a very important principle.

Mother Nature built some important things into ancient regions of the brain—we don’t have the clear image of that, all the other knowledge of the brain is very weak, except senses such as vision.

They are pretty straightforward.

- See more at: http://brainworldmagazine.com/dr-jaa....ztpaMgNH.dpuf

i!i
Old 11-24-13, 02:20 AM

davinci10 will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking at ADD and PLAY the Darwinian Way.

I like this information. I attend laughing yoga twice a month, and what we do is childlike playfulness and making eye contact which automatically turns into real laughter, which is enjoyable enough to calm down my excitable/hyperactive nature but what you presented seems like something that comes from the original source of playfulness, which is connecting with your initial feelings.
The Following User Says Thank You to davinci10 For This Useful Post:
mildadhd (11-16-17)
Old 11-24-13, 09:53 PM

i!i
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-13, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin10 View Post
I like this information. I attend laughing yoga twice a month, and what we do is childlike playfulness and making eye contact which automatically turns into real laughter, which is enjoyable enough to calm down my excitable/hyperactive nature but what you presented seems like something that comes from the original source of playfulness, which is connecting with your initial feelings.
I like and learned from your perspective.

Yes, i am trying to learn about the primary level, first, which the other also very important secondary levels are built upon.

Like laughing yoga. (the thought of organized laughter, automatically brings a smirk to my face, every time I think about it) (smirk)

The unorganized instinctual version of laughing yoga.

Much Appreciated!
Old 11-24-13, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin10 View Post
I attend laughing yoga twice a month, and what we do is childlike playfulness and making eye contact which automatically turns into real laughter, which is enjoyable enough to calm down my excitable/hyperactive nature

Fascinating.

I would like to learn more about the origin of the idea of laughing yoga?

The eye contact reminded me of the quote below.

Quote:
Quote:
Within minutes following birth, the mother's odors stimulate the branching of millions of nerve cells in the newborn's brain.

A six-day-old infant can already distinguish the scent of his mother from that of other women.

Later on, visual inputs associated with emotions gradually take over as the major influences.
Gabor Mate M.D., "Scattered", P 70

I am also curious to know more about the connections between, "visual inputs associated with emotions"

i!i
Old 11-25-13, 11:57 PM

Part B

i!i