ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Old 04-19-18, 12:43 PM

oldtimer will become famous soon enough
Re: What are other "hallmark" symptoms of add?

I looked and the suggested links and didn't see much maybe because I am ADD.

I suggest reading the book 'Healing ADD" by Amen

Amen has had a checkered past but was a child psychiatrist learned how to operate several sophisticated analytical devices such as brain scanning devices and eventually raised several ADD kids. The last was likely the most valuable.

He has a unique way of seeing ADD. Many don't like him because he stands out and is in for the buck. I recommend reading his book cover to cover. You many not believe all of it but I think he is the world's expert just because all his different experiences and that he has many clinics throughout the US. There are only in an area that parents will pay 20-30k for ADD treatment out of pocket. No insurance company pays for Amen.
He will not give discounts to insurance companies because he doesn't need to. The parents don't mind the investment as long as they get the best. What can be more important than how successful your child will be as an adult? This can be the most important step in that process. Amen is as smart as a whip and is smart enough to hire brilliant Drs to run his clinics. When you charge 10 times the going rate, insanely high salaries are not a problem. When you have dozens of these clinics the amount of good information he must get, staggers the mind. He is the best in the world.
Old 04-19-18, 01:21 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,281 Times in 11,740 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
I looked and the suggested links and didn't see much maybe because I am ADD.

I suggest reading the book 'Healing ADD" by Amen

Amen has had a checkered past but was a child psychiatrist learned how to operate several sophisticated analytical devices such as brain scanning devices and eventually raised several ADD kids. The last was likely the most valuable.

He has a unique way of seeing ADD. Many don't like him because he stands out and is in for the buck. I recommend reading his book cover to cover. You many not believe all of it but I think he is the world's expert just because all his different experiences and that he has many clinics throughout the US. There are only in an area that parents will pay 20-30k for ADD treatment out of pocket. No insurance company pays for Amen.
He will not give discounts to insurance companies because he doesn't need to. The parents don't mind the investment as long as they get the best. What can be more important than how successful your child will be as an adult? This can be the most important step in that process. Amen is as smart as a whip and is smart enough to hire brilliant Drs to run his clinics. When you charge 10 times the going rate, insanely high salaries are not a problem. When you have dozens of these clinics the amount of good information he must get, staggers the mind. He is the best in the world.
I certainly don't think everyone has to be a philanthropist, but OMG, treating
adhd shouldn't ever cost that much.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 04-20-18, 10:18 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,050 Times in 14,230 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

He may be the best in the world as far as cost is concerned but as far as being able to adequately diagnose and treat disorders that have guidelines established already, and not so sure.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-18, 09:22 AM

oldtimer will become famous soon enough

I am not trying to defend him or his costs as much as explaining them. There is a clinic less than an hour from me. His neighbors included the royal family of Saudi Arabia 2 heavy weight champions of the word and several rock stars. People pay more for TV systems than what he charges for ADD treatment. 30 k is NOTHING to them. I knows someone who puts in TV theaters. Usually cost isn't even mentioned. Usually his customers had been in one of his theaters and want one. Most of the Red Skins have his theaters.

The treatment includes a minimum of 2 brain scans. One at the beginning and one when they think they got the meds right. If the brain scan in not normal then they continue to work on the meds. These are likely more expensive than an MRI. I have had several MRIs. My cost was $10 but the real cost was 7k-8k.

Amen is the only one who uses a brain scan to help diagnose what is wrong so who are you comparing him to? He is in a class by himself.

If I was a billionaire I would have taken my kids to him but I am not but I did read his books and used his assessment test on my second child. I didn't know about Amen for my first child. The term adequate is very relative. His customers don't use a 20k car to drive to his clinic. They ride in a 100k-200k car. To them a 20k car is not adequate. They wouldn't be caught dead in a cheap car. Because he takes brain scans before and after his quality is unmatched even if it is pricey. Anyone who thinks an educated guess is just as good as monitoring how the brain is functioning isn't very wise.