ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 12-10-19, 02:28 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold
Re: Husband has ADHD and is driving me Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevuke79 View Post
16 years and you're going to call it quits,.. because he loses things? He lost stuff for 16 years.. somehow you managed... but now you can't take it anymore?

Something doesn't sound right.
Thinking the same thing!

Well I hope everything is ok between them and they can get past this bump.
To me it seem like such a small one. My spouse said she doesnít really care about the disorganization but hates me being in YouTube for long periods of time. But still isnít a break up situation. So I dunno.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGreatKing For This Useful Post:
Stevuke79 (12-10-19)
Old 12-10-19, 02:37 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,146 Times in 2,808 Posts
Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just that it's small. To some people it may be huge and a definite deal breaker. But as someone who has been married for 15 years... anything that I have tolerated for the prior 15 years I have no doubt I can handle for the remaining 80.

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax
Old 12-10-19, 09:00 PM

Thanked 6,357 Times in 3,009 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevuke79 View Post
It's not just that it's small. To some people it may be huge and a definite deal breaker. But as someone who has been married for 15 years... anything that I have tolerated for the prior 15 years I have no doubt I can handle for the remaining 80.

Hence my suggestion that something has changed, that it may have worsened.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
Stevuke79 (12-11-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-19, 09:09 PM

Thanked 6,357 Times in 3,009 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda View Post
I am not adhd and am super forgetful. It really ****** me off, sometimes several times per day. I may go to the grocery market and realize I forgot my wallet. Or misplace my phone at home. Or go to the mall with the intentions of returning something & literally forget to. There are things I do - sticky notes on the back of my phone, reminders set on phone. But it doesn't always work. I think you have to accept his forgetfulness as partly unavoidable to make your rs work. Or you would if you lived with me anyway because I just can't completely fix it.
This used to be a major problem for me. My meditation training has taught me to be introspective in that kind of situation to observe what is physically happening (esp internally) when it happens.
Its usually an episode of brain fog, some acute stress, too untidy a work space, or in the worst case it has been a relapse of my bipolar- that causes huge disorganisation.

It also pays to look for when it does not happen and see what is different then or now.

That does not work either- but its a lot better than it was.

In the end I can usually find a physical cause for most flare ups, but preventing them is tougher.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

Old 04-16-20, 05:13 PM

babiesundertow is on a distinguished road

It's really frustrating but losing things and being disorganized is your reason for calling it quits? I don't think that's the only reason.
Old 04-16-20, 07:42 PM

Thanked 27,622 Times in 12,852 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiesundertow View Post
It's really frustrating but losing things and being disorganized is your reason for calling it quits? I don't think that's the only reason.
It could be if the partner has OCD. My disorganized granddaughter made me
nuts, but not enough for me to move out and get my own place. Love that kid,
miss her a lot now that she lives 3 hours away.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me