ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think of the ADD Forums?
Its amazing! Where have you been all my life?! 382 72.35%
Its great, but...(please post your wish list below) 146 27.65%
Voters: 528. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-17, 12:20 PM

tearsong is on a distinguished road
Re: What's your honest opinion of the ADD Forums?

I'm still on the "where have you been all my life?!?" side, but....

I kind of wish I had more than 30 minutes to edit a post... :'(

:P
Old 04-25-17, 08:00 PM

sd_adhd_help is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: What's your honest opinion of the ADD Forums?

This site needs more security as it is marked by Google Chrome as unsafe. And all the https traffic needs to go to a secure server with an SSL certificate that is up to date. If you need help setting it up, please contact me.

Dingneng
Old 04-25-17, 08:17 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 17,445 Times in 8,486 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_adhd_help View Post
This site needs more security as it is marked by Google Chrome as unsafe. And all the https traffic needs to go to a secure server with an SSL certificate that is up to date. If you need help setting it up, please contact me.
Yes, it does. The site owner, David, has been talking about upgrading the site for some time, including making improvements to site security. Unfortunately, he hasn't taken action yet, and there's nothing the rest of us can do about it until then. We're all waiting!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-17, 06:38 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

dormammau2008 has disabled reputation

good point namazu .....our information should be keepet safe as it can be....
Old 04-29-17, 01:40 AM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

This website is cool for many reasons. The participants are a cut above most who hang out on websites, based on my limited experience. The mods do an excellent job not showing favoritism, keeping the place clean, organized and above board. What the owners have done through making this forum available to just about everyone who'd like to join, and by running a friendly but tight ship, is provide for free channels of healing to those who have, through no fault of their own, suffered greatly. Thank you for that. You have done more than you know and still do.

I think the safety of the site should be upgraded right away, if possible. There's too much at stake to leave gaps in the system which leave all of us vulnerable to potential serious harm. No one wants that and unfortunately, if merely hints of that kind of activity surfaced, true or untrue, this forum will lose its impact as a world wide resource for many tens of thousands.
The Following User Says Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 06:53 AM

ohlookakitty is on a distinguished road

I really think it needs a logo & some theme

Other than that I love this site
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ohlookakitty For This Useful Post:
Googlectic (06-24-17), psychopathetic (06-21-17)
Old 06-21-17, 12:35 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,280 Times in 6,075 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuvmy3kitties View Post
I don't belong here. All I do is upset people and make more work for the Admins.
I don't deserve any thanks for anything except select things I will not mention.
Well I always liked you, you never upset me and I miss see you around .

Not sure if you'll ever be back around...but I hope wherever you are in your life, it's somewhere comfy and safe.

(((Wuv Wuvs)))

I'm sorry to see that you've left.

p.s.
lol I keep waiting for an admin to shut my account down from the times I've had warning, posts needing to be deleted, or posts that needed to be edited. Making more work for the admins is part of the joy of these forums!

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

Old 06-21-17, 12:37 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,280 Times in 6,075 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I wish this forum was more active more often. Especially the 'chit-chat' part of the forums.
Also...I wish the live chat feature worked. haha I'm probably too much of a chicken to use it anyhow, but once I do get into chatting with people...I usually really enjoy it. There's something to instant responses and responding you don't get through forums.

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

Old 06-21-17, 02:49 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,931 Times in 9,007 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

I've been here just over 4 years. In that time, I can't remember one single positive piece of news about how the site is run. I believe that actually is because there hasn't been anything positive to report, not because anything has gone unpublicized.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 06-21-17, 10:16 AM
Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDJ Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDJ Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDJ Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDJ Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDJ Bill is a glorious beacon of light

Lots of positive things to say about the site....but I guess it wouldn't be news
It is pretty reliable and seldom down.
It is easy to join
The archives are immense
The people here are most amazing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ Bill For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-21-17), midnightstar (06-21-17)
Old 06-21-17, 10:44 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,931 Times in 9,007 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with what you said, DJ Bill - it's just that those things aren't news, and most aren't about administration.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 06-21-17, 10:54 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 17,765 Times in 10,182 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I have always believed the people are what makes this forum such a wonderful place

I love this forum <3 (and I am speaking as a member here, not a mod, just so there's no confusion)
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.