ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 04-20-17, 02:48 AM

JessicaC306 is on a distinguished road
Appropriate Vitamins for 6 years old

Hello everyone, what vitamins would you recommend to my six year old boy. I want my child to be jolly in school as well as here in our house. I lately observed that he is always dizzy and it seems very tired when ever he got's home from school. I always ask him if her teacher gives a lot of activities in school but he says, It's not that many. As a parent, I want him to be active all the time.
Old 04-20-17, 02:58 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,242 Times in 13,247 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Appropriate Vitamins for 6 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaC306 View Post
Hello everyone, what vitamins would you recommend to my six year old boy. I want my child to be jolly in school as well as here in our house. I lately observed that he is always dizzy and it seems very tired when ever he got's home from school. I always ask him if her teacher gives a lot of activities in school but he says, It's not that many. As a parent, I want him to be active all the time.
Does he have adhd or take medication?

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 04-20-17, 03:03 AM

No, he doesn't have any medications.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-17, 03:08 AM

No, he doesn't have any medications.
Old 04-20-17, 04:12 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,242 Times in 13,247 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Well I would consult your doctor but generally as long as the child eats healthy and well a multivitamin will do.
Are you trying to treat adhd or something>

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
JessicaC306 (05-02-17)
Old 04-20-17, 03:23 PM
Contributor

Caco3girl is a glorious beacon of lightCaco3girl is a glorious beacon of lightCaco3girl is a glorious beacon of lightCaco3girl is a glorious beacon of lightCaco3girl is a glorious beacon of lightCaco3girl is a glorious beacon of light

I just gave mine a gummy multi vitamin for kids, and DRINK WATER. You would be amazed how many kids are walking around dehydrated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caco3girl For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-02-17)
Old 05-02-17, 04:10 AM

Thank you
Old 05-02-17, 04:17 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,952 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Vitamins can't help with ADHD, but taking the listed children's doses of the kind of children's vitamins sold in ordinary stores won't harm him.

Never give your child any vitamin besides a plain drugstore multivitamin unless a conventional doctor has told you that you have to. Vitamins in inappropriate doses can be harmful, and it isn't OK to give them just in case - except for that standard multi.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 05-02-17, 04:41 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,742 Times in 12,821 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of water or unsweetened herbal tea like peppermint. Any multivitamin that is specifically for children. Omega 3 might also help. Apart from supplements (check if your multivitamin contains omega 3 so you don't give more than the recommended dose). Also oily fish and flax seeds are good sources of omega 3.

Apart from that even children can't be active all the time. Maybe school is just too tiring and he needs a bit of rest. How does he sleep at night?

If you think.he's abnormally tired go to your gp. Else allow him to rest and relax for a while after school
Old 05-02-17, 04:43 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,742 Times in 12,821 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Just read your post again. If he's feeling dizzy then definitely take him to the gp to rule out any medical causes.