ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Depression
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-17, 04:26 PM
Jr Member

Anon_1991 is on a distinguished road
Cant tell how bad my depression is

Ive been feeling really down since Tuesday and i dont think its just a few bad days anymore

Ive felt like I don't belong here in the world anymore, last few days my first thoughts when i wake up are "why did i have to wake up today"
I just feel so useless and hopeless even though im told im really helpful i dont feel helpful at all
Ive cried alot over last few days too,

I can impulsively buy things when i feel down and feel a moment of happiness but that feeling of happiness goes away after about 10 minutes

I dont know how to cope with these feelings
Old 04-14-17, 05:32 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,570 Times in 8,793 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cant tell how bad my depression is

That sounds like serious depression. I think it would be right to see your doctor about it - just tell them exactly what you said in your forum post.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-14-17), Anon_1991 (04-15-17)
Old 04-15-17, 07:01 AM
Jr Member

Anon_1991 is on a distinguished road

Im seeing my psychitrist on the 24th of this month, i will try to be honest how ive been feeling
Im starting to wonder if overthinking negatively is part of my ADHD which is causing my depression to get worse
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-17, 05:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,116 Times in 984 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you've got an appointment scheduled ... Depression itself can cause negative overthinking ... that's a symptom for a lot of people ... serious indecisiveness, inability to confidently think and make decisions.

Doesn't at all have to be ADHD. That's what depression does to the brain (for a lot of people).

First thing I noticed when i first when on antidepressants: I could make decisions again ... later I noticed that my brain seemed to produce fewer negative thoughts with a good medication ...

Tone
The Following User Says Thank You to ToneTone For This Useful Post:
NickL30 (04-21-17)
Old 04-25-17, 04:24 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Traveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to all

So, Anon, today is the 25th, how was your doctor's appointment yesterday?

I don't pay attention during conversations. Not even when I talk to myself.