ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-17, 06:33 PM
Forum Guru

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
And a neighbours car is bothering me. It's bright pink and when I say bright pink I mean it makes Barbie's car look like baby pink, I'm sure it's a hazard on the road it's such a bright shade of pink

(can people be made to have their car painted a different colour if the colour of their car is so bright it's distracting to other road users? Like looking directly at the sun type of brightness? Only in this case bright burn-your-eyeballs-out-and-cause-a-migraine shade of pink?)
Now you know what happens to others when you show up here with your glowing comments!

I wear sunglasses
The Following User Says Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
stef (04-21-17)
Old 04-20-17, 06:45 PM
Forum Guru

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Just made a lot of people angry here. I'm tired and I'm angry. Just realized how I have accomplished absolutely nothing in life yet. 32, living in a student apartment, no fancy degrees to hide behind, no wealth. Just me, myself and I and a background of mental illness and addiction. To a certain degree it's a liberty, because there is nothing I need to cling to or can hide behind.
Quote:
living in a student apartment, no fancy degrees to hide behind, no wealth. Just me, myself and I
Nothing to hide behind. Hmmm. You mean at just 32 you have already been brought to a point in your brief existence where you are learning at such a young age what many of us never learn? That the externals mean nothing and that you, the real Hermus, are preparing to give up all that stuff we hide behind in exchange for a genuine, authentic life where you are your true self and that you are a gift just the way you are?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-21-17), namazu (04-20-17)
Old 04-21-17, 12:20 AM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 4,803 Times in 2,062 Posts
Hermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letching Gray View Post
Nothing to hide behind. Hmmm. You mean at just 32 you have already been brought to a point in your brief existence where you are learning at such a young age what many of us never learn? That the externals mean nothing and that you, the real Hermus, are preparing to give up all that stuff we hide behind in exchange for a genuine, authentic life where you are your true self and that you are a gift just the way you are?
I can consider myself even luckier than that. I have nothing, so there's nothing I have to prepare to give up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (04-21-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-17, 12:31 AM
Forum Guru

Quote:
I can consider myself even luckier than that. I have nothing, so there's nothing I have to prepare to give up.

Giving up the dream of just perhaps one day becoming something dies pretty darn slowly, if you ask me. :than kyou::good post:

Do you know what Winston Churchill failed at before he became one of the greatest leaders of all time? That "black dog" used to kick his fanny, too.

And, you certainly do have a great deal to surrender. You sure do! as so many who love you right here have told you.

I have never given up my "right" to hold on to something, that in return deeper, more satisfying kinds of things returned, eventually.
Old 04-21-17, 01:46 AM
Mindful moderator

Hermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud ofHermus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Giving up the dream of just perhaps one day becoming something dies pretty darn slowly, if you ask me. :than kyou::good post:

Do you know what Winston Churchill failed at before he became one of the greatest leaders of all time? That "black dog" used to kick his fanny, too.

And, you certainly do have a great deal to surrender. You sure do! as so many who love you right here have told you.

I have never given up my "right" to hold on to something, that in return deeper, more satisfying kinds of things returned, eventually.
Nah. Maybe many did love me right here. After my rant about fat and ugly women they sure as hell don't like me anymore.

That's the burden of being loved or liked by people. One wrong move and you fall from grace. Much easier if people hate you in the first place.

Last edited by Hermus; 04-21-17 at 02:11 AM..
Letching Gray (04-21-17)
Old 04-21-17, 03:36 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 27,072 Times in 12,084 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nah. Maybe many did love me right here. After my rant about fat and ugly women they sure as hell don't like me anymore.

That's the burden of being loved or liked by people. One wrong move and you fall from grace. Much easier if people hate you in the first place.
Do you think that if people didnt like you they would bother commenting on anything you post? If you could read some of my very first posts on this forum when I was still an active alcoholic, you would be shocked.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Hermus (04-21-17), Letching Gray (04-21-17), stef (04-21-17)
Old 04-21-17, 03:51 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 24,628 Times in 12,132 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, that's not how it works!!!
When you are truly loved and liked, you don't "fal from grace" from one angry outburst.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-21-17), Hermus (04-21-17), Letching Gray (04-21-17), Little Missy (04-21-17)
Old 04-21-17, 04:37 AM
Mindful moderator

Eugh, have an appointment with my therapist in half an hour. The type of woman who probably grew up in a stable household, got her psychology degree in four years, never had any major struggles in life and only for the first time ever talked to an addict when addiction treatment proved a good career opportunity. Now she is going to tell me how to do things. If only I were back in rehab. There a lot of the therapists and assistants were recovering addicts themselves. At least they had some credibility when giving advise, because they talked from their own experience.
Letching Gray (04-21-17)
Old 04-21-17, 04:39 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 27,072 Times in 12,084 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Eugh, have an appointment with my therapist in half an hour. The type of woman who probably grew up in a stable household, got her psychology degree in four years, never had any major struggles in life and only for the first time ever talked to an addict when addiction treatment proved a good career opportunity. Now she is going to tell me how to do things. If only I were back in rehab. There a lot of the therapists and assistants were recovering addicts themselves. At least they had some credibility when giving advise, because they talked from their own experience.
Is this your first time meeting with her?

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (04-21-17)
Old 04-21-17, 05:05 AM
Mindful moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Is this your first time meeting with her?
No. Have had a lot of meetings, but have difficulty with her saying things like I should not date and fhen later choose for healthy women etc. She never had to deal with the things I'm dealing with. So it seems so easy for her to say.
Letching Gray (04-21-17)
Old 04-21-17, 06:39 AM
Mindful moderator

So I have told my therapists about all my doubts and resentments towards her and towards others. I think that it helped me. But I could see that it upset her that I thought that she walked through life easily, so probably that's not true. I can be so mean sometimes when upset.
Letching Gray (04-21-17)
Old 04-21-17, 07:10 AM
Forum Guru

Quote:

LOL. Nice one. As if you would give up on those you care about!
Old 04-21-17, 07:16 AM
Forum Guru

Quote:
If only I were back in rehab.
Now you're talking. That may be an excellent move. Can you go back if you decide you need to? Can you call them and ask for their advice, given your present circumstances? Do they refer former patients to therapists in your area? Do they have follow up programs for alumni?

"Any lengths" is not something you've backed away from.
Old 04-21-17, 09:22 AM
Mindful moderator

Quote:
Now you're talking. That may be an excellent move. Can you go back if you decide you need to? Can you call them and ask for their advice, given your present circumstances? Do they refer former patients to therapists in your area? Do they have follow up programs for alumni?

"Any lengths" is not something you've backed away from.
Well, no. I don't think rehab would be an option or a necessity right now. As I have told I see a therapist weekly, who is connected to the institution running the rehab. And I have had day treatment for 2 days a week after rehab. My situation isn't nearly bad enough to warrant going back to rehab. It just has been difficult the last week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (04-21-17), stef (04-21-17)
Old 04-21-17, 10:26 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,274 Times in 4,565 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
No, that's not how it works!!!
When you are truly loved and liked, you don't "fal from grace" from one angry outburst.
Exactly, because...

Quote:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps
no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

Blesséd Be,
Ian
Hermus (04-21-17), Letching Gray (04-21-17), Little Missy (04-21-17), Simargl (04-21-17), stef (04-21-17)