ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 12-24-17, 01:55 PM

Grungy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Started up Adderall Again/TEVA IS HORRIBLE/ I need advice and answers

As of 12/22/2018 I have just gotten back on Adderall Instant Release, I stopped taking adderall in 2015 due to harsh side effects of generics. I thought a break was needed I had been on them for 6 years. Back in “I say “-2011 -2013 teva/barr worked perfectly for my add and adhd with ZERO side effects also Sandoz was my favorite by Far but could never find it. Then there was a adderall shortage and when I filled my prescription at Walgreens because Cvs was completely out where I usually get my Barr/Teva I was given the pink 20s that said dextroamphetamine those made my anxiety go through the roof I didn’t know what was wrong, not even my Xanax I was perscribed at the time could take the edge off.

Then when the shortage stopped I was back on Barr/Teva then somewhere along 2013 - 2015 something had changed, it all depended on the batch. I was taking 20mg 3 times Daily, I told my doctor I wanted to try vyvanse in replacement of the adderall. So I started on 70mg vyvanse and I noticed way to much cardiovascular strain. So I told my doctor I did not like it, did not help in any way form or shape that adderall has in improving my life and I asked to lower my adderal dosage to 10mg 3 Times A Day. I had the teva/Barr and it was effective with no side effects. I lost my insurance in 2015 so I stopped taking adderall.

Now I’m Finically stable to pay for my Doctor visits and prescriptions also goodrx is a godsend when you don’t have insurance. So on the 22 two days ago I walk into cvs with my written script and ask if they have Barr/Teva or Sandoz they told me no we have mylan, I did a quick search on my iPhone on the generic and was like “no” she told me Walgreens had Teva so I go to Walgreens one minute away and I asked her if Teva was the only generic they have she said yes so I was thinking Barr/Teva I wasn’t aware of this horrible change in formulation until I took my pill and was all excited to be back to being unlazy and not lethargic and wanted that focus and drive I have stateboards in 2 months I have to study for that and I have put that off for a couple years due to my add adhd.

Well I thought in my head this 10mg should hit me in 30 mins nothing has happened for a hour and 30 mins I take my other 10 for the day and end up falling asleep. I wake up at four in the afternoon take my 3rd 10mg and I realized how much smaller and faded the pills looked I did my research online and found the forumulation had changed and saw a lot of post coming up in my google search when I typed Teva Adderall and loads of post I saw was about this change and how they are no good and have no efficiency it’s like taking a sugar pill and Barr/teva no longer exist. So I’m like what the hell do I do?

Corpharma is horrible I tried them in 2015 felt nothing but cardiovascular effects at its worst when it comes to generic adderall, I read they are no longer making them so thank god. I hate this new Teva I feel lazy unmotivated tired but restless and irritable and more so to myself is this even adderall? I should not feel this way• I say in my head• I don’t even care to take a shower this TEVA JUNK is that bad. I don’t want to try the Mylans that my cvs carries and I can’t find sandoz at any Walgreens or cvs or rite aid in my city or the suburbs. I heard people saying Sandoz was carried at Costco. I do have a few Costco’s here I don’t have a membership but I’m willing to get one if they have the generic sandoz. But then I’ve read where people are saying they can’t find sandoz that they are currently not making adderall at this time?

I’m confused and would like to know what to do, what are my options is Sandoz available where I can have my Walgreens order in that specific generic for me? I feel like sandoz is my last option or buying the brand name and in that case would be outrageous expensive especially with no insurance. FeedBack “Advice” Your Current Situation With Generics, Answers and Questions Are Greatly Appreciated .

Last edited by midnightstar; 12-24-17 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: paragraph breaks only, no other edits
Old 12-24-17, 03:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,257 Times in 11,388 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Started up Adderall Again/TEVA IS HORRIBLE/ I need advice and answers

Good luck.

I've never experienced an Adderall shortage in 17 years. I always took Sandoz or Teva.

The only kind available here since October has been Teva and I do not know what happened but it IS not Adderall. Aurobindo is available but no one will buy them. Crap, fake drugs.

I've been taking generic Dex which was great for a day and now all I want to do is cry and sleep.

I am over searching. I'm too old for this nonsense.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-04-18)
Old 12-25-17, 07:41 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,952 Times in 14,766 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

3 times over this last year Ive tried to have my booster dose by adderall ir and it hasnt worked. 5 years ago it did. I have moved back to my ir booster dose being dex. I couldnt take the inconsistency.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-17, 12:22 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,834 Times in 7,139 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungy View Post
As of 12/22/2018 I have just gotten back on Adderall Instant Release, I stopped taking adderall in 2015 due to harsh side effects of generics. I thought a break was needed I had been on them for 6 years. Back in “I say “-2011 -2013 teva/barr worked perfectly for my add and adhd with ZERO side effects also Sandoz was my favorite by Far but could never find it. Then there was a adderall shortage and when I filled my prescription at Walgreens because Cvs was completely out where I usually get my Barr/Teva I was given the pink 20s that said dextroamphetamine those made my anxiety go through the roof I didn’t know what was wrong, not even my Xanax I was perscribed at the time could take the edge off.

Then when the shortage stopped I was back on Barr/Teva then somewhere along 2013 - 2015 something had changed, it all depended on the batch. I was taking 20mg 3 times Daily, I told my doctor I wanted to try vyvanse in replacement of the adderall. So I started on 70mg vyvanse and I noticed way to much cardiovascular strain. So I told my doctor I did not like it, did not help in any way form or shape that adderall has in improving my life and I asked to lower my adderal dosage to 10mg 3 Times A Day. I had the teva/Barr and it was effective with no side effects. I lost my insurance in 2015 so I stopped taking adderall.

Now I’m Finically stable to pay for my Doctor visits and prescriptions also goodrx is a godsend when you don’t have insurance. So on the 22 two days ago I walk into cvs with my written script and ask if they have Barr/Teva or Sandoz they told me no we have mylan, I did a quick search on my iPhone on the generic and was like “no” she told me Walgreens had Teva so I go to Walgreens one minute away and I asked her if Teva was the only generic they have she said yes so I was thinking Barr/Teva I wasn’t aware of this horrible change in formulation until I took my pill and was all excited to be back to being unlazy and not lethargic and wanted that focus and drive I have stateboards in 2 months I have to study for that and I have put that off for a couple years due to my add adhd.

Well I thought in my head this 10mg should hit me in 30 mins nothing has happened for a hour and 30 mins I take my other 10 for the day and end up falling asleep. I wake up at four in the afternoon take my 3rd 10mg and I realized how much smaller and faded the pills looked I did my research online and found the forumulation had changed and saw a lot of post coming up in my google search when I typed Teva Adderall and loads of post I saw was about this change and how they are no good and have no efficiency it’s like taking a sugar pill and Barr/teva no longer exist. So I’m like what the hell do I do?

Corpharma is horrible I tried them in 2015 felt nothing but cardiovascular effects at its worst when it comes to generic adderall, I read they are no longer making them so thank god. I hate this new Teva I feel lazy unmotivated tired but restless and irritable and more so to myself is this even adderall? I should not feel this way• I say in my head• I don’t even care to take a shower this TEVA JUNK is that bad. I don’t want to try the Mylans that my cvs carries and I can’t find sandoz at any Walgreens or cvs or rite aid in my city or the suburbs. I heard people saying Sandoz was carried at Costco. I do have a few Costco’s here I don’t have a membership but I’m willing to get one if they have the generic sandoz. But then I’ve read where people are saying they can’t find sandoz that they are currently not making adderall at this time?

I’m confused and would like to know what to do, what are my options is Sandoz available where I can have my Walgreens order in that specific generic for me? I feel like sandoz is my last option or buying the brand name and in that case would be outrageous expensive especially with no insurance. FeedBack “Advice” Your Current Situation With Generics, Answers and Questions Are Greatly Appreciated .
Welcome to the forum! You might find this thread helpful. Many of us have had problems with Teva, lately. I tried Aurabindo recently as an alternative and it was far worse.
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81319
Old 12-25-17, 12:42 PM

MyAchillesheel is a jewel in the roughMyAchillesheel is a jewel in the roughMyAchillesheel is a jewel in the rough

Grungy,

Give the Mylan or Sun Pharma a shot. They were not made during the great Adderall shortage of 2012 so they may be a better quality generic formula. They are the newest and most recent generics on the market. Some folks in here and on another board have mentioned they found those two to be pretty good. But who really knows if it's good for you until you try it?

I personally believe, since the great Adderall shortage of 2012..... the generic Adderall Pharmaceutical companies figured out they could get away with less active ingredients and shoddy quality....and to this day continue to pump out poorly made generics because they haven't had their hand slapped..

(Google Adderall shortage by Shire and you will find newspaper articles regarding how this happened by forcing patients to switch to Vyvanse as they lost their patents on Adderall XR and IR, it is A fascinating read.)

Does that sound a bit far fetched / conspiracy theory like / paranoid perhaps???

I think not because history has already shown us big Pharma plays big games with all medications...

I strongly believe that the FDA will not get involved unless a politician such as a Senator brings this to light. We have all filed complaints but there still has been no response from the FDA to investigate.

Look at past transgressions on Psychiatric medication failures where the government stepped in to correct it: the generic Wellbutrin XL fiasco, the generic Concerta epic failure...

I know there are more examples but I don't want to beat a dead horse any longer...

My point is Pharmaceutical companies play games and mess with medications resulting in substandard products all the time...

Adderall is no different...

Lastly, with changes to the healthcare system resulting from Obamacare the current products showing up in pharmacies are always the "cheapest available" because insurance companies do not want to reimburse for the more expensive better made products since it costs them more $$$.

Think about that for a moment..

"Cheapest available"

If you buy the cheapest car available is that the same quality as the most expensive car available? No

According to my pharmacist at Costco, the reason we don't see Sandoz is because it was the most expensive priced generic on the market over the previous 18 months. Now all they carry is Malinckrodt...

Therefore the most widely available generic forms of Adderall are the cheapest.

Currently these are:

Teva
Aurobindo / Auro life
Malinckrodt

These just happen to be the most widely panned on any forum discussing Adderall.

Will 2018 be better?

Sandoz is supposed to be back on the market by then

The Corepharma formula is supposed to be available but under a different company name called Epic by first quarter 2018

Sun Pharma is newly available

Mylan is newly available

But will any of these be better and solve our problems?

I hope so...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyAchillesheel For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-04-18), Little Missy (12-25-17)
Old 12-30-17, 12:14 PM
ADDvanced Member

Snoopy10 will become famous soon enough

I've been on Teva for 3-ish years and although I agree with everyone that over the past year the pills look more faded ( and to be fair, I've always noticed those pills shedding their color into my pill box like an overly dark pair of new jeans) I haven't noticed a change in effectiveness. Same pills in my experience. I probably don't know what I'm missing?

We can't do anything about how drugs are manufactured so I guess our only option is to figure out the best generic and where to get it (which pharmacy). Keep us posted on that!
Old 12-30-17, 07:09 PM

Thx for the replies I might try the mylan if sandoz isn’t back in January
The Following User Says Thank You to Grungy For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-03-18)
Old 01-03-18, 06:21 PM

AED1955 is on a distinguished road

Generic Adderall has gotten so terrible I was thinking of switching back to Ritalin, but then I remembered my doc switched me to Adderall because generic Ritalin was so messed up. Almost thinking of giving up on ADD stimulant drugs altogether.
Old 01-03-18, 07:54 PM

Ditto I feel the cardiovascular side effects these pills only want to give are horrifying
Old 01-04-18, 08:44 AM
ADDvanced Member

Snoopy10 will become famous soon enough

I wonder why Teva doesn't effect me as negatively as everyone else? Maybe because I exercise regularly? I also have naturally low blood pressure. I'm feeling frustrated for everyone struggling with the generics, it seems like a last resort to stop taking the meds if they help with your symptoms.
Old 01-04-18, 09:01 AM

Thanked 21,257 Times in 11,388 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm kind of liking the fake Teva now and getting used to it. It's not Sandoz, but it's okay when I'm tired of the dex.

But I'm not going to take it whenever Sandoz or whatever pops up is better.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-04-18)
Old 01-04-18, 11:00 AM

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Called my local Costco to ask what Adderall and Dexedrine they had. They told me to come in.

Asked the same question...they asked why I was asking. I said general information, but also because I take Dex (showed them my prescription bottle).

Adderall = Sun, Mylan, Teva, Shire

Dexedrine = Teva, KVK Tech, Amedra/Impax

Quotas Suck (not a political comment),
Ian
Old 07-03-18, 08:29 PM

sungrl22 is on a distinguished road

Hey there. I have only started taking generic Adderall IR maybe 6-7 years ago and it helps me tremendously. I think I never knew that there was a medication that could make me less distracted and more focused. Keep in mind I get 5 mg and only take half. I know-LOL many pharmacies do not even have the 5's and pharmacists ask me if this does anything for me and the answer is YES. Don't take every day though-only when I know it will be a challenging one...Anyway I LOVED Corepharma - it was the only one I ever used and even if others were available for less $ I stuck with what worked for me. Now they seem to have discontinued it. So I call my local Walmart and they have something called Accord brand-and it works great actually very similar to Corepharma. I just called again a couple of months later to be SURE they have this--and they tell me NO that was just a "fluke" and they have Teva now! I have seen so much negative about the Teva - so no way. So then I go to my local CVS (central coastal FL) where I normally fill scrips and they have Sandoz. So I filled it there. Point of all this is...have not taken one half yet. It is why I am on this forum. I know overall great reviews-but not sure how it will be.
Old 07-19-18, 08:15 AM

JustAHedgehog will become famous soon enough

I tried 15 mg IR teva and although the med felt weaker I still noticed an effect. My go to is Sun IR and I hear Mylan is also good. Sandoz is alright, and yes aurobindo should never be considered.
Old 07-19-18, 04:38 PM
ADDvanced Member

BlackWarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHedgehog View Post
I tried 15 mg IR teva and although the med felt weaker I still noticed an effect. My go to is Sun IR and I hear Mylan is also good. Sandoz is alright, and yes aurobindo should never be considered.
Was it you that posted about Teva "remaking" their 30mg and possibly 20mg around June? I'm hoping to try those soon.