ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 01-29-17, 09:22 PM

Obsessive_ADD is on a distinguished road
EEG suggests 90% chance of traumatic brain injury but no history of it??

I had an EEG done when I was 17 years old and they found that there is a 90% chance of my having had a traumatic brain injury in the past with a TBI of 3.5. To my knowledge and my family's knowledge, I have never had any traumatic brain injury. What could this mean? I am diagnosed with ADD-predominately inattentive subtype but traditional ADHD medications have failed to help.
Old 01-30-17, 05:43 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,640 Times in 14,603 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EEG suggests 90% chance of traumatic brain injury but no history of it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessive_ADD View Post
I had an EEG done when I was 17 years old and they found that there is a 90% chance of my having had a traumatic brain injury in the past with a TBI of 3.5. To my knowledge and my family's knowledge, I have never had any traumatic brain injury. What could this mean? I am diagnosed with ADD-predominately inattentive subtype but traditional ADHD medications have failed to help.
I thought an EEG measured brain waves and that a brain scan would be the only thing that could tell about TBI? And why would an actual scan say chance? If there is actual evidence of injury it would be definite.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 01-30-17, 07:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,028 Times in 2,495 Posts
kilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I find the detailed evaluation of the client’s EEG and qEEG, and an understanding of the dynamics of the brain’s response to trauma, provide a superior working understanding of the client’s specific injury. This is far superior compared with a simplistic sorting into classifications of “normal” or “TBI” by software that admittedly misses 20% of the actual cases of brain injury and 50% of other clinical cases would be classified positive for brain injury in the absence of any history of head injury in an open clinical series.
From https://qeegsupport.com/eeg-findings...-brain-injury/

The 50% false positive would indicate this test is not suitable for making a diagnosis and the person using and interpreting the test was probably not up to date in their understanding of the research data upon which the technique is based.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-17, 08:32 PM

Nelson1967 is on a distinguished road

It also can show to much in data thata and bata too it's normally to test for epilepsy too on me it's both epilepsy and too high data wave left side only from a TBI
Ask your mom made u had a TBI many years ago