ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-16, 04:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,730 Times in 12,007 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I try and use unscented whenever possible, but my shampoo has some.

That said, unscented soap, unscented lotion, unscented laundry detergent for the win.

But on special occasion, a little Chanel, and only because I know it will be received well. And to smell it, you would be inappropriately close to me, lol.

Cheers,
Ian
See, since you don't use a lot of scented stuff, you haven't gone "nose blind"
to the smells so you don't use too much cologne.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-12-16), julialouise (12-12-16), stef (12-12-16)
Old 12-12-16, 04:34 PM

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve tried to be good with the lotion (especially after a shower), and the gloves, but it is wintertime, and an attack of eczema has come on.

It would anyway, but then handling all of this paperwork, I’m done for, well and truly.

Does anyone get dealt a winning genetic hand of cards?

Hmm,
Ian
Old 12-12-16, 04:39 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,455 Times in 13,264 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I used to tell them that I don't buy anything over the phone, thanks anyway,
and then hang up.

Now that I have caller ID, if the number isn't one my phone recognizes I let it
go without answering. If it's important they leave a message. Otherwise I just
delete the call.
I just didn't answer and let my answerphone take the message
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-12-16), stef (12-12-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-16, 04:41 PM

Thanked 21,259 Times in 11,390 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I try and use unscented whenever possible, but my shampoo has some.

That said, unscented soap, unscented lotion, unscented laundry detergent for the win.

But on special occasion, a little Chanel, and only because I know it will be received well. And to smell it, you would be inappropriately close to me, lol.

Cheers,
Ian
Chanel has never been bothersome.

AXE is poison.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-12-16), Lunacie (12-12-16), stef (12-12-16)
Old 12-12-16, 04:43 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,455 Times in 13,264 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

And why is it that people think if you don't stink of chemicals you're not clean?
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-16, 04:43 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I’ve tried to be good with the lotion (especially after a shower), and the gloves, but it is wintertime, and an attack of eczema has come on.

It would anyway, but then handling all of this paperwork, I’m done for, well and truly.

Hmm,
Ian
Paper is so painful for me to touch in the winter. Ink bothers me horribly, newspapers, magazines, etc.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-12-16), julialouise (12-12-16), stef (12-12-16)
Old 12-12-16, 04:44 PM

Thanked 21,933 Times in 7,991 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've been worried that my boss thinks I'm lazy or a wimp for using the rolling
desk chair to do much of the cleaning at the salon.

She came in for a minute yesterday while I was cleaning and I told her about
the xray results, and how chiropractic has me walking without canes now, but
how I still can't stand and work for more than a few minutes without pain so
bad it makes me cry.

She just said it was a good thing I didn't have her job, standing all day working
on people's hair. Seemed like she understood just fine.

I know it looks strange to use the dust mop and the vacuum from the rolling
chair, but I'm just as thorough and quick as someone who stands up. That's
what a work place accomodation looks like I guess.
As long as you're doing your job often people are very understanding. Good for you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-16, 05:02 PM

Thanked 5,718 Times in 2,449 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Have been given the advice to not date or have romantic or sexual relationships for a year and I intend to follow it. Yet, I have so many opportunities to get laid all of a sudden.

(And in rehab I found out that I have a sex and love addiction.)
aeon (12-12-16), julialouise (12-12-16), Little Missy (12-12-16), Lunacie (12-12-16), midnightstar (12-13-16), stef (12-12-16)
Old 12-12-16, 05:20 PM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
No, in part because it is serious quality. The price isn’t all a question of brand.

And I’ve never had a problem with the most deep and sensuous incense...as long as it is 100% natural.

But synthetic fragrance...the suffering starts right away. The headaches which are quickly followed by the nausea...ugh.

Women in their natural state smell ******* fantastic.

Cheers,
Ian
Little Missy (12-12-16), Lunacie (12-12-16), stef (12-12-16)
Old 12-12-16, 05:23 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hmm,
Ian
On my fb mom's forum they recommend Cetaphil a lot. Also Aveeno. Some
recommend plain old coconut oil ... I may be the only person that's allergic to
coconut.

Quote:

AXE is poison.
I don't know which ones affect me the most. I've heard some real horror stories
about AXE, reactions a lot like I have to some scents. The doctor told me I have
an allergic reaction which causes a neurological reaction. Weird huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
As long as you're doing your job often people are very understanding. Good for you!
The cleaning lady she had before me was unreliable. I've only missed two days
in the 11 years I've worked there. Of course, I only work one day a week
but that's still a pretty good record.

Once when my sister died the night before and once when I broke my upper arm.
I kept going to work with the broken arm, but it took me longer to do the job.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 12-12-16, 05:28 PM

Quote:
No, in part because it is serious quality. The price isn’t all a question of brand.

And I’ve never had a problem with the most deep and sensuous incense...as long as it is 100% natural.

But synthetic fragrance...the suffering starts right away. The headaches which are quickly followed by the nausea...ugh.

Women in their natural state smell ******* fantastic.

Cheers,
Ian
Yeah, it does seem to make a difference for me whether it's natural or artificial scent.

The headaches and nausea is pretty typical for an allergy to scent.

It makes me feel spacey and weak. Last time I was driving home, same highway
I drive every week for 11 years now, and at one point I felt horribly lost.

Got home and checked my blood pressure, so low everyone is amazed I didn't
pass out. Then it bounced clear up to stroke level. At the ER I was given three
benedryl and two corticosteroid pills. That was a handFULL of meds!

Now I don't go anywhere without several benedryl in a case in my pocket.

Old 12-12-16, 05:43 PM

Quote:
On my fb mom's forum they recommend Cetaphil a lot. Also Aveeno. Some
recommend plain old coconut oil ... I may be the only person that's allergic to
coconut.
I go for (my) gold standard. CeraVe.

Quote:
It makes me feel spacey and weak.
I get that too. Wow, I didn’t know I had any problem, I just thought poison was poison.

And no artificial flavor in anything I ingest, if I can help it.

Cheers,
Ian
Little Missy (12-12-16), stef (12-12-16)
Old 12-12-16, 05:50 PM

Quote:

I get that too. Wow, I didn’t know I had any problem, I just thought poison was poison.

Cheers,
Ian
CeraVe quit on me fast and made it worse. Now I use Vanicream.

This is like a commercial.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-16, 06:13 PM

Quote:

Cheers,
Ian
Yeah, that's what I thought. But I googled allergies to scents and saw that
changes in blood pressure can be a problem, so I checked mine.

I was so shocked that it was only 77/55 so I called "ask-a-nurse" and she was
so schocked she told me to call for an ambulance ride to the ER. Didn't want
me driving.

I called my daughter and she took me to the ER. By then my BP was 202/104.
They gave me the pills and made me lay there on the exam table until it was
back to normal.

I've felt like that at times before but had no idea my BP was going wonky.

Do you have a BP monitor? Next time you feel like that it might be a good idea
to check your blood pressure.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
stef (12-12-16)
Old 12-12-16, 06:15 PM

Quote:
CeraVe quit on me fast and made it worse. Now I use Vanicream.

This is like a commercial.

As long as we don't link any ads for these creams we should be okay.

Closed Thread