ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 11-25-08, 09:27 PM

ihpaw is on a distinguished road
Problems at work

Hi all. I've not been diagnosed with ADHD (in fact, my GPs refuse to believe there's anything at all wrong with me), but I have a number of the symptoms of ADHD including inability to get down to work, inattention, and a short fuse/very bad temper

The problem is, as accommodating as my boss is, my temper is clearly starting to annoy him, as I'm always arguing with him. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you deal with those days where all you seem to be doing is snapping at people?
Old 11-25-08, 09:37 PM
Forum Guru

INaBOX is a glorious beacon of lightINaBOX is a glorious beacon of lightINaBOX is a glorious beacon of lightINaBOX is a glorious beacon of lightINaBOX is a glorious beacon of lightINaBOX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Problems at work

For starters, find out the root of the problem. Maybe it's ADHD. Maybe it's not. Maybe you have anger issues and could benefit from anger management classes. Maybe your boss really is annoying and your lack of impulse is taking you over the edge. What's the bait?

I act on impulse as well. I don't go around snapping at people though but my patience wears thin a lot with my own ADHD son. So, I have my own bag of regrets. How do I deal with it? One day at a time. I look for my triggers. Did I get enough sleep that night? Am I hungry? PMSing? lol Did I have too much chocolate? Yes, chocolate gets me irritable.. but I LOVE it.
Old 11-25-08, 10:07 PM

Yeah, I think it's certainly my impulse... I know not to do it, but yet I still have to... if you know what I mean. I guess mostly it's when I'm being told what to do. I take being told what to do very badly when I don't want to do it

Hm, good advice about finding my trigger, thanks . I'm certainly better some days than others. Not sure what they are yet though, though I am getting quite certain the lack of sleep I've been getting this last couple of weeks isn't helping!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-08, 07:28 PM

Well, as predicted I lost my job. I guess it gives me time to sort my problems out anyway
Old 12-12-08, 07:43 PM
Contributor

oddjobace has a spectacular aura aboutoddjobace has a spectacular aura about

Do you feel frustrated when you are inattentive?

Perception is 9/10ths reality

Those who define others define themselves.
Old 12-15-08, 12:33 AM

Hard to answer, really. At the time not usually, unless I'm not paying attention to someone when they're talking. But when it's not doing work, not until hours have suddenly passed and nothing (or little) has been done...
Old 12-15-08, 08:36 PM
Contributor

oddjobace has a spectacular aura aboutoddjobace has a spectacular aura about

I sometimes get ticked off by rude people or at least who I think are rude and inconsiderate.

Are you sensitive to the people around you? Can you sense thier moods? I think I am affected by peoples moods bery easily.

Perception is 9/10ths reality

Those who define others define themselves.
Old 12-20-08, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjobace View Post
I sometimes get ticked off by rude people or at least who I think are rude and inconsiderate.
Same here when I'm in a bad mood Then the impulsive part of me kicks in.. not good

Quote:
Are you sensitive to the people around you? Can you sense thier moods? I think I am affected by peoples moods bery easily.
Yeah, definitely, but not more than usual I don't think