ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-10, 07:12 AM

reoxlee is on a distinguished road
Exclamation The Real Cause Behind ADHD - The Human Skull Defect

Read this through, it will only take 5 minutes.
The Human Skull Defect
First of all, I want you all to take a look at the picture below.
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/7378...05202010_1.jpg
The above is a skull of a human, while the one below is of a Gorilla. Notice the difference between the height of both skulls.
Now here's a picture of a human skull alone including the part of the neck or cervical vertebrae.
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/1557...05282010_1.jpg
You can see that I drew a red cross in the middle of the skull indicating the point where the cervical vertebrae are connected to the skull. Notice that the red spot is not at the centre of the skull (which is the center of gravity for the skull). The head structure seems to be "too high" and the forehead "too wide" in comparison with the middle point. This to me simply means that our head is not efficiently supported by our neck muscle.
Think of it as we are balancing a "bowling ball" on our neck. If you were to put this "bowling ball" on a monkey's neck, in the long term, it too will stand up straight in order to balance this "ball" effieciently. That's what I think. If you look at women, some of them have thinner neck muscle which will contribute to osteoporosis. Although for men, the curve on a women's body seems very attractive but this occur in order to balance their head, which to me is very unhealthy for the spine.
Here's something to prove my point
This is the untouch picture showing some primates skeleton and also a human skeleton
http://www.teachersnetwork.org/power..._evolution.jpg
In this picture, I have pasted the upper head of a human skull to the other primates upper skull in order to show that by doing so it will not only increase the weight of the skull but also the height of the skull.
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/1286...05282010_1.jpg
Compare this to a primate head.
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/2710...05242010_1.jpg
As you can see, the primate upper head is well supported by its neck muscle. The center of gravity is low compared to the human skull which allows it to easily control its head without much effort. Some of you may say that this is rubbish and that you can move your head without any problem. In order to move a muscle, we need energy. Energy comes from our blood which contains glucose from what we eat and oxygen through our breathing. Let me give you an example; as you are looking at your computer screen for a period of time you will get tired. This is because you are simply not breathing in enough oxygen to allow your neck to support your head. Do you like to eat while you are using the computer? Now you know. This is also the reason you will find that most people tend to move their head (up, down, left, right) when they are talking. Have you ever notice that? I believe this is because our heart is trying accommodate with the lifting of our head along with our breatihng. When we look down, we feel relax because our heart don't have to work as hard to lift our head and we cn breath easier. This is also the reason why some people seem to be more confident than others, while others feel nervous all the time. A confident person just has a stronger neck muscle or the center gravity of their skull is more balanced thus allowing them to move their head easier than other people without affecting their breathing. Its that simple.
Now, some of you may ask what significant does all these have to do with you? My answer to this question is "EVERYTHING". I am confident that it is this defect that have made human weaker in terms of physical and mental. This also contributes to the emotional expression that we are displaying today.
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/1032...05252010_1.jpg
This show the long term effect of such defect. As we gets older, our skull will slowly lean forward due to gravity (the long red arrow shows the direction in which the skull will slowly fall). Since our brain is inside the skull and doesn't move, what will happen is it will stretch the nerves around the brain which runs through our body (the short double arrows show some of the spots which the stretch will occur). These include our eyes, ears, mouth, and most importantly our spinal cord. Now, what will happen if this stretch continues?
For our eyes: Illnesses such as far sighted or near sighted, glaucoma, or in a more severe case - retina tear.
For our ears, the ear drum will be stretched and weak in hearing will occur.
For our mouth: Ulcer, gum disease, sensitive teeth, and tonsillitis, just to name a few.
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/4720...05252010_1.jpg
The effect for our spinal cord would be back pain. In a long run, illnesses such as osteoporosis will start to developed. The reason for this can be clearly seen with the pictures below
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/1217...05252010_1.jpg
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/5190...05252010_1.jpg
The first picture shows a normal vertebrae if you will. Flexible with minimum friction. As the human skull fall forward, it will pull the nerve from the brain all through the spine which can be seen as illustrated in the second picture. Also, the back muscle will tense up in order to lift the head and this will also cause harm to the vertebrae. This is why I am certain that drinking more cows milk will only increase the weight of our skull and thus accelerate the development of osteoporosis. Here's the lnk to prove what I mean.
http://www.naturalnews.com/002695_Ro...cows_milk.html
Notice that Norway, Holland, Sweden, and Denmark which are countries that produce large amount of cows milk incidently also have one of the highest case of osteoporosis in the world.
To the brain itself, due to the pressure and stretching inside the skull, I strongly believe that brain cells will start to die off resulting in memory loss or Parkinson's disease in severe cases. Some people may experience headache, fever or even apnea (sleeping disorder). Between the membran of the brain and the inner skull, friction will also occur. As a result it will cause some minor tissue tear. But because there are no nerves on our brain's membran which detect pain, what we will feel is warmness and sometimes fever. Also, don't forget that the outer layer of the skull is of course our skin which involves blood arteries and veins. Due to the stretching by the neck muscle, the skin on our forehead will get thinner, resulting in blocking of blood supply which leads to baldness in the beginning and sometimes headache will occur. Look at the picture below and you will understand what I'm saying.
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/1264...05272010_1.jpg
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/1377...05272010_1.jpg
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/1854...05272010_1.jpg
On the third picture, you can see that due to the "nature" of our skull structure, our face are being stretched, causing the face pores and muscles to be tighten and eventually resulting in condition such as acne and deviated septum. This is also direcetly responsible for certain facial expression on our face.It is this stretch and pull of muscles which result in us having different faces
Due to this heavy skull of ours, our body will tense up even if you don't realize it. The nerves from our brain to our spinal cord will be stretched. Our breathing is significantly affected by this condition. This have prevented us from breathing properly as you can see from the picture below.
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/1836...06062010_1.jpg
This in turn have caused our organs to degenerate faster and causing illneses such as diabetes, cancers, heart disease, kidney failure and etc. This is even directly causing mental illness to some. Behavior such as bad temper, extremly emotional and even a long term effect such as syncophonic. Many allergic such as asthma and sensitive skin can be prevented if proper breathing technique is practice at the early stage. Human being are becoming weaker mainly because of this defect which is preventing us from fully utilizing the potential of our mind. What a waste.
Here's a simple experiment which you can all do in front of your computer screen. Sit up straight and put both of your palms on top of your head. Try to search for the most comfortable spot which you can hold you head efficiently without much effort. Now gently press down you head. Use this picture as reference.
http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/6561...06102010_1.jpg
You will find that in less than 5 seconds, your whole body will feel more relax, your can breathe in more air and feel more alert at the same time. It will also cool down your body. You may want to try this when you are feeling tired to feel the effect.
Please take note that I'm not saying that bacteria, viruses or mutation, etc...dont affect the human health. What I have mentioned above is due to the "natural" condition of a human body particulary the skull which contributes to some of the health problem which we are facing today. Please remember this.
To some of you this may sound a little unreal at this point, but to me this is as true and real as the water I drank after I finished running a marathon.
The Following User Says Thank You to reoxlee For This Useful Post:
ADXP (08-22-10)
Old 08-22-10, 07:37 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Marspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond reputeMarspider has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Real Cause Behind ADHD - The Human Skull Defect

the whole point of your post seems to be because humans have a differently shaped head from primates, our neck muscles are not efficient.
We do have a wider head but having a head like a primate's means we wouldn't be sitting here discussing this issue, we would be in a forest grunting. The reason for our wider heads is for our bigger brains.
I'm not entirely sure what your solution is to balancing a bowling ball on top of our spine is though, become more like a primate? Cut off our heads?

The weight of our skulls is not just supported by our neck muscles, it also involves our back muscles down to our leg muscles. Think of a tripod, putting a camera on a tripod doesn't mean it's just the tripod head supporting the camera, the camera's weight is spread down to the tripod legs.

Weak back muscles can cause pain up by the head, weak leg muscles can cause pain.

I've done martial arts since I was 12, and I used to have very defined back muscles. My muscles were strong from my back down to my legs. I didn't have too much neck pain. I had head pain but that's separate from the neck pain. Since I stopped, I do get more tension headaches, as I slump more, and don't have as much support from my back muscles, my neck muscles have to work more, and they are more tensed.

The key is also posture. We can balance all sorts of loads on our heads, you spread the weight.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marspider For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (08-27-10), Impromptu_DTour (08-27-10), meadd823 (08-26-10)
Old 08-22-10, 08:38 AM
Contributor

ADXP is just really niceADXP is just really niceADXP is just really niceADXP is just really nice

So what do you suggest for us so we can undo some of these behaviors.

About the nasal septum ,I am actually
going for a surgical procedure becoz my nasal septum is
pushing to one side
& causing only one nostril
for breathing. And when allergies
strikes,I cannot breath at all.

Another thing I also do is putting both my arms above my head
constantly. I didn't even know why I do that for
but it seems to me an automatic
reflexes or maybe a compensatory
form of reflexes.

Interesting thoughts....
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-10, 09:08 AM
Forum Guru

cantakeitnemore is a name known to allcantakeitnemore is a name known to allcantakeitnemore is a name known to allcantakeitnemore is a name known to allcantakeitnemore is a name known to allcantakeitnemore is a name known to all

I want to read your post but it looks like my course book, and I can never get myself to read them.
The Following User Says Thank You to cantakeitnemore For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (08-27-10)
Old 08-22-10, 12:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,171 Times in 1,053 Posts
βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ has disabled reputation

I thT there is enough science out there to suggest that the main causes for add is not skull shape...Check out the science forum, lots o stuff.

Btw you can use

img src="photoaddress" with sideways carrots around it like parentheses.

for pics

The Following User Says Thank You to βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (08-27-10)
Old 08-22-10, 03:37 PM

Thanked 17,515 Times in 7,316 Posts
Amtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, too much to read. A brief once-over makes me think it's mildly reminiscent of phrenology.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amtram For This Useful Post:
βĩο₱Ħعℓĩ (08-26-10), ADDictive_714 (08-27-10), dally (08-22-10), Imnapl (08-27-10)
Old 08-23-10, 10:23 AM
The Social Committee LIVES

Thanked 17,723 Times in 8,885 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

I like to think of myself as open-minded but....

Like... wtf?

Is this the OPs own theory? Does (s)he have any references to actual scientific research that suppors these theories?

Jeez.
Old 08-23-10, 10:43 AM

Myth is on a distinguished road

Sorry reoexlee,TLDR...plus you lost me on the thinner neck muscles contribute to osteoporosis.
The Following User Says Thank You to Myth For This Useful Post:
Abi (08-23-10)
Old 08-23-10, 10:48 AM

Thanked 6,891 Times in 2,968 Posts
meridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond repute

If this theory were in any way the case don't you think that 96% of humans would have AD/HD instead of 4%?

I'm just sayin' . . .

Just a guess, but I doubt the OP is coming back. We'll see.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?” – U2

“The future ain't what it used to be.” – Yogi
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meridian For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (08-27-10), Impromptu_DTour (08-27-10), meadd823 (08-26-10)
Old 08-23-10, 10:50 AM

Thanked 23,974 Times in 11,094 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reoxlee View Post
Read this through, it will only take 5 minutes.
>>
Reloxee, many of us find it impossible to read a solid block of text like that. It would only take you a few seconds to edit your post when you finish writing it to add breaks between the paragraphs.

Like this.

You're asking us to spend "5 minutes" to read your post, the least you could do is spend 15 seconds to add those line breaks, eh?

Before I would even start to debate your reasoning here, I'd like to know what your solution might be? You have explained what you think the problem is, but there is nothing about how to deal with it or fix it.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Amtram (08-23-10), Myth (08-24-10)
Old 08-23-10, 11:28 AM
Forum Guru

Logic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to all

I'm not one to question scientific research without first immersing myself in it before I poke holes through it, but in this case, with little to support it (or little provided to support it) may I be the first to say "tosh"?

Besides, the gist of it seems to imply that over time this inherant weakness of the homo-sapien neck eventually causes or exacerbates these problems (I like to call it old-age deterioration personally)... I was born with my 'defect'... perhaps I had incredibly bad posture in the womb and ended up like I am... (yes, I realise the article was refering to an across-generation change, I'm just being snarky)

There's also the part that implies apes are better off then we are owing to their strong neck and better centred skull... wild chimps die at around 50, and a mountain gorilla is lucky to make it to 35; wheras human life expectancy is incresing due to better medical care, and quality of life, therefore we are bound to experience health complications as our ageing bodies cope with functioning the older we get.

But I've got a headache and there's too many problems to list with that 'article', so I'm off to hold my hands on top of my head until I feel better...

Logic (98%chimp)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Logic For This Useful Post:
βĩο₱Ħعℓĩ (08-26-10), ADHDTigger (08-23-10), Amtram (08-23-10), Imnapl (08-27-10), Impromptu_DTour (08-27-10), Marspider (08-27-10), meadd823 (08-26-10), Myth (08-24-10)
Old 08-26-10, 03:31 AM

sharblu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADXP View Post
About the nasal septum ,I am actually
going for a surgical procedure becoz my nasal septum is
pushing to one side
& causing only one nostril
for breathing. And when allergies
strikes,I cannot breath at all.

Another thing I also do is putting both my arms above my head
constantly. I didn't even know why I do that for
but it seems to me an automatic
reflexes or maybe a compensatory
form of reflexes.
Hmm. I wonder if your "arms above your head" reaction is partly due to your deviated septum. Raising your arms above your head allows you to breathe (even if you have to breathe through your mouth) better and get more oxygen. Just a crazy thought. heh
Old 08-26-10, 03:39 AM
ADDvanced Member

Komod0Dragon has disabled reputation
Thumbs down Re: The Real Cause Behind ADHD - The Human Skull Defect

Quote:
Originally Posted by reoxlee View Post
Read this through, it will only take 5 minutes
It took 5 minutes just to scroll through the dang thing.

Why on earth would I read a post that says only 5mins but you have hours worth of research? You already lied to the readers by telling them it's only 5min long to read.

Plus you're talking to ADD'ers and ADHD'ers, I can't read that incredibly bored BS that, as others stated, looks like it came out of a text book.

Ick!

Last edited by Komod0Dragon; 08-26-10 at 03:40 AM.. Reason: Added a Word
Old 08-26-10, 08:12 PM
Contributor

mechnik has disabled reputation

Is phrenology rearing its ugly head again?
Old 08-26-10, 11:16 PM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,349 Times in 6,095 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

phrenology!!!! ya mean like this????

The brain pics are supposed to be funny so please unwad all under garments!!

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
βĩο₱Ħعℓĩ (08-31-10), Abi (08-28-10), danelady (08-27-10), firstdesserts (08-27-10), imBushe (08-30-10), Imnapl (08-27-10), Impromptu_DTour (08-27-10), Logic (08-27-10), mechnik (08-27-10), meridian (08-27-10), Michiko74 (08-26-10), sarek (08-27-10), shysmile (08-27-10)