ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-17, 04:24 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,522 Times in 2,366 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

One of my magical beliefs was destroyed today. I always believed that attraction was all important and something that only happened when people were in some way destined for each other. Then I had to do a role play with a woman who is much older than me and who I'm totally not attracted to. At the end she was all shy and giggly and I had that tingling sensation. If it even can be created between the two of us in a situation where we are open to it because of the setting, it may be nothing more special than just a pleasant feeling. Nothing magical about it. Is there nothing sacred in this world anymore?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-13-17), stef (11-13-17), WhiteOwl (11-13-17)
Old 11-13-17, 04:52 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,989 Times in 11,638 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

So stressed out right now. Ebony's over here trying to soothe me, shaking a bit (I mean I'm shaking a bit, Ebony's trying to make me stop)

such a stressful weekend.

seems nothing has wanted to go right this weekend and this week so far

probably should take meds.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-13-17), stef (11-13-17)
Old 11-13-17, 04:54 PM

Thanked 27,752 Times in 12,826 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
One of my magical beliefs was destroyed today. I always believed that attraction was all important and something that only happened when people were in some way destined for each other. Then I had to do a role play with a woman who is much older than me and who I'm totally not attracted to. At the end she was all shy and giggly and I had that tingling sensation. If it even can be created between the two of us in a situation where we are open to it because of the setting, it may be nothing more special than just a pleasant feeling. Nothing magical about it. Is there nothing sacred in this world anymore?
You made a connection with another human being. That this is possible in all kinds of settings is magical in its own way too.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-13-17), Hermus (11-13-17), Little Missy (11-13-17), namazu (11-13-17), stef (11-13-17), WhiteOwl (11-13-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-17, 05:19 PM

Thanked 19,281 Times in 10,250 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
You made a connection with another human being. That this is possible in all kinds of settings is magical in its own way too.
Yes. Yes it is. Oh, yes it is.

Magically beautiful.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-13-17), stef (11-13-17), WhiteOwl (11-13-17)
Old 11-13-17, 05:27 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it so difficult to find the prescription food the vet wants Tigger to be on??????

this is stressing me out.
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
Old 11-13-17, 06:27 PM

Thanked 12,595 Times in 5,585 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One of my magical beliefs was destroyed today. I always believed that attraction was all important and something that only happened when people were in some way destined for each other.
That’s good that a magical belief was destroyed.

Quote:
Then I had to do a role play with a woman who is much older than me and who I'm totally not attracted to. At the end she was all shy and giggly and I had that tingling sensation.
The mind may know it is a role play, but the heart cannot know or see such things.

And so perhaps you found that attraction can develop through engagement where it did not exist before. I think I first learned that in a big way when I was about 23...and yes, I was bewildered by it actually happening, even though I believed it could happen before it ever did.

Quote:
If it even can be created between the two of us in a situation where we are open to it because of the setting, it may be nothing more special than just a pleasant feeling. Nothing magical about it. Is there nothing sacred in this world anymore?
No, there is nothing magical about it.

It is something far, far greater...magic is but a parlour trick. This is something else entirely, above and beyond.

Don’t devalue it because it was experienced as part of a defined situation.

It was perhaps made possible because of the situation, but it was the real deal, make no mistake of that.

I think it good that for you the experience no longer has the qualities of being magical or sacred. Those are things of the imagination, which could never capture the sublime, essential nature of what occurred.

To connect with another human being is the only thing that truly matters in the world, the only thing that has ever mattered, and the only thing that will ever matter.

Why?

Because it is the seed from which blooms the flower that is Love.

And after all else falls away, Love is what remains.

Blesséd Be,
Ian
Hermus (11-14-17), Little Missy (11-13-17), stef (11-13-17), WhiteOwl (11-13-17)
Old 11-14-17, 08:28 AM

Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

So tired today and so much to do.
aeon (11-14-17), stef (11-14-17), WhiteOwl (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 11:32 AM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

It is 9:31am, and I have been at work for an hour, and the phone has rang 51 times so far.

Kill Me Now, Make It Stop,
Ian
Little Missy (11-14-17), Lunacie (11-14-17), stef (11-14-17), WhiteOwl (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 12:47 PM

Guess I've got to lay low for a while, not in my best mood lately and it leads me to seeking arguments online.
aeon (11-14-17), Little Missy (11-15-17), stef (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 02:00 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,114 Times in 12,775 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
It is 9:31am, and I have been at work for an hour, and the phone has rang 51 times so far.

Kill Me Now, Make It Stop,
Ian
at 3:00 pm today:
-important guy arrives for meeting
-2 seperate, unrelated loud conversations in my office
-my boss: AS SOON AS HE ARRIVES LET EVERYONE KNOW.
I NEED TO SEND THAT DOCUMENT IN A PDF WORD FORMAT* RIGHT NOW, HOW MUCH LONGER IS THAT GOING TO TAKE???

(*still does not realize that these are 2 different things)

it's only Tuesday
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-14-17), Little Missy (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 02:50 PM

I need to remember to not let Tigger play the game of "parts of Star's body are mousies", just got my hand beat up by her (she used her claws to grip but didn't get hard enough hold with either claws or teeth luckily)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
stef (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 03:30 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL has raised her annoyance to a new level. She crossed off every day the other chick is supposed to be there in purple marker but she can't see and the calendar is a scribbled mess.

The heat guy has to come because the whatever isn't doing what it should. It seemed just great in there to me but I'm not 87 or however old she is.

She's mad about her birthday. I could go on and on. I just want a nap so I can deal with her when I get back there.

Her urine output is about zilch. It is getting pretty close to check out. Her toenails are blue.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-14-17), stef (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 04:22 PM

Nervous energy is doing my head in tonight, can't stop it.
Old 11-15-17, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
LOL has raised her annoyance to a new level. She crossed off every day the other chick is supposed to be there in purple marker but she can't see and the calendar is a scribbled mess.

The heat guy has to come because the whatever isn't doing what it should. It seemed just great in there to me but I'm not 87 or however old she is.

She's mad about her birthday. I could go on and on. I just want a nap so I can deal with her when I get back there.

Her urine output is about zilch. It is getting pretty close to check out. Her toenails are blue.
UPDATE!

She took a monstrous dump and is happy as a lark!

Ancient heating is once again pouring out the BTU's.

She drank a lot of water after I gave her the one-two. She'll be tinkling all night.

AND, I can hardly contain myself to see Her Flip's and her daughter's reaction to LOL's scheduling changes.

I told her the other chick is coming tomorrow and she snappily said, "She'll find out she's NOT when she walks in the door!"

I am not answering my phone tomorrow.

Just in case anyone is dying to be In The Know, KVK Dex does not dry my mouth out. Voila! I am SO happy. Not deliriously so, just not like this anymore that could change, you never know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-15-17), stef (11-15-17)
Old 11-15-17, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Just in case anyone is dying to be In The Know, KVK Dex does not dry my mouth out. Voila! I am SO happy. Not deliriously so, just not like this anymore that could change, you never know.
Hmm, you must have the Lo-Dri™ version.

Me, I just keep a gin and tonic at hand here at work when the sipper’s feeling a bit parched.

Cheers,
Ian
Little Missy (11-15-17)