ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 11-14-17, 01:00 PM
ADDvanced Member

Charmcityguy22 will become famous soon enough
I'm here again looking For answers

So here I am again looking for answers,but these symptoms are scary,this started 2 months ago sending me to the ERthree times in one week,basically my whole body becomes very weak all over like it wants to shut down.lightheadednessArm and leg weakness and Hart palpitations,when I was in the Ear they prescribed me ativan and funny enough when I would take an ativan the symptoms would go away,but before I would take an ativan the symptoms described above where horrible.i was thinking it was a stroke but if the sympto me go away with ativan then why would it be,as well it would not come and go.ive not taken an ativan since Saturday.so I'm hoping its withdrawal thats ramping up the anxiety and the ativan was not covering up an underlying issue.also when it's cold out I do get very blue hands and arms as well I shiver a lot so maybe it's poor blood circulation,has anyone experienced and of this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charmcityguy22 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-14-17), Little Missy (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 01:29 PM

Thanked 31,823 Times in 14,336 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I'm here again looking For answers

it sounds like you had a panic attack. and, yes, i've had them before.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-14-17), Little Missy (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 01:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 19,281 Times in 10,250 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
it sounds like you had a panic attack. and, yes, i've had them before.
Me too.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-14-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-17, 03:21 PM

Thanked 12,595 Times in 5,585 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Me three, but I never went to the hospital for it.

I just laid there and thought “well, this is unpleasant,” and tried to think of Keats.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 11-14-17, 04:16 PM
ADDvanced Member

Charmcityguy22 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the replies,I'm in the ER again,I feel like ok.could be withdrawing from the ativan I was using.beciase I know darn well if I took an ativan right now in an hour i'd be fine.unless I have an underlying cause.
The Following User Says Thank You to Charmcityguy22 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 04:21 PM

Thanked 31,823 Times in 14,336 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

so, just putting it out there: THE thing that helped me the most in coping with panic attacks was CBT that was focused on doing interroceptives. a solid therapist/group facilitator will explain what is happening...why your body feels cold (during the fight or flight response all of your blood rushes from your extremities to preserve the core of you), why your heart races, for me, why i feel like i can't take a deep breath, why you feel dizzy, etc.

after going through and seeing how these things manifest, you practice a type of exposure to your symptoms. you breathe through a straw, to mimic the symptoms of a panic attack, make your heart race, make yourself dizzy. and you learn to sit with it and different strategies to ground yourself and endure through it.

anyway, i appreciate that you're scared right now and that you're linking ativan to withdrawal and so forth...but i just strongly encourage you to take CBT with interroceptives practice. i did it twice a week for months and it enabled me to leave my house routinely again. it can help.

best to you,
-peri
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-14-17), namazu (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 04:35 PM

Thanked 19,281 Times in 10,250 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmcityguy22 View Post
Thanks for the replies,I'm in the ER again,I feel like ok.could be withdrawing from the ativan I was using.beciase I know darn well if I took an ativan right now in an hour i'd be fine.unless I have an underlying cause.
Good! You did the right thing.

I hope you're feeling better within the hour.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-14-17)