ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 05-16-18, 04:49 PM

zachums1 is on a distinguished road
Took straterra ONCE last sunday, have not slept in 4 days HELPP

So a background - I cant take any stimulant medications whatsoever because my insomnia reacts very badly to them. Even a cup of green tea first thing in the morning will leave me wide awake at night.

I was hoping that Straterra would be more helpful due to the fact that its non-stim...

I was wrong.

I took 40mg of Straterra last Sunday, I did not sleep at all that night and decided that I do not want to go on this medication. Well i've been giving it time to clear out of my system and its been 4 days and I still cannot sleep. I'm at my wits end...
Old 05-16-18, 05:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,364 Times in 3,040 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Took straterra ONCE last sunday, have not slept in 4 days HELPP

It won't be the Straterra, that will be long gone out of your system. Have you looked into other possible factors that could be making your insomnia worse?
Old 05-17-18, 04:17 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,159 Times in 14,292 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachums1 View Post
So a background - I cant take any stimulant medications whatsoever because my insomnia reacts very badly to them. Even a cup of green tea first thing in the morning will leave me wide awake at night.

I was hoping that Straterra would be more helpful due to the fact that its non-stim...

I was wrong.

I took 40mg of Straterra last Sunday, I did not sleep at all that night and decided that I do not want to go on this medication. Well i've been giving it time to clear out of my system and its been 4 days and I still cannot sleep. I'm at my wits end...
Have you ever had a sleep study? Straterra wouldnt be in your system this long.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-18, 05:11 AM

Thanked 25,380 Times in 11,790 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

I like to check drugs dot com before starting a new medication to check on
side effects and interactions with other things I take.

That site says that insomnia on Strattera is common. It doesn't say how long
it would continue to affect you.

You may need to try a sleep aid like Melatonin or Trazadone. You may have a
sleep problem that can be treated.

Please check with your doctor. You should always report unwanted side effects.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 05-17-18, 06:04 PM

Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,191 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute

So do you only have sleep issues when taking medication?