ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-12, 08:51 PM

KateM128 is on a distinguished road
Smile New too

Hi, I'm Kate and new here, finding my way around, and kinda still dealing with the whole "i have ADD and have to face it now" concept.

Actually, it explains much of what I've struggled with my whole life but finally have a term to put to it, so in a way that is a relief.

I tend to have trouble concentrating especially at work.

For instance if I have a set of tasks in front of me, I get started but find myself within about ten minutes doing something else (something more interesting... or not).

So this pattern repeats itself throughout the workday and gets very frustrating.

Also the sights and sounds around me, the cubicle setup i can't change (desk bolted to wall), my coworkers blabbing and stuff, mainly going on behind my back drives me nuts!

But I'm known as a friendly person and people generally like me, so I don't want to complain and be known as a b**** (even if i feel like one sometimes) so I smile and just deal with it.

I tried headphones and white noise, music etc but that is distracting too.

Sometimes i just do work after everyone leaves. But that cuts into my personal life and time. I'd rather just be able to concentrate and be more effective during work hours.

I'm not sure what to do to improve concentration besides the obvious: medication. It's an option I've considered but prefer to avoid that if possible. I'm here hoping to hear what has worked for others, both with or without medication, and explore/try some options that I haven't yet thought of.

I welcome any ideas or tactics that have worked for others that I can try to help me focus better. Looking forward to "meeting" you all soon.

Thanks,
- Kate
Old 07-22-12, 09:16 PM
ADDvanced Member

ONLY DESTROYER will become famous soon enough
Re: New too

Omega 3 Fish Oil
Flax Seed Oil
Multi Vitamin
Neuro Sonic (Not too sure if this is a good combo, have not tried it yet. This product found at local convenient stores can enhance your mentality with specific doses of vitamins and other ingredients.)
Also if your in on of those angry moods when off medication or maybe even if your angry on medication? Angry on medication is not fun.
NeuroBliss is great. Safe alternative to take away stress with simple vitamins.
Blueberries (Best fruit for brain food)
Whole Wheat, well balanced breakfast, I hate whole wheat but eat it any way. The way I made them bearable was by buying the ones with frosting on them, the sugar making it more bearable. I absolutely hated blueberries and forced myself to like blueberries by consistently eating them until my body says, "Alright I like these, lol."
KateM128 (08-02-12)
Old 07-22-12, 09:41 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,333 Posts
CheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud of

Many newbies are very hesitant about medication. It is understandable.

My theory is this: Medication isn't permanent. If you don't like it or it doesn't help, you can stop taking it.

I've seen many people have their lives turn around after being on meds.

Other people prefer to do other things to find support. It is your body, your journey.

Welcome to the forums!
The Following User Says Thank You to CheekyMonkey For This Useful Post:
KateM128 (08-02-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-12, 10:31 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,126 Posts
phantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant future

Hi KateM128

I'm new to the forum and in the begining of diagnosis and meds and all that jazz too.

Welcome!

There are no limits to what you can accomplish when you are suppose to be doing something else.
Old 07-26-12, 02:21 AM
Committee of One

Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,774 Posts
Retromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond repute

I have built many cubicles but I haven't worked in one, alas. Anyway welcome to the forums Kate!
-- Oscar Wilde
The Following User Says Thank You to Retromancer For This Useful Post:
KateM128 (08-02-12)
Old 08-02-12, 08:25 PM

KateM128 is on a distinguished road

Thanks I will keep all the advice in mind, and keep open mind too.

by the way, Invest, I ran right for the omega fish oil and took one since i have them in my cabinet!