ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-12, 01:09 AM

Lode12 has a spectacular aura aboutLode12 has a spectacular aura about
New here

Hello. I came across this forum a week ago, and after poking around, have decided to stick around and post. I suppose I'm here trying to get some perspective on my own life, and to maybe make some friends.

In may I turned 27, moved to Dallas, and enrolled in culinary school, which is something I've wanted to do for a while, and since recent circumstances brought me to the area temporarily, it seemed perfect. But it did mean confronting that my ADHD might be an obstacle to complete this goal. I went to a P Doc, and with two prior diagnosis (at 14 and 21, with brief treatment periods) I was unsurprised to have the diagnosis confirmed. Now I am taking vyvanse, which despite being slightly inconsistent and almost comically overpriced, is helping control my compulsivity, which is the most obvious symptom of my case.

For the most part, my life has been adventurous and rewarding, and I'm slightly concerned that while trying to treat my ADHD, I might be affecting the parts of my personality I really appreciate. But, my life feels like it's out of my control. The past decade has involved dropping out of high school, several stays in jail, divorce, 50 or so moves, I own nothing... a lot of things. I am worried I will never have a chance at a normal, non self destructive life unless I try something new. So here I am. Sorry if I'm rambling, it's nice to be here.
Old 08-03-12, 01:30 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,934 Times in 7,992 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New here

Welcome to the forum

well treatment shouldn't change who you are, if it does.. change meds
Old 08-03-12, 01:39 AM

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,333 Posts
CheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud of

Welcome!

[0,0]
|)__)
---
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-12, 01:41 AM

Thanked 12,148 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi