ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-12, 02:22 AM

MissJoBanana is on a distinguished road
28 years in and it all starts to make sense!

I'm 28 and was recently diagnosed with ADHD inattentive type. (Is that what they call it?? You know what I'm talking about I assume)

My mom is an elementary school teacher and literally doesn't believe in ADHD. She thinks it's a parenting issue (yes I'm serious). So needless to say it was not something that was even considered when I was younger. I just never lived up to my "potential."

I just kind of got used to things being hard for no reason... not because it was a difficult task or what not, but because I just couldn't get my brain parts to really get anything done. I knew what needed to be done... I just couldn't. My disorganization is epic and procrastination is my super power. Always has been.

For 10 years I had the same job working with really angry customers and every day was something new and bizarre and kept me really busy. But I got bored and decided that I wanted something new so I took an office manager position in the same office and immediately discovered that I suck royally at it.

My new cube mate literally pulled me aside 3 months in and told me I needed to get tested. Her brother was diagnosed as an adult so she recognized it in me pretty quickly. Oddly enough on a camping trip a few weeks later another completely unrelated person told me that I probably had ADHD too. That kind of pushed me over the edge. I started reading about it and was kind of shocked to realize that it described me exactly.

Now I'm taking 20mg Adderall twice a day. It seems to be working pretty well.
Old 07-31-12, 02:39 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,333 Posts
CheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud of
Re: 28 years in and it all starts to make sense!

Welcome to the forums. Glad you found us!

[0,0]
|)__)
---
Old 07-31-12, 02:46 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 28 years in and it all starts to make sense!

I second CM's post and know you'll find so much support here. Welcome.

~Paulo Coelho
Sponsored Links