ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Hangout
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Hangout A place for teens with AD/HD hangout and talk about what's on their minds.

Old 06-26-10, 11:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Werl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Bullies

For me, school is finally over. No bullies for 2 months.

A teenage male from central Alberta, diagnosed with ADHD, borderline Aspergers, and a non verbal learning disorder.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Werl For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (10-01-10), ginniebean (06-28-10)
Old 06-26-10, 11:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,791 Times in 1,933 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

School's out for summer!

Phaedrus

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imnapl For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (10-01-10), Werl (06-28-10)
Old 06-26-10, 11:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Werl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to behold

Finally. I've been waiting for this for months. Yay.

A teenage male from central Alberta, diagnosed with ADHD, borderline Aspergers, and a non verbal learning disorder.
The Following User Says Thank You to Werl For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (06-28-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-10, 12:50 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,791 Times in 1,933 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werl View Post
Finally. I've been waiting for this for months. Yay.
And we're not even bored yet!

Phaedrus

The Following User Says Thank You to Imnapl For This Useful Post:
Werl (06-28-10)
Old 06-27-10, 12:54 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Bored? H*** no. I've got my MacBook and this place, I'll never be bored.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Werl For This Useful Post:
Blueranne (08-03-11), ginniebean (06-27-10), Imnapl (06-27-10)
Old 06-28-10, 08:30 AM
Banned

vanesa7 is on a distinguished road

I hate people who bullies other.
Old 06-28-10, 03:59 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

I have to agree.

Old 07-06-10, 09:13 PM
Jr Member

nonADHDer can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginchaos View Post
Why do People Bully? How to Stop Bullying

What is Bullying?

A person who says something or does something to another person to have power over them

Types of Bullying:

(1) Verbal aggression: Name calling, taunting, threatening (self-esteem issues)

(2) Making someone feel uncomfortable or scared, on purpose (dependency issues)

(3) Taking or damaging your personal property (no sense of self)

(4) Physical aggression: hitting, kicking, spitting, choking, punching (need to assert dominance)

(5) Social exclusion: excluding someone on purpose and/or getting others to
exclude a person
(seeking attention)

**these can be done via written notes or in person, e-mail, IM, telephone, etc.

People bully because:

(1) He/she thinks it makes them popular

(2) To look like he/she is in charge

(3) Attention (this is the same as number one)

(4) Jealously

(5) To make others afraid of him/her (power issues are by nature jealousy issues. Jealousy = insecurity = attention-seeking to fill a void).

(6) Being bullied him/herself (learned behaviour)

Bullying can Make a Person Feel:

(1) Lonely

(2) Unhappy

(3) afraid/scared

(4) unsafe

(5) decrease self-esteem

*Each of which the bullier suffers from themselves depending on the form of bullying.

If You are Being Bullied:

(1) Spend more time with friends

- bullies, more often, pick on people who are alone

(2) Ignore the bully

(3) tell someone you trust (eg. parent, relative, teacher, principle, etc)

*(4) break his neck. really. resort to very violent acts if you've warned someone else ahead of time that this was going on and they didn't listen.

If You Are a Bully:

(1) Think about why you are bullying

(2) Think about how you would feel if you were bullied

(2) Most bullies arenít liked

(3) Treat others as you want to be treated

No one should have to deal with a bully. You have every right to feel safe
and secure.

The best thing to do is to tell someone. Tell someone you can trust and who
will help on your behalf. By telling someone, youíre not ratting out the bully;
youíre helping and protecting yourself.

*If you're concerned about ratting, you probably deserve to be bullied. It's your life that matters, not someone else's. 'Rat' all you want.
EDIT: I added stars, parentheses and content where I thought appropriate after reading that.
The Following User Says Thank You to nonADHDer For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (10-01-10)
Old 07-08-10, 06:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

Nickis2legit will become famous soon enough

I'm guilty of a couple of those back when I was scared, it was either bully or get bullied. Karma has a funny way of getting back at people I wish I wouldn't have been so insecure back then
The Following User Says Thank You to Nickis2legit For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (07-08-10)
Old 07-09-10, 11:47 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

marie-johanne has much to be proud ofmarie-johanne has much to be proud ofmarie-johanne has much to be proud ofmarie-johanne has much to be proud ofmarie-johanne has much to be proud ofmarie-johanne has much to be proud ofmarie-johanne has much to be proud ofmarie-johanne has much to be proud of

What is Bullying? The word BULLYING was designed to camoflage a multitude of serious crimes. It's time to break it down, call it what it is, and begin charging the 'bullies' with those crimes!

A person who says something or does something to another person to have power over them

Types of Bullying:

(1) Verbal aggression: Name calling, taunting, threatening Harassment

(2) Making someone feel uncomfortable or scared, on purpose If they're following you to accomplish this goal, it's called STALKING. Otherwise - more harassment.

(3) Taking or damaging your personal property Criminal destruction of private property.

(4) Physical aggression: hitting, kicking, spitting, choking, punching Assault and/or attempted murder!

(5) Social exclusion: excluding someone on purpose and/or getting others to
exclude a person While not actionable, the person who does this has some pretty deep-set fears and insecurities of his/her own.

Keep a journal and let the school know what's going on. If they do nothing, take your journal to an attorney. 'Bullying' implies 'kids just bein' kids'. In this day and age - this is a dangerous attitude to have.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marie-johanne For This Useful Post:
AbsentMindProf (03-25-11), Crazygirl79 (10-01-10)
Old 08-11-10, 02:46 PM

The Bard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickis2legit View Post
I'm guilty of a couple of those back when I was scared, it was either bully or get bullied. Karma has a funny way of getting back at people I wish I wouldn't have been so insecure back then

Yah, I was always taught to never resort to violence so I just learned how use my wit to verbally attack anyone that I internalize as a "threat".

It has its ups and downs.
Old 10-01-10, 11:02 AM

LongJohnsGift is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Bullies

Bullies are all around you! Not just in school, but work, walmart, the park. Anyone who trys to better themselves by lowering another person below them to make them look like the big **** :/ The sad thing is that they get what they want from it a lot of the time because of the reaction they get, not only from the victim, but anyone else that agreed with them. That's another unfortune thing that happens is that they are often uphead by certain people around them for these acts against the victim.

Bottom line, bullies are pussies looking for attention!
The Following User Says Thank You to LongJohnsGift For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (10-01-10)
Old 12-02-10, 11:39 PM

Krzysolja is on a distinguished road

I haven't really dealed with bullies much they usually dont mess with me so i guess thats a good thing haha
Old 01-24-11, 07:28 PM
Forum ADDvocate

hypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to beholdhypergirl96 is a splendid one to behold

i was bullied some when i was in school. mostlyon the "excluded from basically all social groups" part. i used to make friends with the new kids just to have them ditch me for a "higher social status". in seventh grade, one of my two best friends, or at least had been one of my best friends, started to verbally bully me to no end. a lot of it was behind my back. she got a couple other kids in my grade to join in. i couldnt stand it. but im not the kind of person who just takes it all nice and quiet, so i talked back to her, shoving my foot in my mouth more than once. this went on for almost the whole year until i started pretending like i didnt care and she sort of lost interest.

but thank God, it never came to a fight or anything. i started standing up for other kids who got bullied even though, its a miracle that there wasnt much bullying going on there.

i didnt know until recently that most of this problems i can contribyte to adhd, especially the virtually no social skills part. well, im away from thoswe people now, a whole new school, a whole new identity! im just trying not to blow it.
Old 01-24-11, 09:36 PM
ADDvanced Member

Aspie101 is on a distinguished road

I used to be bullied extensively throughout middle school. The best way is to not give them what they want. They make fun of you what do you think there intentions are? To get an angry response from you, so just ignore them but if you want to pick them apart you need to either find there weaknesses/insecurities which may be hiding behind there shenanigans and bullying or you can develop an oozing arrogant sarcastic personality, think the show "House MD" notice how even when others pick at his obvious faults he hits back in all the right places. For example:

Bully: Your such a faggot, you and your 2inch **** should go jump off a building your useless.
You: Right and your not suffering from a horrible case of micro penis and suppressing the fact that you are indeed questioning your orientation. Nice try though.
Bully: You think your so smart and cool with your big words
You: Actually your an imbecile and completely inferior to me. Theoretically according to Darwin you should go jump off the building since your micro penis obviously won't produce much mates or even decent offspring. Have a nice day

And try not to be emotional about it. Just be apathetic about it and show no anger if your going to how anything show copious amounts of narcism and arrogance even if its not like you. And make it seam like you haven't taken it personal. I've done this many times in highschool and if anything its gained peoples respect or just shut them up; Either way I win and show my obvious dominance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aspie101 For This Useful Post:
hypergirl96 (01-24-11)