ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-19, 06:57 AM
ADDvanced Member

thorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to all
Self doubt and perfect timing

I wanted to share this with you guys.

Just like most of you I regularly face doubts about my abilities and my worth. Sometimes it is just a passing thing but sometimes the doubt cuts deeper. Earlier this week I was having one of those nights and I was feeling quite low. Then all of a sudden my younger son wakes up and calls me.

I went into his room and he immediately jumped into my arms and curled up into a comfortable position and fell asleep again. It blew my mind. Even if all I could do in this life was to provide my sons with a feeling of security my worth would be immeasurable. I now have a new perspective of my worth.

The timing that the kid has is nothing short of fantastic.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thorfinnur For This Useful Post:
LeighWolf (03-05-19), Little Missy (03-04-19), Lunacie (02-15-19), stef (02-15-19), tudorose (02-15-19), TygerSan (02-15-19)
Old 02-15-19, 06:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,263 Times in 13,227 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Self doubt and perfect timing

Thank you so much for sharing that.

Ages ago, I was taking secretrial classes, it was so frustrating i didnt understand the stuff about accounting and we got out early one afternoon, my then 2- 1/2 yr old son just dropped his legos in surprise and wonder and gave me this huge smile.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-04-19), thorfinnur (02-17-19)
Old 03-04-19, 07:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,764 Times in 11,677 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow I missed this thread!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-19, 04:23 PM
ADDvanced Member

thorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to all

The timing of it was wrong?