ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-19, 01:52 PM
ADDvanced Member

excelsior is a glorious beacon of lightexcelsior is a glorious beacon of lightexcelsior is a glorious beacon of lightexcelsior is a glorious beacon of lightexcelsior is a glorious beacon of light
I've been doing better on housework!...

......I've been using an army trick. When I've got time, I give the place a once-over. Then I go and pick up anything on the floor, do dishes, scoop the cat box...

It's called R.F.I., Ready For Inspection.

I did not get a laid-back landlord. I've known him to pop in and visit, and the place BETTER BE CLEAN!

And his standards are high. Actually, I think Sgt Landlord needs to calm his wow a little. He's good people, he just needs to do some breathing exercises, go see a movie...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to excelsior For This Useful Post:
Drogheda98 (03-10-19), Little Missy (03-02-19), namazu (02-15-19), soulsearcher (02-15-19)
Old 02-15-19, 02:01 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,074 Times in 10,635 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I've been doing better on housework!...

Whatever works!

I could probably use the threat of a Sgt. Landlord in my life...

I recently had to not-host an annual gathering for health reasons, and it removed what's usually an effective impetus for frantically cleaning the house.
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Drogheda98 (03-10-19)
Old 03-02-19, 09:09 AM
ADDvanced Member

Ronelh has disabled reputation
Re: I've been doing better on housework!...

I didn't do too badly in the dorm in college, because we had resident advisors who would check the cleanliness of our rooms all the time, and we had to pay fines if we had dirty rooms too often. That was enough incentive for me! But since I've been out in the "real world", I haven't done quite so well. Right now, my dining room table is so big, I only need about half of it for eating. The other half collects clutter, all the time - I always tell myself I won't keep using the table as a collection point but somehow it just keeps happening. Maybe the clutter has a mind of its own! Or maybe I just need another resident advisor! Glad you found something that works for you!
mrzyphl (03-03-19), namazu (03-02-19), stef (03-03-19)
Sponsored Links