ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 02-21-19, 05:03 PM

delboyrb is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Im introverted in an extroverted world !

Hey all

Im 30 years old and being quite successful in life but it was only within the past 2 months that i was diagnosed with ADHD and severe anxiety

I have been to the hospital and got a full check-up done including mri scans and blood tests etc and i check out great on that front which is a relief.

I always thought that my lack of concentration and boredom in life was normal, as everyone has bad unmotivated days right?

But now that i have been diagnosed with ADHD, it has been a learning experience this past 2 months and i always knew that i was extremely introverted.

But maybe too much introvert for my liking as i own a business and its been really tough, i have employed staff and just let them go due to it being extremely quiet .

But the tasks that my employees were doing, i am now doing 1nce again, but i cannot focus and feel so much boredom that i take a break every 15 mins.

Should i stay working by myself? as i feel with my severe anxiety, i am scared of people and i have had quite a difficult past with my childhood and people in general

I just need to be by myself constantly and i dont know why

Im afraid that i wont accomplish the things i want in life

I hate groups and i have social anxiety from bullying in secondary school .

Anyone feeling what im feeling right now?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delboyrb For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-21-19), Little Missy (02-21-19), PI-ADHD 29 (02-22-19)
Old 02-21-19, 08:26 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,764 Times in 11,677 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Im introverted in an extroverted world !

me! Me!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-21-19)
Old 02-21-19, 10:08 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,783 Times in 7,604 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboyrb View Post
Hey all

Im 30 years old and being quite successful in life but it was only within the past 2 months that i was diagnosed with ADHD and severe anxiety

I have been to the hospital and got a full check-up done including mri scans and blood tests etc and i check out great on that front which is a relief.

I always thought that my lack of concentration and boredom in life was normal, as everyone has bad unmotivated days right?

But now that i have been diagnosed with ADHD, it has been a learning experience this past 2 months and i always knew that i was extremely introverted.

But maybe too much introvert for my liking as i own a business and its been really tough, i have employed staff and just let them go due to it being extremely quiet .

But the tasks that my employees were doing, i am now doing 1nce again, but i cannot focus and feel so much boredom that i take a break every 15 mins.

Should i stay working by myself? as i feel with my severe anxiety, i am scared of people and i have had quite a difficult past with my childhood and people in general

Welcome to the forum!

I have definitely been there. Are you being treated with any meds. for your ADHD and anxiety? Treating my ADHD has also been the most effective treatment for my anxiety and OCD.

I still need an occasional Xanax but Iím definitely more equipped now to handle and control my anxiety better since beginning Adderall.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-22-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-19, 01:15 AM
ADDvanced Member

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboyrb View Post
Hey all

Are you me?I'm exactly like you. Are you inattentive? Did you try any drug?
Started with ritalin 10 mg (worked only for two weeks)
Then:strattera 80 mg+54 mg concerta +20 mg ritalin (didn't work because of tolerance)
Then:Strattera 80 mg+modiwake(modafinil) 200 mg+brintellix (vortioxetine) 10 mg
Now:wellbutrin 300 mg
For about two years local corticosteroid pomades for atopic dermatitis.