ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Research
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Research Current medical research projects from not-for-profit organizations may be found in this forum. Posts in this section require Forums Staff Approval

Old 06-12-10, 03:25 PM

WordMan has a spectacular aura aboutWordMan has a spectacular aura about
I am a therapist/writer, writing an article on ADHD-PI

Hi! I'm a therapist and published writer, writing an article on ADHD-PI. I have ADHD-PI myself, and I'm only now starting to understand just how much it's affected my life and the life of many other people. I feel that PI has NOT gotten the publicity and understanding it deserves and thousands if not millions of people are suffering from it who don't know it.

I live in the Washington, D.C. area. I'm in the beginning stages of writing this article, but I expect it will appear in Washington Woman magazine or maybe The Washingtonian.

I'm looking for people, especially people living in the Washington, D.C. area but not necessarily, who'd be willing to be interviewed by me to talk about their experience having ADHD-PI. I'd also like to interview spouses of people with ADHD-PI.

Also, if people can direct me to articles, researchers, coaches or therapists etc., who they feel will give me a greater understanding of ADHD-PI, that will enrich the article and make it more accurate and comprehensive, please do.

Please contact me "back-channel" if you want or on this thread. I will furnish you with any information you need to show that I am legitimate in this request.

Thank you!!!!

Last edited by Andrew; 06-18-10 at 09:55 PM.. Reason: Approved for posting in "Research" by Admin
Old 06-12-10, 03:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,438 Times in 3,291 Posts
Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I am a therapist/writer, writing an article on ADHD-PI

Sources of information on ADHD including PI

This is a transcript of a workshop by Russell Barkley. Barkley is considered by most to be, by far, the top person in the field of ADHD. Many, including myself, consider this transcript to be the best write up on ADHD available on the internet. It is dated 2000 but most of the data is still basically pretty good. I do warn however that this is forty pages long and Barkley is information dense. It can be a bit of a struggle to work though so take your time. It is, in my opinion and in the opinion of many others, very much worth the effort. It has probably been of more help those dealing wiht than any other thing I know. I am going to suggest you start with this overview and then download or read the article from there.

http://www.greatschools.net/cgi-bin/showarticle/2054

Videos:
There are a number of very good lectures here pitched at the teacher/parent level. Look especially at the Barkley ones.
http://www.caddac.ca/cms/video/player.html

Here are more by Russell Barkley pitched more at professionals:
http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/mindins...nts.html#dls10

Look for the bald man with gray beard. (grin)

The latest proposed criteria for ADHD in the upcoming DSM-V

http://www.dsm5.org/Proposed%20Revis...for%20ADHD.pdf

A very good general source for up to date general information on the subject:

The National Resource Center on AD/HD: Funded by the CDC, it is the national clearinghouse
for science-based information on ADHD. http://www.help4adhd.org/

This should get you on your way. Enjoy reading and watching.

Good luck with your article

Dizfriz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
k31kozumi (06-22-10), WordMan (06-12-10)
Old 06-12-10, 07:30 PM

peachy_peach is on a distinguished road

I'd be happy to talk to you about my experiences with ADHD-PI!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-10, 08:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,891 Times in 2,968 Posts
meridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi WordMan and welcome to the Forums!

I've sent you a PM so please check your notifications (upper right of this screen). Thanks!

And welcome too to peachy_peach!

Hope you will both find the forums a great place to be!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?” – U2

“The future ain't what it used to be.” – Yogi