ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Research
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Research Current medical research projects from not-for-profit organizations may be found in this forum. Posts in this section require Forums Staff Approval

Old 06-16-10, 07:51 PM
Jr Member

Peter Pan will become famous soon enough
help needed from you

Hi all,
I am needing some help from all of you. I am in the process of writing a handbook for parents, teachers and ADHD teenagers. The focus is on ADHD/ADD teenagers, and will be designed as a quick survival guide. Trying to cut out all the lengthy info and just go straight to the sources.
Quick background on myself. I am a 27 year old female, in my last year of a teaching degree. Misdiagnosed my whole life I started on concerta finally and it is really helping. I have now gone through the very painful experience of looking back over my life and seeing how much the ADHD effected me and the path to destruction I ended up on.
This is why I want the book written. To help others in what I went through. And to try make people more aware of the little things that can help.
This is where I need your help. For my research I want to get lots of other people’s opinions and stories. I know my own story to tell, but we are all different. If you are able to either comment or send me a message with advice as to what has and hasn’t worked for you either as the ADD person/a parent/or a teacher of, that would be so great. I have listed the different areas I will be trying to focus on, but please please please if you think of something I have not covered would be great. Thank you all so much. Oh also, I will not publish your name in the book if you don’t want me to.

AT HOME

Parents support network>
COMPUTER GAMES
ORGANISATION
How to get places on time with an ADD
Cleaning their room
Taking their tablets
SPORT
PUNISHMENT
ANGER
INTELLIGENCE
JOBS