ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 02-13-20, 11:28 AM

Crazyme1 is on a distinguished road
Jornay PM - Anyone??

I just found out about Jornay PM this morning. I can NOT wake up in the mornings & I'm late for work EVERY freaking morning!! I have been on Adderall for many years but it doesn't take effect for an hour or so after i'm awake.

My question is: Has anyone tried this new med yet? My thought is, maybe it will help me wake up & get ready & actually get to work on time??

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyme1 For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-13-20)
Old 02-13-20, 02:23 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,653 Times in 10,924 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jornay PM - Anyone??

I have not tried Jornay.

I, and some others on this forum, have had some success setting an early alarm for an hour before the real alarm, taking stimulant meds then, and going back to sleep until the second alarm goes off. By then, the meds have had a chance to kick in and it's easier to start the day. It might be worth trying if you're otherwise happy with how your meds are working.
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-13-20)
Old 02-13-20, 04:31 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,620 Times in 7,932 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jornay PM - Anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
I have not tried Jornay.

I, and some others on this forum, have had some success setting an early alarm for an hour before the real alarm, taking stimulant meds then, and going back to sleep until the second alarm goes off. By then, the meds have had a chance to kick in and it's easier to start the day. It might be worth trying if you're otherwise happy with how your meds are working.
What Namazu mentioned works great for me. Waking up and feeling awake was always very very difficult for me. It could take hours to most of the day to feel awake and with it. Taking Adderall an hour before getting up has probably been the best benefit from the medication for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-13-20)
Sponsored Links