ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 02-08-19, 04:35 PM
ADDvanced Member

goughy has disabled reputation
? Re using existing tablets for new dosage

Hey all. Haven't been here in a long time. I should have thought to ask my psych this at my appointment yesterday, but I didn't realise what I still had in the medicine cabinet. I'm currently on 40mg strattera a day and my dosage has just been changed to 60mg. The thing is, a have a full box each of 25mg and 40mg, which cost me a combined $133. Could I take one of each of those to equal 65mg a day, and when finished then use the new script of 60mg? Kinda just hate the thought of wasting them.
Old 02-11-19, 05:01 PM

Alphawave is on a distinguished road
Re: ? Re using existing tablets for new dosage

Yes I would do that if I were you.

I'm on 60 mg and they're great!
Old 02-11-19, 06:42 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,783 Times in 7,604 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goughy View Post
Hey all. Haven't been here in a long time. I should have thought to ask my psych this at my appointment yesterday, but I didn't realise what I still had in the medicine cabinet. I'm currently on 40mg strattera a day and my dosage has just been changed to 60mg. The thing is, a have a full box each of 25mg and 40mg, which cost me a combined $133. Could I take one of each of those to equal 65mg a day, and when finished then use the new script of 60mg? Kinda just hate the thought of wasting them.
I would call your psyche first just to be safe. It’s only 5mg more than you’re prescribed and I would think your Doc. would be ok with it but you never know.

Technically, this topic is against our guidelines. Seeking advice about taking more than prescribed is considered med-misuse. I know that’s not the case here at all, which is why I’ve allowed the thread to stay.

The only one who is qualified to answer your question is your Dr. Please just give them a call and problem solved.

Best wishes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Alphawave (02-12-19), Little Missy (02-11-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-19, 09:49 AM
Jr Member

cadog99 is on a distinguished road

Please come back after talking to your doctor. I am wondering too.
Old 02-18-19, 02:15 AM
ADDvanced Member

goughy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post

Technically, this topic is against our guidelines. Seeking advice about taking more than prescribed is considered med-misuse. I know thatís not the case here at all, which is why Iíve allowed the thread to stay.
Absolutely, I didn't even think of this but you make complete sense! Feel free to remove this topic, I won't take offence! Can't reach him for another week and next appointment isn't for 9 weeks.