ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-18, 02:15 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,206 Times in 908 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation
How are people getting access to medication?

How are the people abusing AD(H)D medication, getting daily access to the AD(H)D medication?

M
Old 03-04-18, 02:23 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,868 Times in 7,156 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How are people getting access to medication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd View Post
How are the people abusing AD(H)D medication, getting daily access to the medication?

M
The street, school, friends, dealers, theft and all the other ways drug abusers and addicts get their fix.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-04-18), Lunacie (03-04-18), mildadhd (03-05-18)
Old 03-04-18, 02:37 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,002 Times in 14,798 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Some people have a legit script that they misuse/abuse.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
mildadhd (03-05-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-18, 12:25 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Batman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Some people have a legit script that they misuse/abuse.
My friend's cousin who has a profound case of ADHD-PH (emphasis on the H, be next to this guy for 1 minute and you know he has it) has been getting his script of Adderall/generic amphetamine for years *just* to sell it, minus occasional insufflation before important social events to "stay on point."

It is absolutely ridiculous what this guy does.

Last edited by namazu; 03-05-18 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: Removed comments that could encourage people to pursue illegal activities.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Batman55 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-05-18), mildadhd (03-05-18)
Old 03-04-18, 05:59 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,775 Times in 7,364 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

And also...

From the purple elephant who lives in my closet.

I like to call him Hank.

p.s.
I'm kidding. I'm very proud of the fact that I've never abused my adhd meds.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-04-18), Kaia.S (03-05-18), Little Nut (03-05-18), Lunacie (03-04-18)
Old 03-04-18, 06:27 PM

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Skullduggery, charlatanism, chicanery, larceny, diversion, malfeasance, false witness, begging, dealing, barter, conspiracy, grift, sexual acts, misrepresentation, identity theft, intimidation, blackmail, and all of the other usual human behaviors when something is bought and sold on the underground black/free market.

Once as I left Walgreens a guy offered me $500 cash for my Dex. He had been in the pharmacy area when I picked up my prescription. I told him to turn around and walk away before I made a scene. He scattered something quick.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-04-18), Kaia.S (03-05-18), Little Missy (03-04-18), Lunacie (03-04-18), mildadhd (03-05-18), psychopathetic (03-04-18)
Old 03-04-18, 06:33 PM

Thanked 25,731 Times in 12,008 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently something called "the darknet" is a real thing and people can get
illegal (unprescribed) meds that way.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-04-18), Greyhound1 (03-04-18), mildadhd (03-05-18)
Old 03-04-18, 07:03 PM
Jr Member

memtigers1996 is on a distinguished road

Writing fake prescriptions...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to memtigers1996 For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-04-18), Little Missy (03-04-18), mildadhd (03-04-18)
Old 03-04-18, 08:39 PM

Thanked 21,260 Times in 11,390 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by memtigers1996 View Post
Multiple felonies, not good.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-04-18)
Old 03-04-18, 08:44 PM
Jr Member

memtigers1996 is on a distinguished road

That’s a true addiction..
The Following User Says Thank You to memtigers1996 For This Useful Post:
mildadhd (03-04-18)
Old 03-05-18, 12:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Batman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by memtigers1996 View Post
You're going to get caught. I once worked at a pharmacy and a woman was arrested in the store for doing this, someone quietly called the cops after the pharmacist figured out what was happening.

Are you okay with getting caught?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Batman55 For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-05-18), Little Missy (03-05-18), mildadhd (03-05-18)
Old 03-05-18, 01:24 AM

So far...

-the street
-school
-friends
-dealers
-theft
-misuse/abuse legal script
-internet
-write fake script
-people with AD(H)D selling their medication

I have read that some parents take their children’s medication?

M
Old 03-04-18, 09:18 PM

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Apparently something called "the darknet" is a real thing and people can get illegal (unprescribed) meds that way.
True, but the days when this was easy are over, or so I have read.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-04-18)
Old 03-05-18, 12:41 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,352 Times in 781 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Also there are the episodic users. Cramming for tests, weekend party favors.....A 7x/week prescription that is used to supply 1-2x/week use. The prescription may be the individuals or a friends. Tougher to identify and stop.

For the stimulants, as long as available via Rx there will be the vast majority that "need" them and a much smaller minority that abuse them. The abusers will have the option to substitute illicit non prescription, less safe supplies (e.g Walter Whites....diversion of amphetamine base from actual manufacturers, ...) and the people in need will not. Do not know the magnitude of abuse problem, but if really low I would worry about baby/bathwater issues. -LN
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-05-18), Lunacie (03-05-18)
Old 03-05-18, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nut View Post
Also there are the episodic users. Cramming for tests, weekend party favors.....A 7x/week prescription that is used to supply 1-2x/week use. The prescription may be the individuals or a friends. Tougher to identify and stop.

For the stimulants, as long as available via Rx there will be the vast majority that "need" them and a much smaller minority that abuse them. The abusers will have the option to substitute illicit non prescription, less safe supplies (e.g Walter Whites....diversion of amphetamine base from actual manufacturers, ...) and the people in need will not. Do not know the magnitude of abuse problem, but if really low I would worry about baby/bathwater issues. -LN
Considering in many cases people could be taking ADHD for years and years, I do not think strenthening/confirming diagnoses would increase “babies being thrown out with the bath water”.

Improving protocol may even reduce the present number of “babies being thrown out with the bath water”

Maybe the number of mother and fathers who doubt the existence would be less and have more awareness and confidence in their child’s diagnoses?

It is a big problem for many people who have ADHD, whose mother and/or father (family/friends) doubt the existence of ADHD.

I have asked friends who go to university if it is easy to get access ADHD medication and they said yes.

People were not in favour of new concussions protocol, before the changes in concussion protocol, but I do not think many people would doubt now that strenthening concussion protocol has helped reduce some of the negative effects of repeatitive concussions now, and not just in football, but in all sports.

Doctors could refer patients to other doctors who they know support the existence of ADHD as well, for second or third opinion, reduce misdiagnoses (increase proper diagnoses) and reduce access for people who abuse the system/medication.

M

Last edited by mildadhd; 03-05-18 at 01:38 PM..