ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 09-18-16, 06:37 AM
Contributor

TheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to all
Re: I really don't understand men

Just thinking about it, back in the day I would have gone for a guy whose profile said "interested in fitness, sport, travel, adventure" or something along those lines, not realizing that that usually translates into stereotypical douchebag, or simply "not interested in a real relationship."

I should have been looking for "Likes to play video games till 3 am, watch all the latest movies and eat popcorn on the couch, and prefer Marvel to DC."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheFitFatty For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-10-16), Lunacie (09-18-16), midnightstar (09-18-16), Rebelyell (10-09-16), ToneTone (10-08-16)
Old 09-18-16, 07:33 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,169 Times in 13,101 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

meh if it happens it happens and if it don't then I've always got my girls <3

And my girls don't care what I look like or what I'm wearing
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-18-16), Hermus (09-18-16)
Old 10-08-16, 06:11 AM
Contributor

Lloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Last contact I had with him was to tell him to go direct to hell, don't pass go or collect £200 monopoly money.

Had to block him on facebook, he'd be all "please give me another chance" then if I let him have one final chance he'd mess about. Another man I was going to meet would do similar, in his case he did the ultimatum thing "meet up with me or sod off" and the day he insisted upon there's no transport from where I live cause the buses are utter crap and I can't drive.
Sounds like this guy has you in a codependent relationship with him, hope you can see that he really wants you to be his mother and not his lover if you know what I mean?

But then again it seems nowadays lotta men have mommy issues and want a woman to coddle them and what makes it even worse is that it seems women enable this type of behavior.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-16, 06:14 AM
Contributor

Lloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
meh if it happens it happens and if it don't then I've always got my girls <3

And my girls don't care what I look like or what I'm wearing
Remember though a lot of men still appreciate when women take the time to look nice before they go out in public.

That's another thing I've noticed too about both men and women these days, nobody takes the time to dress nice or groom themselves before going out in public. We're regressing as a whole.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lloyd_ For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-10-16)
Old 10-08-16, 01:39 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd_ View Post
Sounds like this guy has you in a codependent relationship with him, hope you can see that he really wants you to be his mother and not his lover if you know what I mean?

But then again it seems nowadays lotta men have mommy issues and want a woman to coddle them and what makes it even worse is that it seems women enable this type of behavior.
So telling him to sod off is enabling him? I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd_ View Post
Remember though a lot of men still appreciate when women take the time to look nice before they go out in public.

That's another thing I've noticed too about both men and women these days, nobody takes the time to dress nice or groom themselves before going out in public. We're regressing as a whole.
Personally, I don't care about wearing the latest fashion, I wear what's comfortable

The fact that the only clothes of mine that are not covered in cat hair from my girls is my work uniform don't bother me, personally I don't have the time to go through all my clothes and use a lint roller to remove every trace of cat hair so if men can't deal with cat hair I consider it to be their problem, not mine

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-08-16), Luvmybully (05-03-17)
Old 10-08-16, 02:19 PM

I mean, I do brush excess cat hair off my clothes like when Tigger's been having a cuddle on my lap but I don't get rid of literally every single strand of cat hair from what I'm wearing (and Tigger's the one who sheds the most) Ebony don't like laps so the only place I get cat hair on my clothes from Ebony is my jeans when she rubs round to say hello <3

Old 10-08-16, 03:01 PM

Thanked 10,179 Times in 3,200 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

midnight,

Um, err, most of the time, we're like gross, stupid & immature

However, if it helps any, we're also totally clueless about ya'll too

U R Welcome
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-09-16), midnightstar (10-08-16), Rebelyell (10-09-16), stef (10-08-16)
Old 10-09-16, 09:15 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,564 Times in 5,714 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Because they simply aren't men their little boys in men's bodies.you deserve better midnight alot of us do in life in general.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-10-16), Fuzzy12 (10-09-16), Little Missy (10-09-16), Luvmybully (05-03-17), stef (10-09-16)
Old 10-23-16, 12:13 AM
Jr Member

mozetows is on a distinguished road

Men are easy to understand. Feed them, **** them and fluff them with hype and demand your needs get met or discontinue these 3 things. Complaining is a drag, make him earn it too.
Old 10-23-16, 01:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozetows View Post
Men are easy to understand. Feed them, **** them and fluff them with hype and demand your needs get met or discontinue these 3 things. Complaining is a drag, make him earn it too.
Reductionist nonsense.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-23-16), Lunacie (10-23-16)
Old 05-02-17, 04:36 PM

coolbanana is on a distinguished road

if its only men you dont understand then youre lucky .

I dont understand anyone
The Following User Says Thank You to coolbanana For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-03-17)